Tyrone v Monaghan - Sun 5 June - UCQF

Started by tyroneman, April 16, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on April 18, 2011, 05:31:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 18, 2011, 04:10:37 PM
No doubt the idiot who hit Joe will be full drunk roaring on his "heroes" in Clones or Croker later in the year.
Sure you should just skip the preliminary formalities and start the Ulster Final thread, 'Tyrone V certain runners up'.
Also have another parallel thread topic -  'Is this side good enough in 2011 to beat Cork, Kerry or Dublin in Croke Park'?
Hoganstand reads like it knows the outcome as well:
The Omagh St Enda's website lists his anticipated lay-off as approximately three months, which could see him miss Tyrone's entire Ulster championship campaign and possibly some of the All-Ireland series as well.

Their "entire Ulster championship" could well be over before the 6th of June!

On the incident itself though, best of luck to Joe and hope he has a speedy recovery. A terrible thing to happen.

Main Street

That's a serious bad injury for Joe.

On a separate matter of interest, who are Moortown playing next?

Club Rossa

Moortown are home to Dromore this weekend and then it's the big one the following week,away to Ardboe which should be very tasty indeed.

Main Street

I'm not so sure about tasty but we shall await the attritional news with interest.

ONeill

You would hope Joe will be back for the Ulster final. The semi against Donegal will probably come too soon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

I'm not sure we should risk him for the Ulster final, we'll need him for the Cork game in the all-Ireland semi final!
That was never a square ball!!

Hotrocks

Was talking to a lad yesterday and he was telling me Tom Freeman has the bags packed and heading for NY. I would say it will be depending on the outcome of this game. Is he even still on the Monaghan panel?

Maguire01

BennyHarp

Quote from: Hotrocks on April 18, 2011, 11:58:53 PM
Was talking to a lad yesterday and he was telling me Tom Freeman has the bags packed and heading for NY. I would say it will be depending on the outcome of this game. Is he even still on the Monaghan panel?

He is a very well planned young man - though surely having your bags packed from April 19th when you may not be flying out until June 5th is a little bit extreme? Hope he has got a good iron in NY.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

I'm not being smart assed when I ask this but when is the last time Monaghan beat Tyrone in the championship.
Was it as far back as 1988?

Mr. Nakata

With throw-in 6 weeks from Sunday coming, it really is as difficult as ever to contemplate what the starting Tyrone line-up will be. I'm pretty gutted at big Joe's horrific injury as I've really enjoyed his last few performances. He was a deffo starter probably at 12, sweeping in a similar role to last year. I would say Colm's position is now safe. Peter Harte, Tommy, Dooher and Donnelly will be competing for any available jersey in attack. Stevie O'Neill will start in my opinion. The defense could also go a number of ways, although Ricey will slot into Jordan's position if the Moy man has in fact retired. McCaul and Swift have both impressed me in the league and will have to see off the challenge from McCarron and Carlin. I'm presuming Justin if fit will be automatic selection at 3, otherwise McCarron. Again Joe done a brilliant job there in the last few games and this is obviously a great option now unavailable. I can't see red sean getting a start. Midfield looks to be a done deal, though I would prefer to see Sean Cavanagh there with Cassidy freeing up a position for another forward. Ain't gonna happen though. So if the panel remains injury free here is my initial stab...Will be interesting to see how close I am when team is announced.

Packy
Swift
Justin
McCaul
Davey
Block
Ricey
Hub
Cassidy
Colm
Brian McG
Sean
Penfold
Stevie
Mugsy

Main Street

Gaelic Life are calling it a bloodbath.
http://gaeliclife.com/2011/04/bloodbath-for-county-stars/

Bloodbath for county stars
'Tyrone boss Mickey Harte was hardest hit, with Joe McMahon's double jaw break meaning he will certainly miss the Red Hands' opener against Monaghan.'

However they didn't speculate whether he will be fit enough for the semi finals at Croke Pk in August.

The NI ambulance service are getting ready for next Sunday's round of games in Tyrone.

Fuzzman

Wait lads I think that's a hambush.
They look like Kerry or maybe Meath hambulances to me

Do you think they're will be much squad rotation this year?
It will be no harm having this lads coming back in time for late summer.

When is the 1st round of the qualifiers anyway?
If NY get through to the Connacht semi can we go there for a Sat night game?

cadhlancian

all right then lads and lassies.............who hit him then?? :o Someone on here must know who did it, and I'm a little far away to find out! "smoo" ...I know you have your ear to the ground, spill the beans please! ::)

Fuzzman

Best of friends. Is he back playing this year?