Tyrone v Louth

Started by bustsummoves, February 29, 2012, 09:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

shezam

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 02, 2012, 11:42:23 AM
What games are on TG4?

Ye lazyy ....

GAA Beo14:00Live coverage of Down v Kerry from Newry and deferred coverage of Donegal v Cork from Ballybofey in the 3rd round of the Allianz Football League. Presented by Micheal Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers.

Fuzzman

http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/gaa-beo/live-matches.html

Saturday, 03.03

LIVE

Fitzgibbon Cup Final

Limerick IT/Cork IT v UCC/UL
Páirc Mhic Gearailt, UCC - 15:00

Extra-time if required.

Presenter: Micheál Ó Domhnaill
Commentary: MacDara Mac Donnacha
Analysis: Pat Fleury & Liam Rushe

On Air @ 14:45

Sunday, 04.03

LIVE

Allianz Football League, Division 1, Round 3

Down -vs- Kerry
Páirc Esler, Newry - 14:30

Presenter: Micheál Ó Domhnaill
Commentary: Brian Tyers
Analysis: Conall Ó Máirtín & Jarlath Burns

DEFERRED

Allianz Football League, Division 1, Round 3

Donegal -vs- Cork
Páirc Mhic Cumhaill, Ballybofey

Commentary: Marcus Ó Buachalla
Analysis: Seán Seosamh Mac Íomhair

On Air @ 14:45

God14

Delighted Kyle Coney has got an opportunity. He has the natural talent to be one of the best forwards in the country - he just has to harness it... that ability in that split second to know wether to shoot or go for the killer pass OR when to hold possession and play it simple. He has everything else in his locker. Last time I saw him play was in Omagh in last years Championship 1/4 Final, Vs Dromore. He put in a real tour de force that night. Power, Pace, Direct, Accurate, - unplayable.

Suprised Paddy McNiece got the nod ahead of Lafferty, Ronan O'Neill, & Peter Hughes. He has never impressed me at all McNiece any time i've seen him play. He must have shown something to Mickey in training. Hopefully I am posting on Sunday evening that he had a good game & becomes another viable option for the summer.

Hopefully we can make it 8 outta 8 on Sunday.

give her dixie

Hey folks, anyone got directions for the venue tomorrow?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

omagh_gael

Head down the road to dublin, on the motorway take the monasterboice turn off, think this is the second turn off after the derry/ardee exit. follow the old dublin road into drogheda and the ground is on your right.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 04, 2012, 12:32:08 AM
Head down the road to dublin, on the motorway take the monasterboice turn off, think this is the second turn off after the derry/ardee exit. follow the old dublin road into drogheda and the ground is on your right.

The ground is on the left as you come in to Drogheda from Monasterboice.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

give her dixie

Thanks folks, should be handy enough to reach it.

Looking forward to this one tomorrow,
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

tyroneman

Decent enough win in the end. Bar the first 10min Tyrone always looked in control. PH played very well again and can be forgiven the penalty given his outstanding goal.

Coney once again a curates egg. Scored 2 excellent points early on by doing the simple things then proceeded to go back to his "Hollywood" self as the game progressed, giving the ball away on numerous occasions. 

McCarron was excellent again today. Really looks to have nailed down his place.

Joe was Joe, cool as you like. Still not at 100% but a rolls royce player. Nice goal from mcCaul but wasn't great overall. The 2 corner backs had a tight time of it when Louth did attack but did ok. McCrory has a very useful turn of pace going forward and seems very at ease in there.

McKenna still looks very light and a couple of inches short. One of those he can work on....

Mugsy played well, ball stuck, did the simple things (take note Kyle) well. Mark D played well as did Penrose who got through a power of work.

McNeice was ok, just. McNabb slightly better. Clarke got his fill today and just broke even.

2 Cavs made little impact.

Tyrone seems to drop into 2nd gear after the red card. Picked it up once Louth got within 4.

Overall a good day out.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: tyroneman on March 04, 2012, 05:49:09 PM
Decent enough win in the end. Bar the first 10min Tyrone always looked in control. PH played very well again and can be forgiven the penalty given his outstanding goal.

Coney once again a curates egg. Scored 2 excellent points early on by doing the simple things then proceeded to go back to his "Hollywood" self as the game progressed, giving the ball away on numerous occasions. 

McCarron was excellent again today. Really looks to have nailed down his place.

Joe was Joe, cool as you like. Still not at 100% but a rolls royce player. Nice goal from mcCaul but wasn't great overall. The 2 corner backs had a tight time of it when Louth did attack but did ok. McCrory has a very useful turn of pace going forward and seems very at ease in there.

McKenna still looks very light and a couple of inches short. One of those he can work on....

Mugsy played well, ball stuck, did the simple things (take note Kyle) well. Mark D played well as did Penrose who got through a power of work.

McNeice was ok, just. McNabb slightly better. Clarke got his fill today and just broke even.

2 Cavs made little impact.

Tyrone seems to drop into 2nd gear after the red card. Picked it up once Louth got within 4.

Overall a good day out.

I hope that Niall McKenna and get a break through this year - not convinced that he will...how did he play today?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good enough day out for Tyrone, though the defence was worryingly porous at times.

Ridiculous sending-off for Louth (wouldn't you just know that linesman Paudie Hughes had a big hand in it!).

barelegs

Thought it was a sound performance from Tyrone today. Didn't really need to get out of second gear. There were a few mistakes that will be ironed out with more football.

The defence was a bit sloppy at times but offered plenty going forward, with the half back line combining for 2-3 (I think) between them. Cathal McCarron was outstanding at wing back. Barring any unfortunate injuries he should have that spot sown up. I thought John Devine's distribution at times put the defence under more pressure than was necessary. Clarke done well after some early trouble.

Out the field, McKenna grew into the game as it went on. Think he's a better option at wing forward for the minute. Needed the game time though. He hasn't had alot. Similarly McNeice was off the pace in the first half but showed alot more when moved into the full forward line. Grabbed a point and involved in a couple of other scores.

Mark Donnelly was excellent today, with his direct running causing Louth all sorts of problems, while Mulligan was at his unselfish best. Decent performance for March all things being considered

tyroneman

McKenna was second best most of the first half. Think he really needs to get down the gym more. The beefing up Harte has done really shows this up.

Bit better as the game wore on but at the minute wouldn't have the physical presence to trouble an a- list MF. Might be worth a run at FF.

No idea what the sending off was for. Second yellow being waved was all I saw.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on March 04, 2012, 08:12:38 PM
No idea what the sending off was for. Second yellow being waved was all I saw.

The second yellow was for a perfectly fair tackle on Joe Mc Mahon, woeful decision.

rrhf

Man of the match between Mark Donnelly, Harte and Mc Carron.  The half back line was excellent and Tyrone best line Mc Caul was very good as well.  Substitutions slowed Tyrone down a lot, but I suppose many need game time.  Mc Kenna done well, and you can be sure despite that rant above hes in the gym as much as any man, just lacking the game time that others have been afforded to bring him on...  All in all the starting 15 were very good, well done to them all, and keep the performances coming.