Tyrone v Kildare Part II - The Revenge Div 2 NFL Final Sunday 29th April 2012

Started by Fuzzman, April 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I suppose a lot of people would have predicted this fixture at the start of the year and by all accounts Galway threw it away in the dying minutes.

Tyrone have made it 12 out of 12 wins in 2012 and will 13 be unlucky?
Will Geezer finally get a win over Mickey Harte or will it be the same story for the Red hands against the Lily Whites?

I must say I'm looking forward to it. I wonder who will be in the other game, the Div 1 final?

Dinny Breen

The Kildare lads are off to Portugal on the beer the week before this, it will only be a blow-out for them, Tyrone to win handy enough.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

StGallsGAA

I predict that following a decade of harte-break geezer will finally overcome his nemisis.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 08, 2012, 09:28:17 PM
The Kildare lads are off to Portugal on the beer the week before this, it will only be a blow-out for them, Tyrone to win handy enough.

Go way outta that..........................not a drop of the poison will touch their lips, geezer has them brain washed in the right way  ;)

Make sure ye have the sunblock, few lads off that panel of yours need lashings of it across the oul scalp, and tell johnny doyle not to be crying if someone knocks over his sand castle  ;)

Fuzzman

In my (drunken) eyes Kildare outplayed for the large part of the 1st league game and looked the better team. Now obviously both teams are a lot fitter and further on with their progress for the year so it will be interesting to see.

It's the only game I've saw off Tyrone this year but I was pleased to read in the Monaghan game that they were able to beat the Monaghan sweeper tactics. That was my major concern last year v the Dubs that we went man to man and paid for it.

seafoid

ballymac

Will RTE/TnaG show Tyrone actually playing. Now I know we are 'only' a division 2 team not worthy of much air time but us poor wee Tyrone supporters could feel victimised when Meath and Louth Meath and Derry ( I think) and to a lesser extent Kildare v Galway were shown ahead of Tyrone. And this is only highlights on the League Show.

Someone will correct me, I am not sure whether Setanta Sports hadany Tyrone games on their schedule as I don't subscribe to them.  Would it have been too much for Tyrone to have got a minute or two of air time or is this a north/south thing. Was it the thought of diving, handbags or puke football that put 'the powers that be' off showing Tyrone.

Anyhow Tyrone have continued to improve and learn from last year, its just a pity that they have not had sterner tests, although they can only play what is in front of them. The second Sunday in June will be a proper test and I look forward to it.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fuzzman

We were on for the first NFL game on Sebanta v Kildare and again against WestMeade
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/01/25/Setanta-launch-GAA-coverage/gnid-127725/

Sure after the debacles the last few years about using video evidence from matches to punish those teams that are on TV more, I for one am happy to take a back seat. Not like me for sure

Armagh will happy retire now for a few months out of the limelight in the long grass with their orange camoflage.

sheamy

Quote from: ballymac on April 10, 2012, 02:22:52 PM
Someone will correct me, I am not sure whether Setanta Sports hadany Tyrone games on their schedule as I don't subscribe to them. 

Setanta showed three live division 2 games and Tyrone featured in two of them...put the chip down now lad  :)

Redhand Santa

Will RTE/TnaG show Tyrone actually playing. Now I know we are 'only' a division 2 team not worthy of much air time but us poor wee Tyrone supporters could feel victimised when Meath and Louth Meath and Derry ( I think) and to a lesser extent Kildare v Galway were shown ahead of Tyrone. And this is only highlights on the League Show.

Someone will correct me, I am not sure whether Setanta Sports hadany Tyrone games on their schedule as I don't subscribe to them.  Would it have been too much for Tyrone to have got a minute or two of air time or is this a north/south thing. Was it the thought of diving, handbags or puke football that put 'the powers that be' off showing Tyrone.

Anyhow Tyrone have continued to improve and learn from last year, its just a pity that they have not had sterner tests, although they can only play what is in front of them. The second Sunday in June will be a proper test and I look forward to it.

Unless your out of the country you could maybe try going to a game?

LeoMc

Quote from: sheamy on April 10, 2012, 04:03:46 PM
Someone will correct me, I am not sure whether Setanta Sports hadany Tyrone games on their schedule as I don't subscribe to them. 

Setanta showed three live division 2 games and Tyrone featured in two of them...put the chip down now lad  :)
A good return from 8 rounds of matches, plenty of teams got less air time.

ballymac

I was talking about RTE/TnaG not showing  Tyrone. Setanta are trying their best to sell their product and showed Tyrone who were worth watching and would in hteir opinion attract a viewing audience, why did Rte/tnag not?

I have been to all the games that I could make. And if I put the chip down if would leave me unbalanced as I have one on the other shoulder  :P