Tyrone V Kildare

Started by rrhf, March 24, 2011, 10:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Its set to be a 4 pointer with the winner having a real chance of promotion.  After several years huffing and puffing the flour bags must finally win soimething thsi year surely.  On current form the Leinster team look to have a slight edge on Tyrones weary warriors, but who would rule out the likes of the inform Sean Cavanagh, playing like a 21 year old again, and co. to wipe the smile off McGeeneys face?   

Fuzzman

Looking at the league table its a must win game for Tyrone if they've any chance of getting promoted
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/gaa_tables_footballleague.html

Kildare are home to Sligo in the last game whereas we're away to our old pals Mead.

Laois are away to Sligo and home to Donegal in their last game.
Derry are home to Mead and away to Antrim

Derry will be hoping we can beat the SillyWhites and then they've a good chance of qualifying as they beat us in the head to head should we end with the same points. However should Tyrone, Derry & Laois win all their remaining games, then Laois would go up on score difference if stay with their current +16
Is that right lads? If so then we need to win our last 2 games and hope Derry lose or draw one game. Come on Baker.
If Derry win their 2 games they'll be hoping we win our two games as well as Laois beat them on their head to head game so they need a 3 way tie for 2nd.

BennyHarp

Does it go on the head to head then if points are tied?
That was never a square ball!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 24, 2011, 03:25:01 PM

Only if 2 teams are tied.

Tyrone have this game in the bag, no point in Kildare travellling up, will probably send up big Willie and some of the Juniors.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 24, 2011, 03:30:14 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 24, 2011, 03:25:01 PM

Only if 2 teams are tied.

Tyrone have this game in the bag, no point in Kildare travellling up, will probably send up big Willie and some of the Juniors.

We've got to give the geriatric Tyronies some chance Dinny. Big Willie would have them for breakfast.

The Heff is so tough he can eat his own fist:
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mr. Nakata

Fuzzman, your analysis has depressed me greatly. I thought we had a great chance of going up. After reading that, I would say not any more.

rrhf

Myself included, its a tough very conditional ask.  Reality is regardless of anything we need Derry beat in the last 2 and thats unlikely to happen to be honest.  If you add in the fact that Kildare are desperate for promotion to show that despite all the huff and puff there is concrete evidence of improvement over the last few years, its even more unlikely.  Who can forget that the last time Kildare went to Omagh they kicked Tyrone around the field, their physiicality that night was unreal and with the right referee they'll get away with it again.         

ONeill

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 24, 2011, 05:37:12 PM
Fuzzman, your analysis has depressed me greatly. I thought we had a great chance of going up. After reading that, I would say not any more.

This is the worst day ever. Thanks, Fuzz.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Jaysus Willie would be like Gulliver in Lilliput.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: rrhf on March 24, 2011, 06:44:03 PM
Myself included, its a tough very conditional ask.  Reality is regardless of anything we need Derry beat in the last 2 and thats unlikely to happen to be honest.  If you add in the fact that Kildare are desperate for promotion to show that despite all the huff and puff there is concrete evidence of improvement over the last few years, its even more unlikely.  Who can forget that the last time Kildare went to Omagh they kicked Tyrone around the field, their physiicality that night was unreal and with the right referee they'll get away with it again.         

Willie's gonna get ya

Fuzzman

Jeepers Creepers.
I didn't think when I posted that I would be having such a negative impact on ye all.

I wasn't even sure I was right with all that analysis but as no-one has picked any holes in it as yet I presume it is accurate.

Would ye not be hopeful that Laois could beat Donegal in the last game at home? Probably NOT.
If they did how would that leave things? Like this

Donegal..10.. +19 currently 
Laois......10.. +16  currently 
Tyrone...10.. + 6  currently 
Derry.....10.. -14  currently   
Kildare....9....+11 currently

So two top score differences get promoted?

Matches left are
Donegal v Antrim, Tyrone v Kildare, Derry v Meath, Sligo v Laois
Antrim v Derry, Laois v Donegal, Kildare v Sligo, Meath v Tyrone

So basically we need Derry to drop a point or we're else we're depending on Laois to win their 2 remaining games and we get a much improved score difference.
Ah well. We might get Armagh next year too.

Donnellys Hollow

So we can assume ye'll be beating Kildare then?

Right so. Won't bother wasting a trip up to see that. Should save a few bob on petrol for the old Range Rover.

lenny

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 24, 2011, 02:52:31 PM
Looking at the league table its a must win game for Tyrone if they've any chance of getting promoted
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/gaa_tables_footballleague.html

Kildare are home to Sligo in the last game whereas we're away to our old pals Mead.

Laois are away to Sligo and home to Donegal in their last game.
Derry are home to Mead and away to Antrim

Derry will be hoping we can beat the SillyWhites and then they've a good chance of qualifying as they beat us in the head to head should we end with the same points. However should Tyrone, Derry & Laois win all their remaining games, then Laois would go up on score difference if stay with their current +16
Is that right lads? If so then we need to win our last 2 games and hope Derry lose or draw one game. Come on Baker.
If Derry win their 2 games they'll be hoping we win our two games as well as Laois beat them on their head to head game so they need a 3 way tie for 2nd.

I think Derry will be content to stay in div 2 for another season. They have introduced a lot of new players this year and another season in div 2 would do no harm.

Aaron Boone

Two teams are going to get promoted whether they like it or not.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 25, 2011, 01:53:02 PM
Jeepers Creepers...

You didn't push me into the depths of unforgiving despair FM, but DH did with his tales about big Willie da Flourbag Monster!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...