Tyrone v Kildare 14/04/13 Croke Park

Started by omagh_gael, April 08, 2013, 11:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodman

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 09, 2013, 10:57:18 AM
I'd be a lot happier with that FB line RHS as Joe & Conor seem more experienced and dependable than McCrory and Justy. Both of them two I think falls into that category of being too nice & easily bullied out of it.

Would be interesting to see how both would do out on the half back line. Both have pace but don't use it well enough in the FB line as often seem hesitant in case they get caught out.

I presume PJ Quinn is out of the squad or could he come back in? McCarron I think did well last year at wing back and isn't really suited to marking a nippy corner forward. Anybody know when is Carlin due back or what's wrong with him.

Wildweasel I think you're mixing up Mckenna from Eskra who plays wing back with Niall McKenna who used to play at MF. I think he's left the panel this year.

I think Carlin was stripped out on Sunday, can't say for definite but think I seen him taking part in the warm up at start of game so he couldn't be that far off from being ready. Although dont know if he would solve any of our defensive problems.

reddgnhand

Is it just me or is anyone else sick at the sight of the all white strip.

rrhf

Carlin will be  a major improvement in there and that shows us where we are.. My fear is that Carlin will not be the snappy quick influence for a fair while yet, until he gets game time.

rrhf

Quote from: reddgnhand on April 09, 2013, 09:45:37 PM
We are a walking talking Crisp advert. I have a vision of the Sam maguire filled with Honky dortys in the next year or two.

LeoMc

Quote from: LeoMc on April 09, 2013, 01:44:06 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 09, 2013, 12:44:45 PM
I posted a very negative summary yesterday of how I feel about Tyrone but the fact is Man Marker that we almost topped Div 1 having brought in a raft of new players.

For a team that's in transition we've done very well to get to a league semifinal and maybe final.
Personally I am worried that we don't have the quality we had back in the noughties but compared to where other teams rebuilding such as Armagh I'm a lot happier.
I think we've a good chance of winning Ulster and depending on who we meet we could get to an AI semi final. We've got as many good players as Donegal had last year though maybe no Michael Murphy.
I thought we still had one :D

Apparently we don't, according to the Tyrone club page he has left the panel. :-[

God14

We're desperately short of cover in Midfield if thats the case, Aidan Cassidy injured and injury prone as well.

Fuzzman

Quote from: reddgnhand on April 09, 2013, 09:45:37 PM

Couldn't agree more. I always liked the white jerseys with the red shorts but I used to hate it when we'd play Derry and have to wear all white. Apparently years ago we always wore white with hardly any red.

Carlin sure has his faults, like his passing and making rash decisions but he's one of our few terrier like tacklers who works hard and is more suited to the smaller nippy corner forwards like McBrearty or Dublin's McManamon.

What do others think of Ryan McKenna now he's got a good run in the team?
I'll be VERY surprised if Mickey doesn't persist with McCrory at corner back for the summer

Mickeys back 6
McCrory
Justy
Gormley
McKenna
Joey
McNamee

Fuzzy's Fav 6
Carlin
Joey
Gormley
Petey
Justy
McNamee

God14

Isnt it alarming how Carlins star has steadily risen on here over the last couple of months, yet he hasnt kicked a ball...
This is his 11th season with the senior team & he has never really nailed down a place.

The January optimism has well and truely worn off for me, sorry lads.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

omagh_gael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 10, 2013, 12:16:37 PM
One for you Tyrone Heads

Brian McGuigan

Cheers for that Dinny, A very interesting read. Still a biteen bitter and outspoken (he is his father's son!), however,he clears up a few loose ends following his article last year. Those minor wins in 97/98 really were vital for the 03, 05 and 08 successes. Who knows what would have happened if those narrow wins were narrow defeats.

I wonder are Kildare's current crop of underage players their golden generation??

Fuzzman

I suppose it makes sense that players like Declan O'S and Gooch will have issues with us more than say Kerry defenders. They probably had to put up with a lot of "stuff" I'd say with Ricey and Gormley marking them whereas Tomas O'Sé probably was not receiving the same sort of attention.

I'd imagine Stephen O'Neill wouldn't be overly pally with say Neil McGee in the last few years either.

It's a good interview and I think he's being very honest, even if a tad biased of course.
When ye read about his eye problems it brings it all back to you what he went through and how hard it must have been for him just cos some lad targeted him in a club reserve match.

Re Kildare OG. It sure could be an interesting time for McGeeney to follow in Harte's footsteps. Take a team from U21 level through to a senior All Ireland. I don't know will they won the U21 one though. I'd say McGuinness would love to have a few more talented U21's coming through.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 10, 2013, 12:16:37 PM
One for you Tyrone Heads

Brian McGuigan

Thanks for that Dinny. One of my favourite Tyrone players ever, a real class act. It might well be true that he was half the player after his eye injury but he was still key to Tyrone. I recall him coming on with 20 minutes to go in the 2008 final and almost everything Tyrone did in attack after that went through him.

I know his articles have caused some controversy and probably lost him a bit of support in some places.  At least he is honest, albeit at times you wonder is he almost too honest. Good luck to him, he more than did his bit for Tyrone.

ONeill

Yep - to be fair to McGuigan he speaks his mind whether you think it's the right thing to say or not in print.

Is the younger lad Shea county standard?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

emmetryan

Hi guys,

Tactical preview of Tyrone vs Kildare now up http://action81.com/blog/?p=7081

Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

bogball88

Cany anyone copy and past McGuigans interview in as work has this website blocked?