Write your own football CV

Started by irunthev, April 01, 2009, 11:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

On the Underdogs thread someone wrote a complete breakdown of the first Underdogs team as to what they achieved after the programme. What do the football CVs of the board users really look like? Anyone fancy submitting their own  football CV.... and let's be honest out there!

cavan4ever

1 under 14 Cavan Vocational schools championship 
1 under 16 Cavan Vocational schools championship
1 Senior Cavan  Vocational schools championship

Went down hill after that

Orior

Achievements:
      Nothing

Under achievements:
      Everything

Emmm, only when I gave up football did I realise I was a talented runner and golfer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

1986 . Picked stones at drumquin GFC and got my first kit.

1988-1998 Came, Saw, Conkered.

RedandGreenSniper

The eulogy to my career might read 'he talked a good game'.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

irunthev

A player ahead of his time........ was always best suited to the over-40s.

Limited talent, great dedication, trained hard and fell out with just about everyone.

I also have the not so proud boast of having punched one of my own team mates on three different occassions (three seperate team mates).

Like I say...... fell out with just about everyone

stew

Play gaelic, loved it but was better at just about every other sport I played.

I played in a Junior county final, lost in a replay but scored 0-2 in the replay and was injured for the first game, I socored a point that day with both the left and the right boot and rattled the crossbar with a shot from fifteen yards.
I knew it was time to quit, when at age 20 and a sub on the Harps b team the manager told me to get togged out with a half hour left in the championsip quarter final, he tells me to play corner back and i says to him, but I play corner forward in gaelic, he looked at me and said, ah well then, dont worry about it, we will put somebody else on, FFS I had only been to every training session that year and was going rightly, I quit the Harps shortly thereafter.

I Quit after that to play sawker as i was better at that although I had a bit of a bad temper and let myself down a few times which I am still embarassed about to this day. :-[ :-[ :-[

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 01, 2009, 07:44:00 PM
The eulogy to my career might read 'he talked a good game'.

Talk a good game, i think your stretching with that ;), well i guess you did post it on April fools day, good one though got me :P.

I dont need the ego inflate that posting my cv would give me, far to modest for that and dont like to boast!
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

rrhf

Author of
"How not to play Gaelic Football"
"Life after Knee injuries"
"How I won that game from the barstool"
"If Bosco can do it so can I" 

A Quinn Martin Production

Huffed and puffed for at football for many years with no success (well I am from Antrim)

Had my head split open by team mate in my second ever competitive hurling game aged 15.  11 stitches later my Ma said that "that oul hurley is far too dangerous".  Career cruelly cut short by fearsome Mother.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

corn02

From u8s to u12s I was a bit bigger than most of the other players, therefore, obviously, I was one of the better players.

As the boys caught up the extra inch in height my shiteness came to the fore.

I finally got the hint when before a minor championship game the team was announced and I wasn;t picked. In the warm-up the manager said I had an important job (secret weapon for last 20 me thinks!) but, alas, my important job was to make sure we didn't lose any balls in the warm-up.

I can only look at the duds hanging round our senior team without a chance of playing time and shake my head at them for not getting the hint.

AbbeySider

Quote from: corn02 on April 02, 2009, 12:54:15 PM
I finally got the hint when before a minor championship game the team was announced and I wasn;t picked. In the warm-up the manager said I had an important job (secret weapon for last 20 me thinks!) but, alas, my important job was to make sure we didn't lose any balls in the warm-up.

I can only look at the duds hanging round our senior team without a chance of playing time and shake my head at them for not getting the hint.

Life does not require us to be the biggest or the best. It asks only that we try.

Those duds that you refer to are at least aspiring to something and trying to better themselves.
There are choosing not to sit on some idle barstool in a pub pining and whining about the "raw deal" they got with their local club and why they wont play football for them because of it. Too many lads make that tragic choice.

I wouldnt knock them for trying, in fact our club has a philosophy they are as important as your best player. Nothing wrong with a big panel of lads, all enthusiastic to play.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 02, 2009, 02:36:17 PM

Life does not require us to be the biggest or the best. It asks only that we try.

Those duds that you refer to are at least aspiring to something and trying to better themselves.
There are choosing not to sit on some idle barstool in a pub pining and whining about the "raw deal" they got with their local club and why they wont play football for them because of it. Too many lads make that tragic choice.

I wouldnt knock them for trying, in fact our club has a philosophy they are as important as your best player. Nothing wrong with a big panel of lads, all enthusiastic to play.

i see where your comng from Abbeysider but in fairness a club would have to try and say that otherwise they would have feck all at training . Don't get me wrong i was a "dud" having bursed me bollix training , missing stags , holidays in the hope of making the team for years. I have  played plenty of times for cross at league level and a few senior championship games which i was delighted to make the team however the league medals mean more to me as i played a part in winning those . I know people say its a squad and everthing but at the end of the day if you don't make the championship 15 or come on as a sub the medals you win mean feck all to you well they mean feck all to me anyway.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

corn02

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 02, 2009, 02:36:17 PM

Jesus christ will wind your neck in, it's a joke thread.