Tyrone v Mayo - Healy park, valentines day

Started by tyroneman, February 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 02:59:12 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 15, 2010, 12:41:34 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on February 15, 2010, 11:29:41 AM
Tyrone won a free going into injury time about 50 yards out and a point down.  The Mayo boys gave a few shoulders and the Tyrone ones reacted, a melly lasted about a minute.  Net result was McMahon unlucky to get sent off but the ball was then hopped and the match over, job done.  If Tyrone had tried to take a quick free and the if Mayo where obstructing then the ref would have had no option but to moved the ball forward and the match would have ended in a draw.  Fairly naive of Tyrone to get sucked into a scrap with time up.

actually one of the more pleasing things about the win, too long we've been a soft touch and not got stuck in and upset teams. We did it yesterday, Howley went down for 2 minutes with an ankle 'injury', the ref called for 2 extra minutes. We fouled well out the field and basically out Tyroned Tyrone in the last 5 minutes.

Any time a team beats Tyrone they say they 'out-Tyroned' them - same with Cork in semi last year. I suppose it is a compliment... can Mayo be 'out-Mayoed?'   I think Cork, mayoed themselves in last year's All Ireland final  ;)

Thats below the belt Fox, no need

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mannix

kerry were tyroned a few times by non tyrone teams, meath were the last one to tyrone them prior t0 tyrone tyroning them but maybe we should be saying they were meathed or is that politically incorrect since meath are not a big power anymore. Mayo were kerried by meath last summer and in truth they were tyroned in the way that meath can tyrone you,
please stop me if you need clarification,
now on to being dublined, to be dubli-----

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mannix on February 15, 2010, 04:46:04 PM
kerry were tyroned a few times by non tyrone teams, meath were the last one to tyrone them prior t0 tyrone tyroning them but maybe we should be saying they were meathed or is that politically incorrect since meath are not a big power anymore. Mayo were kerried by meath last summer and in truth they were tyroned in the way that meath can tyrone you,
please stop me if you need clarification,
now on to being dublined, to be dubli-----

Allianz National Football League Division 1 Team P W D L   F      A    +/-     Pts
1 Dublin                                                            2 2 0 0 2-23 1-17    9       4
2 Mayo                                                             2 2 0 0 3-26 2-21     8      4
3 Cork                                                              2 2 0 0 4-25 3-24     4      4
4 Galway                                                           2 1 0 1 2-30 3-28    -1      2
5 Derry                                                             2 1 0 1 1-25 2-23    -1      2
6 Kerry                                                             2 0 0 2 1-22 2-24    -5      0
7 Monaghan                                                      2 0 0 2 4-26 4-33    -7      0
8 Tyrone                                                          2 0 0 2 2-23 2-30    -7      0

You could say Tyrone have been Rossied recently  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

stew

Ah the dubs are great fellas in the league altogether, thank feck they shite themselves at the business end of the championship every year.

I like Tyrones position although I doubt they willl be too bothered by it and I am sure in three games  time they will be mid table.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mackers

Quote from: Zapatista on February 15, 2010, 03:56:52 PM
Quote from: mackers on February 15, 2010, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 15, 2010, 02:43:11 PM
Quote from: mackers on February 15, 2010, 02:24:22 PM
Carbon copy of the incident in the 03 final, player 1 runs twenty yards to confront player 2, player 2 puts his hands up to protect himself, player 1 goes down like he's shot..........wonder did Jerome take a photograph of the contact??

Listen to yourself would ye.
??? ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss50NzZ8ypc&feature=PlayList&p=E15986140B92307C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=69
??? ??? ??? ???
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

diehard

Good to see Mayo win a tight game but I wouldnt get too excited. Tyrone were missing some really top class players.
I would have liked to see Kavanagh, Stephen O Neill and Mulligan on the field.....then we would really know how good our backs are. 
Aidan O Sea needs good management right now. He seems preoccupied with getting on the scoreboard himself which is possibly understandable for a young fella. 
He needs to give the ball to players in better positions even if it means going a game or two without featuring on the scoreboard.  His time will come if he has the patience and discipline.  If  not he could disappear which would be a shame as he has a lot to offer.

rosnarun

Quote from: ross4life on February 15, 2010, 04:28:23 PM
alot talk in Roscommon about only Donal shine Scoring for us but looking at Mayo Mark Ronaldson is main Scorer by a distance for Mayo wats the story with the blonde one does he not turn up for league games?

& is O' Shea a wee bit overhyped? at best he only get's one score a game

oh just you wait . Aiden Ose will be a major star once he settles . As will coney neither did he have a major part in yesterdats game.
their day will come
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ross4life

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2010, 10:08:30 PM
alot talk in Roscommon about only Donal shine Scoring for us but looking at Mayo Mark Ronaldson is main Scorer by a distance for Mayo wats the story with the blonde one does he not turn up for league games?

oh just you wait . Aiden Ose will be a major star once he settles . As will coney neither did he have a major part in yesterdats game.
their day will come

what age is O Shea? to me he has the looks for a good midfielder than a Forward time will tell
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on February 15, 2010, 10:24:37 PM

their day will come

what age is O Shea? to me he has the looks for a good midfielder than a Forward time will tell

He doesn't seem to have the engine to play at midfield. He was on the Under-21's that got defeated by Down in 2009, he played that game at mid-field and was cleaned out of it.

western exile

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2010, 10:28:40 PM

their day will come

He doesn't seem to have the engine to play at midfield. He was on the Under-21's that got defeated by Down in 2009, he played that game at mid-field and was cleaned out of it.

In fairness, it was not all his fault.  His partner that day was Tom Parsons! And you would not say that he does not have the engine for midfield  :-\

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: western exile on February 16, 2010, 07:38:13 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2010, 10:28:40 PM

their day will come

In fairness, it was not all his fault.  His partner that day was Tom Parsons! And you would not say that he does not have the engine for midfield  :-\

Personally I think his best position would be somewhere between the Full & Half-forward position, would give him the space to turn.