The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Good facebook post from Al Franken on October 10 this year in response to former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson's struggles with sexual harassment.

https://www.facebook.com/senatoralfranken/posts/1517209188364958

He says of Weinstein that "while his behavior was appalling, it's far too common".

Will he do the right thing here now that he himself has been exposed?

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Not forgetting the images of Obama about to take advantage of a doe-eyed youngster

Those democrats are all at it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Republicans are at it too FakeNewsFox - they are as bad as each other.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20171115/inappropriate-behavior-with-man-in-his-office-led-to-ohio-lawmakers-ouster

Didn't see your opinions on Roy Moore either. What do you make of those?

heganboy

I admire the stones on president Spurs calling out Al franken on Twitter. I am somewhat concerned that his minder is letting him do it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TheOptimist

Trying to point fingers at democrats/republicans over scandals like this is ridiculous. It is a human flaw and not limited to any one side or party. As is fraud, corruption and greed. If a politician is guilty they are not fit for office. If politics should be debated it is the policies and their effects that should be discussed. Not which party are the biggest perverts or fraudsters.

J70

Quote from: heganboy on November 17, 2017, 05:35:46 AM
I admire the stones on president Spurs calling out Al franken on Twitter. I am somewhat concerned that his minder is letting him do it...

Yeah, maybe Al should have tried to "grab 'em by the pussy".

Eamonnca1

Remember when Bernie Sanders was mocked because we couldn't afford $47 billion for college tuition?

"The bill, which is the fiscal 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), not only exceeds President Donald Trump's original defense request by nearly $100 billion, but also exceeds the spending cap on defense funding set by the Budget Control Act by nearly $150 billion."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/453740/house-defense-spending-bill-passes-overwhelmingly

This is textbook Republican politics. Gripe about the national debt and big government spending when in opposition, then revert to the "deficits don't matter" doctrine and spend like drunken sailors as soon as you get into power.

foxcommander

Oh change the record for christs sake.

Those tuition fees would only be wasted on safe spaces and stupid courses like advanced philosophies of hip-hop singers.

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on November 18, 2017, 12:27:35 AM

Those tuition fees would only be wasted on safe spaces and stupid courses like advanced philosophies of hip-hop singers.
Foxy

Demand is a business issue. Very Republican. Go back to your handlers
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heganboy

I almost took the bait Foxy.

I am very curious as to how the right wing media are not calling out both tax bills for their complete contradiction of the fundamentals of Republican goals.

Adding to the deficit, hitting the middle class with tax increases, when did that become a win?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

To the shock of no-one Trump comes out in support of Roy Moore

QuoteBREAKING. Trump On Roy Moore race— "we don't need a liberal democrat in that seat."

QuoteTrump: "Roy Moore denies it— that's all I can say."

Quote"He denies it. He totally denies it," Trump on Roy Moore.

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 21, 2017, 08:52:59 PM

QuoteBREAKING. Trump On Roy Moore race— "we don't need a liberal democrat in that seat."

I heard it live....fvckin painful.

But why all of a sudden the change in course?

Hi Does he know something we don't know?

Don't be surprised if there's some big development here in the next few days

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 21, 2017, 09:28:32 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 21, 2017, 08:52:59 PM

I heard it live....fvckin painful.

But why all of a sudden the change in course?

Hi Does he know something we don't know?

Don't be surprised if there's some big development here in the next few days

What, like a poll saying Moore is in big trouble? Or do you really think that all eight or nine women are going to be discredited? (we're still waiting on Trump's suit against his own 15 accusers). Is this the Trump playing 3-D chess thing again? ;D

Trump just doesn't think what Moore allegedly did is that big a deal and he isn't going to be told otherwise by any fake news media OR Mitch McConnell. He is telling us that a mainstream Democratic senator is worse than a hypocritical supposed religious zealot who stands accused of assaulting and harrassing teenagers, some as young as 14, while he was in his 30s.

Its good to know though that a mere denial of guilt is all Trump needs to give the benefit of the doubt.