Tyrone v Mayo - 9th Feb in Omagh - Deferred coverage on TG4

Started by Fuzzman, February 03, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

wasn't mcaliskey playing for a college team mid-week last week, would he have had more game time/started if he'd had a free week (not saying he shouldn't have played mid-week).

other than dan mcnulty are there any U21's that would coming through that aren't on the senior panel.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 04, 2014, 10:52:47 AM
Yeah I'd say like McCurry will benefit from Shea's vison and passing as he makes good runs off the ball and because of his pace he needs to get the ball early with his man trying to catch up with his run rather than a high ball into him where his marker will often out muscled or outfield him.
At the moment McCurry looks our most exciting forward which has surprised me as I was expecting RON to be our new goto man for scores.

Any more news on people returning from injuries?
When is Joey or Gormley expected back?

I think RON will be the man, but at this stage he is only really finding his feet after injury and a run of games over the next 3 or 4 months will have him in some form come the summer
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2014, 10:59:58 AM
With a three week break after this game can we expect 100 pages on this one? :'(

Why is there a three week break?
Seriously where are all the Mayo lads Ross?

Under Lights

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 04, 2014, 03:15:15 PM
With a three week break after this game can we expect 100 pages on this one? :'(

County board to throw three club league games in.

Farrandeelin

We've taken offence by your lot calling us arrogant last year... ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

3 week break so the great Sigerson and Railway Cups can be competed for. Meanwhile our Junior Champions will play the biggest game of their lives at the same time s the County team play Wexford >:(
As for the missing Rhubarbs - last seen after sheep round the Curragh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EC Unique

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 04, 2014, 10:52:47 AM
Yeah I'd say like McCurry will benefit from Shea's vison and passing as he makes good runs off the ball and because of his pace he needs to get the ball early with his man trying to catch up with his run rather than a high ball into him where his marker will often out muscled or outfield him.
At the moment McCurry looks our most exciting forward which has surprised me as I was expecting RON to be our new goto man for scores.
Any more news on people returning from injuries?
When is Joey or Gormley expected back?

RON looked a bit heavy and slow on Saturday. Needs training and lots of it to speed up..

macdanger2

Glad to know the Tyronies are missing us anyway  :-*

I'd expect Mayo to name a similar enough team to last week - half experienced players and the remainder fringe / younger players.

The experiment with Boyle will presumably be continued, the same with McHale in CB. Gibbons could get a run out at midfield after doing well the last day. If we're to win, we'll need more from our more experienced men around the middle i.e. Keegan / O'Se / Higgins / Andy.

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 04, 2014, 06:01:09 PM
Glad to know the Tyronies are missing us anyway  :-*

I'd expect Mayo to name a similar enough team to last week - half experienced players and the remainder fringe / younger players.

The experiment with Boyle will presumably be continued, the same with McHale in CB. Gibbons could get a run out at midfield after doing well the last day. If we're to win, we'll need more from our more experienced men around the middle i.e. Keegan / O'Se / Higgins / Andy.
Tell them nothing..let them see for themselves on Sunday  :P

ONeill

Fair play to Mayo. They always get back up onto the bike.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2014, 07:53:26 PM

Arra, sure we like to give you things to give out about in the immediate aftermath of the All-Ireland anyway!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Good to have a nice handy one for us to get back to winning ways

BennyHarp

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 04, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

On your first step towards that 3 in a row some ye were banging on about last summer?  :D
That was never a square ball!!

macdanger2

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 04, 2014, 09:20:45 PM

On your first step towards that 3 in a row some ye were banging on about last summer?  :D

3 in a row?? I'd like to distance myself from that kind of chat, it's that kind of talking ourselves down that has us in the mess we're in ffs

BennyHarp

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 04, 2014, 09:50:13 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 04, 2014, 09:20:45 PM

3 in a row?? I'd like to distance myself from that kind of chat, it's that kind of talking ourselves down that has us in the mess we're in ffs

;D You need to get yourself over to the hubris thread.
That was never a square ball!!