Noel Thompson

Started by passedit, November 13, 2006, 07:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/newsline/newsline1830.ram

26.25 minutes in.

Nice one Noel, it's the only way to get the BBC to cover any GAA. As at matter of interest what was the combined attendance at the Irish league matches on saturday?
Don't Panic

SlimShady

What a complete tosser this guy is, what about the multiple stabbings and on field riot during the big 2 game at Windsor? f**k sake, it was a minor scuffle with 2 punches thrown! The GAA shown to be a disgrace by the BBC's portrayal- don't get me worng, I'm not saying we were innocent and it is a regrettable incident but it was blown out of all proportion.

Goals Will Come (Jerome Quinn), you're a f**king disgrace as well-you call yourself a gael and allow this to happen? and commentate on it as if it were World War 3! What County are you from Jerome? That's right-Tyrone, they're all angels in that part in the Club game. Hope you're at the Bredagh game on Sunday and you can stay to see the thugs we are not.

Guillem2

"Hope you're at the Bredagh game on Sunday"

Is that a threat Slim?  :-\
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

SlimShady

Hardly a threat, have you seen the size of him?! But I'm sure one or two of our committee men would like to voice their opinion.

reddgnhand

Watch out Jerome Slim is gonna get you at the Bredagh match on Sunday. Lets hope the BBC is not there to film it. Give Noel something to talk about.

passedit

slim, your men would be wasting their breath. I have no problem with Jerome, he was delivering a script, fairly accurately describing what happened. Do you actually think he runs that show?. And as for calling himself a gael, ask some of the Bredagh lads, he has more right than most.

Thompson on the other hand felt the need to add his , unscripted, two cents. what he said was ignorant and patronising. Since when did he give a fcuk about Gaelic games?  Just look at his copresenter's reaction.
Don't Panic

SlimShady

Thompson angered me and was the main purpotrator but I feel Jerome could have used his weight in some way to portray the GAA in a better light, it was poor. He's gone down in my estimation! though I'm sure he's not worried about my estimation!!

the legacy

sure Jerome should be an ambasador for the GAA instead of slading it...... i forgot it was a sport for fairies and fruits.....wise up Jerome and Thompson its a mans sport in which contact is considered part of the game

SlimShady

in fairness it was a bit more than contact and shouldn't have happened and I in no way agree with what went on.

but my point is that the BBC weren't as quick to show any clips from the County Final but as soon as theres a box thrown they go to town on it.

Donagh

A bit OTT there lads. We should be looking at ourselves and not giving these people a chance to take snips at the GAA. As far as I know Jerome coaches one of the youth team up at Bredagh – what's he supposed to say to them about that dick Craig running up from the posts to take a swing at someone? The likes of that has no place in football – he should be banned for a long time...

SlimShady

I agree it has no place in football. Putting it on BBC at 6.50pm brought it to everyones attention- they didnt show the County Final victory so why show this?!

davincicode

Lads,

This seems to be an underlying trend now running within the BBC, if you had heard that ass Sidebottom at the Awards in the Tullyglass, he has been in GAA and some might say a right? What right he,s being paid the kings shilling Cease Fire Geals as i heard someone use this term in relation to St Brides, the Day of the WC Mans sport are long gone, its ego and profile. Your county secretary should be objecting in the strongest possible way to this, they run to the Irish News when it suits?

thewobbler

A load of fuss about nothing. Some of you fellas take things too seriously.

By the way Slim - technically speaking, county finals would be deemed as local sport, but Ulster ties are regional sport. That's tthe difference.

the legacy

Reallistically, fighting will always overshadow the football......but if the BBC condemns such actions why is it so quick to show these events

davincicode

This would never be allowed to happen in any other county especially my own, as we have the strength and our own platform, they fear us and that is the way it should be, blank and ban them from our games until they tow the line. Antrim will always be weak until they change the present structure.