Tyrone v Kildare 14/04/13 Croke Park

Started by omagh_gael, April 08, 2013, 11:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: trileacman on April 16, 2013, 12:10:06 AM
Colm is very industrious and given that he is playing in the engine room of the team mistakes are inevitable. It's just frustrating that simple errors are taking away from some outstanding play, I mean if he cut out the mistakes he could be one of the best midfielders in the country and I mean that.

I don't mean to be harsh but McCurry, Ronan and Coney have had more than enough chances and either by injury or performance they have not taken them. McAliskey has shown a hell of alot more than any of them in the league campaign and we need to stop equating the four of them as regards the position. Come Ballybofey it should be McAliskey who gets the start. Far to much emphasis on here all the time about minor performances, drives me mad.

Also I think Pete has to be dropped or at least moved into the backs again. His distribution has been poor against Kerry and yesterday and it's suffocating our attack. We preformed a hell of alot better yesterday when he was off and as much as it pains me to say it, he is holding this team back at the minute. No doubt he's a fine footballer but we just haven't found a role for him yet. He needs to style himself on Dooher's model, in the same way Mark Donnelly has. Workrate, possession and accurate distribution are his strengths and he needs to find a position on the pitch that makes the most of them.

Morgan is an all-rounder top goalie, good kickouts, good in the air, shot-stopper, mentalist, he's the full package. Would it be to far to say he's been the best keeper of the league? Tyrone have shipped alot of goals but to be fair that's the defences fault and not Morgans.

Pity to see McNamee have a poor day yesterday. He's had a great league, hopefully he just needs a rest to get himself back to speed. Joey was good yesterday I thought, comfortable when played out the pitch and showed a bit of pace.

I think Coney took his chances last year and had a great league campaign.  Ronan O'Neill has only played a few games for Tyrone and has scored a decent return, McCurry has also returned a decent few scores in the games he has played.  Surprised Lafferty, Gallagher or McBride haven't got more game time. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LeoMc

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 15, 2013, 11:04:54 PM
Was personally glad to see the changes in defence last week. Also think Harte made a good call at bringing Cassidy on yesterday. Would be very hard to guess his starting team for the championship. Given he's done that while winning games might not be a bad thing at all.

I wonder is that deliberate?
At the beginning of the year conventional wisdom had it that the Donegal team was near enough set in stone for Ballybofey while Mickey had the league to rebuild a team. Instead he has rebuilt a panel. We are now 1 game away from Ballybofey and Mickey knows the Donegal team / formation while Jimmy would not be able to pick the Tyrone team or formation.
Meantime Mickey has 27-28 players who believe they could be starting knocking 7 bells out of each other to get those 15 jerseys.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: trileacman on April 16, 2013, 12:10:06 AM

I don't mean to be harsh but McCurry, Ronan and Coney have had more than enough chances and either by injury or performance they have not taken them. McAliskey has shown a hell of alot more than any of them in the league campaign and we need to stop equating the four of them as regards the position. Come Ballybofey it should be McAliskey who gets the start. Far to much emphasis on here all the time about minor performances, drives me mad.

I would agree that McAliskey is in pole position for a starting place but I don't think you equate being injured with having "more than enough chances"! The only time that Kyle Coney got a regular run of games in the Tyrone senior team (last season) he was the top scorer. If he can get fit then he deserves another pile of games to see if he can kick on. McCurry is on his first full season on the panel and is a work in progress. He didn't get that much football in the league. Similarly O'Neill is very early in his development. All of these lads will need a lot more football before anybody can say that they have had more than enough chances. We need as many of them as possible to nail down a place for the next few years.

TY14ED

Quote from: Orior on April 16, 2013, 08:34:45 AM
Tyrone is a horrible dirty team, and one incident exemplifies this.

Tyrone were awarded a free and the Kildare defender retreated to borderline distance. Then a Tyrone player wades in and pushes the Kildare defender away (taking the law into his own hands). The ref should have thrown the ball up.

#dortyhoors

Probably shouldn't bite to this nonsense but anyway..

Not sure who it was in the instance you refer to, but John Doyle done this for a few Tyrone frees. He holds his run very late to come in & stand in front of the kicker. A complete distraction tactic & I would question if he was the requisite distance. Ref should have been disciplining Kildare players in these instances. Personally I think a good dunder to put him on his hole was required.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: TY14ED on April 16, 2013, 08:17:57 PM

Tyrone were awarded a free and the Kildare defender retreated to borderline distance. Then a Tyrone player wades in and pushes the Kildare defender away (taking the law into his own hands). The ref should have thrown the ball up.

#dortyhoors

Not sure who it was in the instance you refer to, but John Doyle done this for a few Tyrone frees. He holds his run very late to come in & stand in front of the kicker. A complete distraction tactic & I would question if he was the requisite distance. Ref should have been disciplining Kildare players in these instances. Personally I think a good dunder to put him on his hole was required.

Doyle had a water bottle thrown in his general direction when he was stepping up to a free in the first half. I'm not condoning his own actions and it is a trick I've seen him use before but all teams are at this crap now. This year I saw a defender standing on the line shaking the goalposts in an attempt to distract a free taker. It's silly carry on.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 16, 2013, 08:34:22 PM
Quote from: TY14ED on April 16, 2013, 08:17:57 PM

#dortyhoors

Doyle had a water bottle thrown in his general direction when he was stepping up to a free in the first half. I'm not condoning his own actions and it is a trick I've seen him use before but all teams are at this crap now. This year I saw a defender standing on the line shaking the goalposts in an attempt to distract a free taker. It's silly carry on.
[/b]

and Kieran Mc Keever who wasn't even playing and done far less got a month for his troubles.