Cork v Dublin - NFL Div 1 final

Started by heffo, April 21, 2011, 08:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Dubs team named: Cluxton, Fitzsimons, P Brogan, McMahon, Cahill, Brennan, Nolan, Bastick, McCauley, Flynn, McMenamin, Cullen, Quinn, B Brogan, Connolly

donelli

Any word if there is free admission for season ticket holders of every county, as of previous years????

Declan

Surprisingly low key build up to this - Interesting that he gave McAuley the nod at MF and Brogan at FB - Hopefully it'll be a decent game

Canalman

Hopefully weather will hold up. Agree that build up here in Dublin is very understated. First time in 16 years we have been in a national final in Croke Park . A massively long time.

Like most here, going in  in trepidation......... hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Kerry Mike

Can't decide who to support, A win for the Jackeens would really kick off their annual hype machine early this year instead of July/August, could make a painful few months for us culchies outside the pale. A win for the Langers would be painful to watch.

Ok I've decided..............c'mon the ref !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

5 Sams

Quote from: donelli on April 21, 2011, 09:28:22 AM
Any word if there is free admission for season ticket holders of every county, as of previous years????

Is there a chance this will happen...I would be interested if anyone could let me know.

Ta
The Aristocrat Years

Hound

I thought it was already announced that all season ticket holders get in for free...

Fuzzman

Yes I think that's right. In for Free

thejuice

Should be a good game, will try to get into the pub for it. What time is throw in??

Wouldn't mind the Dubs winning it to be fair to them.

Wouldn't this be a bigger achievement than a Leinster title?

Dublin will need to make sure their backs aren't left 1 on 1 too often. They'll have learned that early leads mean nothing with this Cork team after last years semi.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

NP 76

Is it the case that season ticket holders get in for free because i have had no confirmation from croke Park . Any other year i got an e mail to confirm this . Didnt think they would let anyone in free with the Dubs in the final and should bring a big crowd of their own . If memory serves me right you could of got in to the two days games last year on the saturday and the sunday

PAULD123

Just like to add to the request for information about season ticket holders admission. If anyone knows please let me know. I've emailed Croke park but they may not respond.

Time to put our necks on the block - I'm predicting a Dublin win, anyone else want to declare their opinion?

5 Sams

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 21, 2011, 03:44:48 PM
Just like to add to the request for information about season ticket holders admission. If anyone knows please let me know. I've emailed Croke park but they may not respond.

Time to put our necks on the block - I'm predicting a Dublin win, anyone else want to declare their opinion?

This was posted on the Croke Park Facebook page....

Once you have paid for your season ticket and bring it along to the game. When you get here you need to go to gate C1 on the Cusack Side where you will get an entry ticket.
The Aristocrat Years

Fuzzman

I think the Dubs will win quite comfortably to be honest.
They've moved on a lot from last year and are much more defensively sound I think

If Connolly can help out Bernard like we know he can then I think Cork will have all sorts of problems.

Hope its a cracker day and will kick off the Dublin fans year nicely
Hard to believe its so long since they last won it
They used to win it every year back in the 80's as far as I can remember as a kid

INDIANA

Difficult to see us winning this one.

Cork are the reigning all-ireland champions. We're not even the Leinster champions.

All evidence points towards a Cork win but hopefully we'll give them a game.

ross4life

Dubs are favourites but i'd fancy Cork to turn on the style like they did in last year's league final.

What time are Aslan playing?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open