Started by macdanger2, November 23, 2020, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2020, 04:47:08 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 06, 2020, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2020, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 06, 2020, 04:29:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2020, 04:22:57 PM
Mayo are the new Donegal. Won't get a sniff against Dublin but they're the only hope we have so we have to big them up. Steamrolling a Tipperary team who even by their own standards are having a terrible day at the office.

For as bad as Tipperary has been you are underating Mayo whom have the fitness and physicality to get a sniff of Dublin. Donegal have done nothing in the All-Ireland series for the last 5 years to get such hype.
::)
If you think so.

I know you need to stop hyping up a Donegal side that have flattered to deceive under Bonner.
And a Mayo team who are 3 years away from a team who could challenge Dublin.

In three years time most of their experienced starters who are leading this team will be finished

sid waddell

I'm not sure how hard Lee Keegan actually tried to stop Conor Sweeney there but he was done up like a kipper all the same

It's hard to think his place could be under threat for the final, but maybe it should be

Schkite

The game was over as a contest long ago, but it's still mental to see the amount of goal chances Mayo have given up.

befair

Hope I'm wrong, but suspect the final will be procession for the Dubs

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Schkite on December 06, 2020, 05:03:14 PM
The game was over as a contest long ago, but it's still mental to see the amount of goal chances Mayo have given up.

Tipp had 2 goal chances in first 5 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

greatpoint

Quote from: befair on December 06, 2020, 05:03:25 PM
Hope I'm wrong, but suspect the final will be procession for the Dubs

Did you not watch the match? 5-20 for Mayo and Aidan O'Shea orchestrating everything.

Schkite

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2020, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: Schkite on December 06, 2020, 05:03:14 PM

Tipp had 2 goal chances in first 5 minutes

I know yeah, the worrying thing for Mayo is the fact Tipp got goal chances like that when the game was still in the balance. Still, over the course of the game Tipp still got through with ease multiple times.

Blowitupref

Mayo into their 5th AI final in 8 years. Full time Mayo 5-20 Tipperary 3-13. Tipperary put some respectability on the scoreboard by winning the 2nd half 2-8 to 1-8 but let's be honest because Mayo eased off 2nd half.

4-9 for Cillian O'Connor some scoring in AI semi finals don't need to know which Mayo forward will Dublin give the most attention too.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Big win for Mayo. Put up a huge score. The fly in the ointment is that Tipp scored 3 goals and it could easily have been 6 or 7.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 06, 2020, 05:08:00 PM
Big win for Mayo. Put up a huge score. The fly in the ointment is that Tipp scored 3 goals and it could easily have been 6 or 7.

The Gauromydas heros in the ointment is Dublin!

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 05:02:16 PM
I'm not sure how hard Lee Keegan actually tried to stop Conor Sweeney there but he was done up like a kipper all the same

It's hard to think his place could be under threat for the final, but maybe it should be
definitely should be. Looks a shadow of the player that used to bully Connolly.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2020, 06:15:56 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 05:02:16 PM

definitely should be. Looks a shadow of the player that used to bully Connolly.

Lee is 31 now! Had serious hip surgery a couple of years ago. Serious millage on the clock.

thewobbler

He took Michael Quinlivan out of the game hook line and sinker, and only ended up on Sweeney for musical chairs when all the subs came in.

Plenty of life left in that dog just yet.

He will assigned Ciaran Kilkenny for sure in the final. I wouldnt back against Keegan in that battle still.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2020, 06:36:08 PM
He took Michael Quinlivan out of the game hook line and sinker, and only ended up on Sweeney for musical chairs when all the subs came in.

Plenty of life left in that dog just yet.

He will assigned Ciaran Kilkenny for sure in the final. I wouldnt back against Keegan in that battle still.
Quinlivan had one gilt edged goal chance and created another in the first few minutes, Tipp scored a goal through the middle not long after that

If you give that to Dublin, they'll bury those chances

Keegan was destroyed by Con O'Callaghan last year

There is a huge difference between man marking playmakers like Kilkenny and Connolly and man marking out and out scoring forwards like Quinlivan and O'Callaghan

In those previous battles Keegan carried a real attacking threat himself which put Kilkenny and Connolly on the back foot

He carries little to no attacking threat if he's marking O'Callaghan again

Brendan Harrison is a massive loss to Mayo because he would have done that job

thewobbler

He's Tipperary's key player and he touched the ball half a dozen times and contributed next to nothing. If you're writing off that as a defensive contribution, then you must give most defenders 4/10 or worse every week.

Harrison's form started dropping like a stone two years ago. He wouldn't get within a fart's whiff of that Mayo team at present.