Tyrone v Mayo - Healy park, valentines day

Started by tyroneman, February 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Think we can forget about the league already as I don't see us beating either Cork or Kerry. I'd honestly be worried we could go down this year. Mayo is a must win already and heaven knows they are our biggest bogey team. Lot more effort, concentration and teamwork required than last night.

Would let Coney stay the distance in the league and perhaps start mccullogh if fit. Colm Cav will never make a county player and is exceptionally lucky to have the medals he has.

In 2-3 years we should have a solid team but transition is upon us.

Anyone else think Harney, the ranch keeper, would be a better option than Curren?  Was exceptional as a minor. 

Zapatista

Edit. Deferred on TG4

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Looking forward to this game, always great hospitality from the Tyrone/Healy Park crowd.

Hopefully we will have Trevor back.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

randomtask

harney isnt great mickey o neill (clonoe) is better than them both

sam03/05

I am sick of watching Trone in the National League. Same old crap every year. Mickey Harte clearly dosnt take it serious. The performance last night was the worst I have ever seen from a tyrone team. Not looking good and I think we will get relegated this year having avoided it by skin of our teeth the last few years

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sam03/05 on February 07, 2010, 07:06:47 PM
I am sick of watching Trone in the National League. Same old crap every year. Mickey Harte clearly dosnt take it serious. The performance last night was the worst I have ever seen from a tyrone team. Not looking good and I think we will get relegated this year having avoided it by skin of our teeth the last few years

:D :D :D Very funny. I now know why Kerry are so afraid of ye, cute-hoorism at it's best.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: sam03/05 on February 07, 2010, 07:06:47 PM

In some ways I kind of agree with that. Back at the start of the decade used to really enjoy the league when we took it seriously. This last few years there have been to many matches were the team don't look that interested. Harte always went on about winning every game and respecting the jersey but definately doesnt appear that worried about the league especially when you consider his subs last night. £13 is dear enough when your going to a game that the team/management aren't overly concerned if they win. Definately think the gaa season should be restructured. Currently 90-95% of county games in the year mean very liittle which is crazy.I'd taking a boring league any day though if we could win another All Ireland!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2010, 05:46:02 PM
Looking forward to this game, always great hospitality from the Tyrone/Healy Park crowd.

Trevor won't be back next week. Sure he got a straight red. On the hospitality... I remember Tyrone's first game after Cormac McAnallen died was in Mayo. The welcome we got was fantastic and there were banners all along the route welcoming the Tyrone team and supporters. Was very moving considering the circumstances as well.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 07, 2010, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2010, 05:46:02 PM

Trevor won't be back next week. Sure he got a straight red. On the hospitality... I remember Tyrone's first game after Cormac McAnallen died was in Mayo. The welcome we got was fantastic and there were banners all along the route welcoming the Tyrone team and supporters. Was very moving considering the circumstances as well.

I wasn't at that game but I was in Healy Park the next time the teams met and I will never forget the way that Tyrone fans returned the compliment. It was Gaelic games at their very best. I hadn't a clue about parking facilities and when I got near the ground I was stuck in a line of traffic and thought I'd be there for a long time. Ten or more Tyrone fans came to the rescue.
They picked out a spot for me to park and then pushed the cars at each side of this space forward enough to manufacture room for me to get in. The going was still tight, as we'd say in Mayo, but I was signalled to drive in and then they lifted the rear of my car into position.
It happened so fast that I was taken completely unawares and before I knew it, I was standing on the footpath being hugged by a few wee Tyrone lassies. Not a bad way to start any game!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Barney

Yeah Omagh is definitely my favourite away venue.

Always get a great welcome from the Tyrone crowd (as I think you do in general in the north).

Early league form is funny. One week you can be great, the next terrible. Mayo need to keep up the level of the first half performance yesterday to get something out of this one. Tyrone will be hungry to get the Derry game out of their system.

On the comments about Tyrone and the league - I reckon when you have 3 All Ireland medals in your pocket it is hard to get yourself motivated on soft boggy pitches.

Club Rossa

If you were to look at both teams performances over the weekend it would be hard to see anything other than a Mayo win.
Tyrone were very poor on Saturday night and i would hope that we will see a positive reaction from them.Mayo are very strong and mobile around the middle and i think we will struggle to match them there.
On another note,i wonder if John Morrison still sends the Mayo players valentines cards :D

omagh_gael

Looking forward to this game, Mayo looked very strong at the weekend with a number of strong performances. A liked the look of your number 7, was he Mc Loughlin? A good worker and appears to have a sweet right foot, sliced over a few beauties of the outside of the boot! By any chance was he on your minor team from 08? He doesnt look young enough but from memory you's had a half back who had a similar shooting stye and scored a couple of very simillar points in the replay against ourselves?

From a tyrone point of view we'd need to lift our performance by 50%, appeared lethargic at times against derry and if a similar performance occurs on sunday we'll be in for a trimming! I wonder will Mickey start with a similar team? Can't see any wholesale changes but i'd say C Cavanaghs place has to be under threat.

longrunsthefox

Could be a a tricky one with Mickey and the Sean Cavanagh recent history... 

Tubberman

QuoteLooking forward to this game, Mayo looked very strong at the weekend with a number of strong performances. A liked the look of your number 7, was he Mc Loughlin? A good worker and appears to have a sweet right foot, sliced over a few beauties of the outside of the boot! By any chance was he on your minor team from 08? He doesnt look young enough but from memory you's had a half back who had a similar shooting stye and scored a couple of very simillar points in the replay against ourselves?

From a tyrone point of view we'd need to lift our performance by 50%, appeared lethargic at times against derry and if a similar performance occurs on sunday we'll be in for a trimming! I wonder will Mickey start with a similar team? Can't see any wholesale changes but i'd say C Cavanaghs place has to be under threat.

No, that was Shane Nally (was also the captain). You're right about the points he scored though, got a few beauties. He's actually in the senior squad as well, so you might get a chance to see him again  :)
McLoughlin is a top player, very comfortable on the ball, and could play in the forwards as easily as the defence.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

omagh_gael

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 12:19:02 PM
Could be a a tricky one with Mickey and the Sean Cavanagh recent history...

Tricky as in dropping Colm or tricky in general?