Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Quote from: ziggysego on August 05, 2009, 07:03:24 PM
Kerry would be delighted to win an AI this year, with or without meeting Tyrone. However it does grate on them that they haven't beaten Tyrone under Mickey Harte, or with this current group of players. Whether it's right or not, they won't consider themselves to be amongst the greats of Kerry until they do.

I get this from talking to plenty of Kerrymen, including a relative (by marriage) of Pat Spillane's.
lucky fellow :D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ziggysego on August 05, 2009, 04:57:48 PM
Anyone know why the game isn't on BBC iPlayer. I set it to record over the weekend and all I got was Ladies Golf  >:(

The game is blanked out on the iPlayer menu, saying it's unavailable.

The Milk Cup is available...

Dont suppose anybody has a link for highlights ??? Was hoping to see it the Sunday Game on the RTE site which is supposed to be available from half 9 tonight but the quality is so poor its unwatchable.

Aaron Boone

Quick note to say well done to Martin Penrose on Sunday.
We don't do 'assists' in GAA but he was tops of the tree then.

Fuzzman

In the weekend's Sunday Times Dara Ó Cinnéide made a characteristically well-judged point. "We go romancing about the rivalry (with Dublin) when we're winning. You won't hear a lot of talk about the rivalry with Tyrone though."

That's the cloud on Kerry's horizon; Dublin must simply wish that they could see theirs.

Of course Kerry want to win another AI and prove all those wrong that they're not a spent force with this current team.
However, you must be in denial if you can't see that Kerry really want to beat Tyrone before this decade is out and put to bed this team of the decade crap.

tyronefan

O Connor says in his book that his one regret is that he didn't beat tyrone. I would assume that is one of his reasons for taking the Kerry job again

Fear ón Srath Bán

My Kerry contacts (OK, OK, so they don't realise they're my Kerry contacts... like my Donegal pal's father-in-law), make no secret about the fact that Tyrone are the big fat elephant in their room. They see it as a real blot on their Championship landscape, and a boil that they would like nothing better than to lance. That doesn't mean that given the choice, they wouldn't rather win a Championship without meeting and beating Tyrone, but it does mean that there's a question-mark hanging over this Kerry team (in their eyes).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dinny Breen

Anyway been away getting married so only getting around to posting on the board even if I did get the odd look in here and there, some good comments and obviously some churlish comments on the game as well.

Congrats to Tyrone, their defensive display in the 2nd half was the best I have seen in a long time, probably since Kildare at their peak under Micko when we hunted in packs.

I have no doubt it was experience and belief that beat us, I'm sure Kildare management know that the most important periods in a game tend to be just before half-time and just after Kildare are bi-polar when it comes to this, great coming up to half-time (Laois, Dublin, Wicklow and Tyrone) terrible after it and it's that 3rd quarter we are losing games.

My ambition was a Leinster Final and quarter-final this year, target achieved, next year I expect to win Leinster and at a minimum an All-Ireland semi but we need a couple more forwards and I think we are really starting to produce them, I was very impressed with Conor Mellet from Naas and Daniel Egan from Clane in the SFC last weekend and that was just from the 2 games I saw.

Anyway congrats to Tyrone, it will interesting to see how they cope with the man-mountains from Cork, Tyrone are definitely my favourites for the All-Ireland and I hope they do it.

#newbridgeornowhere

Fear ón Srath Bán

Congratulations Dinny, and the best of luck to yourselves too.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Commisarations I mean congratulation Dinny

Its grand til the weans come along so take yer time  ;D