AI U21 Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, April 06, 2013, 08:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Did you get to score with any of them?

Dinny Breen

With no Cork Football members might as well invite the Cavan boys in here, first person to mention Seanie Johnson gets shot...

Good to see the GAA in touch with the common person with these prices...

Admission prices have been announced for Saturday's All Ireland U21 Football Championship semi finals double header in Tullamore.
Adults - €25 for the stand, €15 for the terrace
Students/oaps - €20 for the stand, €10 for the terrace
U16s - free.
#newbridgeornowhere

Itchy

Who will seanie be cheering for.

rodney trotter

Double header bill them prices are decent enough.. suppose its enough anyways. paying over 25/20 for the stand would be over the top

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 16, 2013, 02:12:01 PM
Double header bill them prices are decent enough.. suppose its enough anyways. paying over 25/20 for the stand would be over the top

Its good value for two games.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on April 16, 2013, 02:13:25 PM

It is.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 16, 2013, 02:17:45 PM

It is.

In my opinion the majority are going to watch one game, it's simply exploitation. I paid a €10 in to the Leinster Final for a seat, now for the next game for the same privilege I have to pay €25.

If it was a stand-alone fixture I think €15 would be a fair price yet now I have to pay an extra €10 just because of an additional game is been played. To me that is bollix and I am sick of paying extra money just because it's a double header.

By all means double up and give us 'value add' but stop charging us more for it.

#newbridgeornowhere

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 16, 2013, 02:32:38 PM

It is.

In my opinion the majority are going to watch one game, it's simply exploitation. I paid a €10 in to the Leinster Final for a seat, now for the next game for the same privilege I have to pay €25.

If it was a stand-alone fixture I think €15 would be a fair price yet now I have to pay an extra €10 just because of an additional game is been played. To me that is bollix and I am sick of paying extra money just because it's a double header.

By all means double up and give us 'value add' but stop charging us more for it.

Yeah that's true, but I suppose if Kildare were to beat Galway in the first game, the Kildare fans would be interested in looking at the second game. Couldn't see many from Galway being interested though.

Same thing happened this year for the Raiway Cup final, the All Ireland Junior Final was on before then and they all left straight after that game. I think there was 200 for the Railway Cup overall in a stadium which holds 82,000.

Dinny Breen

Kildare brought close to 6K fans to Portlaoise for the Leinster Final, with these prices and the games been televised I expect no more than half that to travel. I don't think that's fair on the team.

Is it really fair that the GAA expect Kildare supporters to travel to Croke on the Sunday pay €20 admission and then travel the following Saturday and pay another €15-€25 plus all the associated costs with traveling to 2 games.  You certainly wouldn't have much change out of €100 and that's one person.
#newbridgeornowhere

tommysmith

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 16, 2013, 03:08:19 PM

Is it really fair that the GAA expect Kildare supporters to travel to Croke on the Sunday pay €20 admission and then travel the following Saturday and pay another €15-€25 plus all the associated costs with traveling to 2 games.  You certainly wouldn't have much change out of €100 and that's one person.

Would you prefer to have not made the league semi finals and all-ireland U-21 semi finals ?

A team making progress is going to cost supporters more but it's a good complaint to have.

lynchbhoy

It is.

i'd agree.
the prices arejust stupid and bordering on exploitation alright.

its an u21 final and while we dont want to lose money for base costs of using a stadium on a match day, charging 20-25 quid is too much.
10-15 is plenty.
a lot of people will not go because of this.
Especially neutrals.
yes -its great your team gets that far, but fecks sake with half the country on the breadline...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tommysmith on April 16, 2013, 03:25:18 PM

Would you prefer to have not made the league semi finals and all-ireland U-21 semi finals ?

A team making progress is going to cost supporters more but it's a good complaint to have.

The u21 competition should be an opportunity to promote the game and that should be reflected in the prices, there is no incentive to the casual fan and for the loyal fan there is no loyalty reward.

It makes absolutely no sense that it's dearer to attend an under-age semi-final that it was to attend the semi-final of a senior competition. Not to mention O'Connor Park, fine stadium but is certainly no Croke Park.

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2013, 03:34:04 PM

It is.

i'd agree.

its an u21 final and while we dont want to lose money for base costs of using a stadium on a match day, charging 20-25 quid is too much.
10-15 is plenty.
Especially neutrals.
yes -its great your team gets that far, but fecks sake with half the country on the breadline...

By having a double header, they've reduced their base costs already. It's simply maximizing revenue, simple greed.
#newbridgeornowhere

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 16, 2013, 03:38:20 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on April 16, 2013, 03:25:18 PM

The u21 competition should be an opportunity to promote the game and that should be reflected in the prices, there is no incentive to the casual fan and for the loyal fan there is no loyalty reward.

It makes absolutely no sense that it's dearer to attend an under-age semi-final that it was to attend the semi-final of a senior competition. Not to mention O'Connor Park, fine stadium but is certainly no Croke Park.

I this is the first year in a good while that the u21 Semi are being held as a Double header. Cavan played Wexford in 2011, 3 days after the Ulster final, in Parnell Park. Galway played Cork the same day in Thurles I think. We played Ros last year in Longford, and Dublin played Cork in Tullamore that same day.

I agree it shouldn't be dearer for under age than senior competitionS, Real make it up as they go along stuff

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 16, 2013, 03:41:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2013, 03:34:04 PM

It is.

i'd agree.

10-15 is plenty.
Especially neutrals.

By having a double header, they've reduced their base costs already. It's simply maximizing revenue, simple greed.
thats what I mean, there is only one venue and therefore only one set of costs.
greed yes. stupidity, absolutely.