Tyrone v Monaghan - Inniskeen - Sun 7th March

Started by tyroneman, February 15, 2010, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

lawnseed

its hard to say how many supporters could fit into inniskeen holds tyrone v monaghan will be the biggest crowd puller to date i think. at a wild guess 5 or 6 thousand
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

i heard that the grattans are'nt too happy with the bucks on offer from the county board for the use of the field. it'd be a long time payin for a prunty pitch sooner they get out the better tight b's

bamboo

5,000 is the provisional number, to be confirmed on friday

Monaghan_Ultra

Quote from: lawnseed on February 24, 2010, 10:26:10 PM
i heard that the grattans are'nt too happy with the bucks on offer from the county board for the use of the field. it'd be a long time payin for a prunty pitch sooner they get out the better tight b's

I'd say there are set guidelines in relation to the rental paid for the use of club grounds in NFL games.

lawnseed

i think there are guidelines ultra. but if you've been to gratten pk its hell of a set up the money on offer so far wouldnt pay the electric bill maybe this tyrone game will get the club a few quid they like all clubs need every penny

Monaghan_Ultra

Quote from: lawnseed on February 24, 2010, 10:46:56 PM
i think there are guidelines ultra. but if you've been to gratten pk its hell of a set up the money on offer so far would pay the electric bill maybe this tyrone game will get the club a few quid they like all clubs need every penny

Yes i have been to Grattan Park on many occasions since it's development and the county team have played many games there in an obvious attempt to help the club with their fundraising efforts.  It is a bit unfair to be accusing the county board of being 'tight b's', Inniskeen Grattans will be paid at the same rate as other clubs have been for hosting NFL games.  It can not be expected that they pay different rates to different clubs.

lawnseed

maybe they're panicing? credit crunch? emigration? unemployment rising? its a pity the guidelines dont reflect the investment by a small rural community when so much money is available to pay the 'expenses' of coaches, managers etc ;) ;)

Monaghan_Ultra

Quote from: lawnseed on February 24, 2010, 11:23:30 PM
maybe they're panicing? credit crunch? emigration? unemployment rising? its a pity the guidelines dont reflect the investment by a small rural community when so much money is available to pay the 'expenses' of coaches, managers etc ;) ;)

It sounds like you would in favour of some sort of bail out  ;).  Every club would love to receive greater financial assistance from county boards etc. but the reality is that they can not set the precedant of being more favourable to certain clubs in this regard.  Inniskeen have a fantastic set up, one of the best in Ulster and the county board have scheduled a lot of challenge games and McKenna cup games there that have attracted large crowds and are now giving them their first national league game which will undoubtedly bring in a full house and result in the potential to raise additional revenue through shops, draws etc.  Clubs who embark on ambitious projects such as Inniskeen have to be able to stand on their own 2 feet, if they receive preferable treatment other clubs will be expecting similar and this is not a situation that can be sustained into the future.

donelli

Quote from: Monaghan_Ultra on February 24, 2010, 10:02:01 PM
This will be an all ticket match.

In my experience, when tickets are involved for non-finals, it will not sell out. It puts people off as a lot of people prefer to decide on the day of a game if they will attend or not.

If, as i expect, they do not sell out, there should be good information leading up to the game detailing quantity of tickets that will be available at the gate.

orangeman

Sure the cameras will be there to keep an eye on everybody anyway and sure they might even show the match on TG4 as well.

Fuzzman

What was the outcome of McMahon's appeal on his red card v Mayo?

supersarsfields

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 25, 2010, 03:29:58 PM
What was the outcome of McMahon's appeal on his red card v Mayo?

Tyrone player Joe McMahon loses Mayo red card appeal 

Jimmy White gave McMahon a straight red card in the Healy Park game
Tyrone player Joe McMahon has failed in his attempt to overturn the straight red card he received in the Allianz NFL game against Mayo.

The Tyrone player's appeal against the sending off was heard at Croke Park on Tuesday night.

Tyrone had been confident about McMahon's prospects after insisting that there was "minimal contact" between the player and Peadar Gardiner.

McMahon will now miss the NFL games against Monaghan and Cork.

Tyrone are believed to be unlikely to launch any further appeals.

The versatile McMahon was shown a straight red card in the closing moment of 70th minute of the defeat against Mayo.

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte believed that parallels could be drawn with Diarmaid Marsden's dismissal in the 2003 All-Ireland final, which was later rescinded.

However, the disciplinary committee decided otherwise so McMahon will miss Tyrone's next two NFL games.

Martin Penrose, Conor Gormley and Justin McMahon will be available for the Iniskeen game after being suspended for the Mayo clash.

Sean Cavanagh (ankle) and Brian Dooher (groin) could also be in contention for a place on the bench in the 7 March game.

However, Stephen O'Neill (broken elbow) and Philip Jordan (hip surgery) will remain unavailable for the Monaghan match because of injury.