Tyrone v Mayo - 9th Feb in Omagh - Deferred coverage on TG4

Started by Fuzzman, February 03, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bod Mor

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 05, 2014, 03:54:21 PM
At the weekend I went to collect my 6 year old son from a party and was giving a lift home to two of his wee pals as well. Both of them are real characters and know their football inside out already.

They got in the car and saw my Tyrone badge thingy hanging from the mirror.
Both were wearing their new Dubs shirts and so one pipes up
Do you support Tyrone?
Yeah I said
They're a bunch of cheats!
Why do you say that I asked?
Cos last year they did loads of fouling and dragging players down.
The other lad then joins in and starts slating Tyrone and shouting cheats cheats cheats!!!!

My lad didn't seem to upset when I put them out of the car and give them money for the bus home.
Brolly has a lot to answer for.
For once in my life I was speechless.
You should have askes them what their team was at in the last 10 minutes of the All Iteland final :)
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2014, 06:59:44 PM
Tyrone flying it at the moment. Mayo away from home. Tyrone with the extra few hours rest. If Mayo manage to win, it'll be a surprise.

Tyrone have no chance - this is a Mayo team full of a All Stars who were proclaimed as the saviours of football only a few short months ago. (Remember the hammerings they gave London and Leitrim?). Tyrone are full of kids who are learning their trade and if they can pick up just one or two tips from the Mayo lads during this hammering then I'll be happy.
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

I'd really like to see us put in a lot more pressure defensively on Sunday. If we stand of the big teams like Saturday they will destroy us. Watched the highlights there and for goal pj lavery got caught wrong side of his man and then a 1 2 was played as he followed back and he didn't follow the man. In next play Mcginley was a mile of his man. And for final score mattie d made no effort to block lynch. I'm glad to see us going more attacking but can't ignore basic defensive duties.

I could see 2 or 3 changes this week. Think Harte will make changes throughout the league. Mcaliskey and/or ronan oneill will probably start. Colm cavanagh will probably come into midfield.

I can see both sides of argument regarding sean cavanagh. He provides a great option inside and could get a free role which would allow him to go in and out. But he's so influential running at people from deep and picking up ball that Harte may keep him out the pitch. Grugan looks a decent option and can hopefully improve throughout the league.

ballinaman

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 05, 2014, 08:45:19 PM
Tyrone flying it at the moment. Mayo away from home. Tyrone with the extra few hours rest. If Mayo manage to win, it'll be a surprise.

Tyrone have no chance - this is a Mayo team full of a All Stars who were proclaimed as the saviours of football only a few short months ago. (Remember the hammerings they gave London and Leitrim?).
No, link? Sound

BennyHarp

Quote from: ballinaman on February 05, 2014, 10:28:29 PM

Tyrone have no chance - this is a Mayo team full of a All Stars who were proclaimed as the saviours of football only a few short months ago. (Remember the hammerings they gave London and Leitrim?).
No, link? Sound

Sorry that was 2012. Jeez they've been hammering teams for years - god help us!
That was never a square ball!!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 05, 2014, 10:32:49 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 05, 2014, 10:28:29 PM

No, link? Sound

Sorry that was 2012. Jeez they've been hammering teams for years - god help us!

But Tyrone have been a bogey team for Mayo. They beat us in 2008 and nearly beat us last year and 2004!

Not to mention beating us in the league last year...
Hasta la victoria siempre

CD

Absolutely huge game for Tyrone on Sunday - they really need to be winning their home fixtures this season against Mayo, Westmeath and maybe picking up points at Kildare. Dublin at home and Cork and Kerry away are very difficult fixtures. I'd say Tyrone will field a strong side this week. The loser will be bottom with Westmeath and it's a tough league when you're scrapping for survival every week. I don't adhere to the view that Mayo will come in and hammer Tyrone in Omagh or that they are huge favourites.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

macdanger2

I doubt we'll hammer Tyrone either, I'd fancy them to keep it to 7 or 8 points if Sean Cavanagh plays  ;D

God14

Tyrone 4/6
Mayo 6/4
Draw 15/2

I have an inkling that our match with Derry was of a slightly higher standard than their game with Kildare. Plus Mayo are probably missing more men than ourselves. Coupled with home advantage I think Tyrone can secure a narrow win. 

Fuzzman

Yeah it's hard to judge which game was of a higher standard and I suppose we won't know til Sunday. Tyrone are still unbeaten in 2014 despite fielding a very new look team and playing with no sweeper.
I think we have a good spread of scorers in the team again and not many teams will go to Derry and win or draw I reckon.
I'm looking forward to seeing the team tonight but I agree I think Mickey will stop his experimenting now and start picking his best players from here on in. As CD said we don't want to be near the bottom after two games with Cork, Kerry & Kildare all tough away games and the Battle of Omagh II to come in March.

Fuzzman

Anyone gonna make a stab at what team Mickey might pick tonight.
I'll go for

Morgan
Ryan McKenna
McBride
Tierney
McGinley
Harte
McNabb
Grugan
Colm Cav or Clarke
Niall McKenna
McGuigan
Lavery
RoN
Mattie
McCurry

God14

Don't think there'll be many changes Fuzz, id say 2 from last weekend.
McNiece must be vulnerable, he never got into the game at all last week. I reckon McAliskey will get the nod over him.
The other change I would guess may be Ronan McNabb who seems to be struggling with fitness & subbed at half time in the last 2 games. Colm Cav to come into starting 15 with McBride dropping into defence id guess.

A lot of lads played Sigerson doing the week, havnt heard of any injuries TG.

tyroneman

Tyrone team announced.....

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
4 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh
5 – Ciaran McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
6 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
7 – Tiarnan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Conan Grugan – An Omaigh
10 – Emmett McKenna – Eaglais
11 – Shea McGuigan – Ard Bó
12 – Peter Hughes – Eiscreach
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadán na dTorc
14 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
19 – Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
20 – Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
21 – Connor McAlliskey – Cluain Eo
22 – Danny McBride – An Srath Ban
23 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
24 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór
25 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
26 – Patrick McNiece – Oileán a'Ghuail

Coney back .. Hope he gets some luck and stays injury free this year

Zulu

Mayo team -

1)   Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2)   Kevin Keane - Westport
3)   Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4)   Colm Boyle - Davitts
5)   Lee Keegan - Westport
6)   Shane McHale - Knockmore
7)   Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
8)   Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
9)   Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
10) Cathal Carolan - Crossmolina Deel Rovers
11) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
12) Adam Gallagher - Mayo Gaels
13) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
14) Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen (Capt.)
15) Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore

Farrandeelin

Looks like James Horan is going for more of the same, i.e. picking same teams unless there's circumstances preventing him from doing otherwise.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.