Tyrone v Mayo - Healy park, valentines day

Started by tyroneman, February 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 12:19:02 PM
Could be a a tricky one with Mickey and the Sean Cavanagh recent history...

Its official LRTF is actually a 16 year old boy desperately trying to post as many posts as possible to boost his low self confidence!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Final Whistle on February 08, 2010, 04:11:58 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 12:19:02 PM
Could be a a tricky one with Mickey and the Sean Cavanagh recent history...

Its official LRTF is actually a 16 year old boy desperately trying to post as many posts as possible to boost his low self confidence!

Jees! that rattled your cage... me thinks you do protest too much. I wonder why that has touched  raw nerve.   
Very inapropriate photo you also posted on another thread on the subject of Colm Cavanagh. is there something you want to tell us?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on February 08, 2010, 12:31:48 PM
QuoteLooking forward to this game, Mayo looked very strong at the weekend with a number of strong performances. A liked the look of your number 7, was he Mc Loughlin? A good worker and appears to have a sweet right foot, sliced over a few beauties of the outside of the boot! By any chance was he on your minor team from 08? He doesnt look young enough but from memory you's had a half back who had a similar shooting stye and scored a couple of very simillar points in the replay against ourselves?

From a tyrone point of view we'd need to lift our performance by 50%, appeared lethargic at times against derry and if a similar performance occurs on sunday we'll be in for a trimming! I wonder will Mickey start with a similar team? Can't see any wholesale changes but i'd say C Cavanaghs place has to be under threat.

No, that was Shane Nally (was also the captain). You're right about the points he scored though, got a few beauties. He's actually in the senior squad as well, so you might get a chance to see him again  :)
McLoughlin is a top player, very comfortable on the ball, and could play in the forwards as easily as the defence.

He is a Knockmore man afterall. :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 08, 2010, 08:00:26 PM

He is a Knockmore man afterall. :P
YEAH BUT MOST OF THE BLOODLINE TRACES BACK TO KEENAGH SO WELL LAY A CLAIM TO HIM(WHILE HES PLAYING WELL)

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Chimley

That half back from 08 was Shane Nally. He was the captain of the team that year.

tyssam5

Quote from: Barney on February 08, 2010, 10:02:07 AM
Yeah Omagh is definitely my favourite away venue.

Always get a great welcome from the Tyrone crowd (as I think you do in general in the north).

Early league form is funny. One week you can be great, the next terrible. Mayo need to keep up the level of the first half performance yesterday to get something out of this one. Tyrone will be hungry to get the Derry game out of their system.

On the comments about Tyrone and the league - I reckon when you have 3 All Ireland medals in your pocket it is hard to get yourself motivated on soft boggy pitches.

That might be true but there are plenty of lads in the panel at the minute who are not guaranteed being in the championship panel never mind being a championship starter, so they should be playing like their lives depended on it! Some posters have been saying maybe Mickey or team in general not taking the league as seriously as say 5 years ago, but there should be a lot of players in there with a lot to prove. We were promised after the defeat to Cork that Harte would be trying out a lot of new talent, they are getting their chance and need to take it, what better way than by trying to win a league?

tyroneman

Key question for me is what is MH going to do with big Sean when he returns? Would love to see a Forward line of Mugsy - Sean - SON. If Coney, Harte or Mulgrew are seen as the next natural CHF then they need game time there (you would question how Mulgrew would get the job when he can't even get the CHF job for Cookstown - and there's a thought, how would Barry Mulligan fare in the current county team? Loads of minor and u21 potential never fulfilled).

Agree that defence needs sorted. Justy and Joe, Block, red Sean + 2 places up for grabs is how I would see it. 

Another 3 questions:
1. Why did red Sean not start v Derry?
2. Will Mick Murphy get any more game time this year?
3. Is there anyone capable of challenging Ricey for his spot?

Foreverhopeful

can someone fill me in on the S O'Neills in the tyrone panel. I know about stephen but i think there is two others?

tyronefan

Sean (red) O Neill  Dromore   generally plays on the half back line
Shaun (snowy) O Neill Dromore  plays on the fulll forward line but I think he is not on the panel this year

achtungantrim

mayo looked very good against galway at the weekend. i think they'll be a good tip to reach the all ireland semi-finals this year and could be a dark horse for the league. it would be great to see mayo win an all-ireland, they haven't had the mental toughness on the big day, and outside of the ulster teams, i would support them against anyone.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: achtungantrim on February 09, 2010, 03:19:08 PM
mayo looked very good against galway at the weekend. i think they'll be a good tip to reach the all ireland semi-finals this year and could be a dark horse for the league. it would be great to see mayo win an all-ireland, they haven't had the mental toughness on the big day, and outside of the ulster teams, i would support them against anyone.

Thanks achtung, but I don't know if we are good enough to win an AI yet.

To upset your theory about Mayo being very good, I think it was Galway being very bad that made us look good. Hope I'm wrong and Mayo can get another win on Sunday? Will there be much love in the air on Valentine's day I wonder? With all them hot Tyrone women. :P

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rosnarun on February 09, 2010, 10:08:48 PM
how long is this love in going to last?

Until a questionable decision with the new rules change the game in one teams favour and hell will break out.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rosnarun on February 09, 2010, 10:08:48 PM
how long is this love in going to last?

f**k it, I hope we give the dirty hoors an unmerciful hiding. There. I've nailed my colours firmly to the green and red mast. I hate Mickey Harte.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.