Tyrone v Mayo - Healy park, valentines day

Started by tyroneman, February 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Many of the mayo lads heading to this?
Looking forward to it but expect a home win but would be happy with another good performance
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rrhf

I fully expect a Tyrone backlash, and I have a feeling Harte may not change the team much outside a woefully inept half forward line last week.  I disagree with a number of the comments on about the Derry game - I felt Tyrone half forward line were all over the place and lacking position and structure, I believe the f/f line were marked very well but I also believed they competed with little support from their outside line.   I expect a few of the younger lions will start with some faces having played against each other at minor level just a couple of years back. I thought Cassidy had a right oul game last week and i felt our full back line inc Conor G tried their damnest under the most severest of prerssure.  The h/fmiddle and h/b area need lots of work with Sean O neills continued absence actually costing Tyrone games these days including last years aisf.  I dont think Tyrone overall can hope for much more than a quarter or semi place this year.  They need to keep their heads down, work at it and stay out of the press - It could have  cost Penrose dearly on Saturday night.       

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 09, 2010, 11:50:12 PM
Many of the mayo lads heading to this?
Looking forward to it but expect a home win but would be happy with another good performance

Ya heading up, I will go with a close one in the Healy Park, Mayo by 2 points.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rosnarun

nice try lads, but its a little forced.
a bit like des cahill asking a guest will do you think Ricey should get the new RESPECT award this year
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 10, 2010, 10:40:59 PM
All quiet on this thread...

Ok lets lift it up a notch...you're all a bunch of Mayo knackers and we're going kick f**k out of you on Sunday :D

ONeill

It'll be interesting to see if Cavanagh gets another chance to impress. Will McCullagh be available?

You'd imagine McGinley, Hub and Brian McGuigan will be sharper after last week's run out.

Tyrone would need some improvement on that second half or we'll be staring at scraping 3 wins out of the last 5, with Cork, Kerry and the Dubs still to play. Not beyond the realms of possibility that Tyrone and Kerry could be on zero points next Sunday night. That'd be some shoot out down there.

But enough of that defeatist talk.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longrunsthefox

I don't get the feeling people in Tyrone are too bothered about Saturday night's defeat or the league. Maybe we have been spoilt but anyone I chat to is just talking about what players will make the championship team. This is like glorified challenge games. Last year in the Kerry-Derry final the players were messing about at the finish. 

macdanger2

Big game for some of the Mayo lads who are looking to win a championship spot - particularly O'Se, McLoughlin, Ronaldo & Varley plus any other new starters.

Will be very interesting to see how the backs get on in particular.

Hard to see us bringing home the points from Omagh.....

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 10, 2010, 11:14:56 PM
I don't get the feeling people in Tyrone are too bothered about Saturday night's defeat or the league. Maybe we have been spoilt but anyone I chat to is just talking about what players will make the championship team. This is like glorified challenge games. Last year in the Kerry-Derry final the players were messing about at the finish.

This is it Foxy. Challenge games is all they are. The first week or two are grand because of the novelty of having football back but you couldn't name the past five winners of the League. Nobody cares.

Still. Hope to go to Healy Park myself. Great place to visit, if you don't mind me saying. It'd be interesting to see how Mayo build on that performance against Galway against the sterner test that must be inevitable against Tyrone.

rosnarun

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 10, 2010, 10:56:16 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 10, 2010, 10:40:59 PM
All quiet on this thread...

Ok lets lift it up a notch...you're all a bunch of Mayo knackers and we're going kick f**k out of you on Sunday :D

lets keep it about the match
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Barney

I can understand why Tyrone or Kerry might not be too motivated by the league.

There is little silverware in other counties and there are only two national titles up for grabs. It would be nice to win.

Why is it in modern sport that so many competitions have been diluted - provincial championships; league; railway cup even the All Ireland club championships don't have the same prestiege they had for a few years.

Zapatista

Quote from: Barney on February 11, 2010, 08:07:10 AM
I can understand why Tyrone or Kerry might not be too motivated by the league.

There is little silverware in other counties and there are only two national titles up for grabs. It would be nice to win.

Why is it in modern sport that so many competitions have been diluted - provincial championships; league; railway cup even the All Ireland club championships don't have the same prestiege they had for a few years.

I suppose there is a hightened sense of competition between counties. It's much easier (and often better craic) to be discussing Tyrone V Kerry thanit is to discuss clubs or provinces.

Farrandeelin

Don't worry Barney, when Knockmore win the Mayo championship. The All-Ireland club championship will be of the utmost importance again!! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.