Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

FFS. BR will not quit over this. That site is the Glasgow equivalent of the Sunday World.

Hectic

Yeah the press will be out to divide us as much as possible over this but Rodgers will not walk because of this. Utter BS.

The standing section is not exclusively Green Brigade.

T Fearon

You think not? I would say no football manager would want his image linked with any paramilitary group.

an léirmheastóir

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
http://glasgowgospel.org/exclusive-raging-rodgers-ready-to-walk-over-banner-embarrassment/

I told you,and will be followed by Desmond,all because of a handful of pricks who probably know little or nothing about Irish politics or history.

FFS, you've done nothing but whinge about Rodgers since he was appointed, now there's talk of him walking you should be delighted  ::)

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 01:41:46 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 23, 2017, 12:02:36 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 23, 2017, 12:23:34 AM
Time for the Green Brigade to wise to f*%k up. Their statement is basically saying we bring great support to the team and noise to the stadium and it comes at the cost of us doing what we like regardless of safety law to which the club must comply and the rules of the competitions we aspire to be in.

I am with them that the game is bent and every man has the right to his own opinion and how he expresses himself but they have to learn where and when.

They actually, in their statement, cite issues in the game yet their displays are not about these. If that is their stated grievance why not have that at the forefront of their displays?

I have a soft spot for them like a lot of Celtic supporters but they need to become more savvy.
I read their statement here. If the club does not close the dialogue then I think the issues can be kept just inside the legal barrier.
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/07/green-brigade-release-statement-response-2-game-ban/

The conundrum is
that they took the decision as a group to have the pyro display last May and  the undefeated army banner v Linfield, they say they are willing to accept full responsibility,  but have an issue with the punishment being collective, affecting all the group.

"we take this opportunity to accept full responsibility for both the pyrotechnics display to celebrate the achievements of the Lisbon Lions at the Hearts match in May and our 'Brendan's Undefeated Army' tifo during the match against Linfield on Wednesday evening."

"We do however completely oppose collective punishment and a blanket ban on all fans in our block is disproportionate and unjust therefore we call on the board to revise this decision."

As they say, you have to take it on the chin and quit the whining.

I agree with some of what you say mate. But I agree it's unfair to ban all 900 people in that section. The vast majority won't have been involved in the flares or the banners. Ban the GB. I believe there's about 40/50 of hem illdecide is that right? I can see both sides but I think banning all 900 is over he top
i thought the whole section was Green Brigade? When they march to the ground as a group before the game, it looks to be much more than 50.

The GB themselves are about 50 strong. They attract lots of people as can be seen from the corteos and their section

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
http://glasgowgospel.org/exclusive-raging-rodgers-ready-to-walk-over-banner-embarrassment/

I told you,and will be followed by Desmond,all because of a handful of pricks who probably know little or nothing about Irish politics or history.

I've read that article a couple times and it's a load of crap. Nothing concrete and a lot of speculation and a tweet from someone apparently in the know. A sensationalist headline to suck people in. File under nonsense

T Fearon

I have not winged about him.Merely thought the winning of the treble unbeaten in Scotland last year was vastly overhyped,that's all.If he does walk under the circumstances who else will take the job? Any Celtic manager has enough to deal with,never mind this sort of crap.I have no doubt Dermot Desmond will go to,he probably will feel it's damaging to his wider business interests.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 23, 2017, 08:30:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 01:41:46 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 23, 2017, 12:02:36 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 23, 2017, 12:23:34 AM
Time for the Green Brigade to wise to f*%k up. Their statement is basically saying we bring great support to the team and noise to the stadium and it comes at the cost of us doing what we like regardless of safety law to which the club must comply and the rules of the competitions we aspire to be in.

I am with them that the game is bent and every man has the right to his own opinion and how he expresses himself but they have to learn where and when.

They actually, in their statement, cite issues in the game yet their displays are not about these. If that is their stated grievance why not have that at the forefront of their displays?

I have a soft spot for them like a lot of Celtic supporters but they need to become more savvy.
I read their statement here. If the club does not close the dialogue then I think the issues can be kept just inside the legal barrier.
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/07/green-brigade-release-statement-response-2-game-ban/

The conundrum is
that they took the decision as a group to have the pyro display last May and  the undefeated army banner v Linfield, they say they are willing to accept full responsibility,  but have an issue with the punishment being collective, affecting all the group.

"we take this opportunity to accept full responsibility for both the pyrotechnics display to celebrate the achievements of the Lisbon Lions at the Hearts match in May and our 'Brendan's Undefeated Army' tifo during the match against Linfield on Wednesday evening."

"We do however completely oppose collective punishment and a blanket ban on all fans in our block is disproportionate and unjust therefore we call on the board to revise this decision."

As they say, you have to take it on the chin and quit the whining.

I agree with some of what you say mate. But I agree it's unfair to ban all 900 people in that section. The vast majority won't have been involved in the flares or the banners. Ban the GB. I believe there's about 40/50 of hem illdecide is that right? I can see both sides but I think banning all 900 is over he top
i thought the whole section was Green Brigade? When they march to the ground as a group before the game, it looks to be much more than 50.

The GB themselves are about 50 strong. They attract lots of people as can be seen from the corteos and their section
Then I'd say they are Green Brigade members for match day. Most of the section  appear to march together before the game, they congregate together deliberately in that section and generally do the Green Brigade ultra thing together.
Unless you are going to get the core group of 50 to stand up and admit their sole responsibility for the violations, then Celtic are quite within the bounds of reason to treat the section as one. If it's harsh then the section will just have to suck it and stand together in the harsh times.

tonto1888

I'm pretty sure that's what they have done with that statement

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2017, 08:33:10 PM
I have not winged about him.Merely thought the winning of the treble unbeaten in Scotland last year was vastly overhyped,that's all.If he does walk under the circumstances who else will take the job? Any Celtic manager has enough to deal with,never mind this sort of crap.I have no doubt Dermot Desmond will go to,he probably will feel it's damaging to his wider business interests.

When he does go it won't be because of bannergate

Hectic

Celtic football club is bigger than a group of renegades. Noone will walk over this, the majority see it for what it is. The individuals who have a choice to make are the Green Brigade.

Kilkevan

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2017, 01:12:49 PM
Seriously i remember watching that Hearts game thinking "Holy F**k if any of them flares touch that flag material that is over everyone's head it would have been catastrophic" lucky enough it didn't happen.

I've just watched a video of the flares at Celtic Park and right enough it was insane. To hold flares that close to strips of material is grossly stupid. I have seen flares used hundreds of times in Italy but not once in as reckless a manner as that. The GB statement that they used them safely is nonsense. I still stick by the idea that they can be used securely but that most definitely was dangerous.

T Fearon

Heading over on Wednesday again.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 23, 2017, 09:29:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what they have done with that statement
What part of it makes you so sure?
The GB just ask Celtic to revise their decision.
There is no part where the GB clearly offer that their membership solely take upon themselves the  2 game suspension. If the GB did intend that sentiment then their statement is not fit for purpose, it requires reading between the lines.

Their statement is more of a tirade, a rebel bootboys's angst.