Did u ever get a hole in one???

Started by bigfrank, May 14, 2009, 07:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Lets keep it clean  ;D

Was chattin to guy the other day and he was tellin me that he got a hole in one after losing his first ball and had to settle for par!!! was wondering how many of the members here have ever got one or maybe even a few??

i have been playin a bit this past 7 years and never even really got close,mainly cause im crap tho!:P

skill or luck too?? or a combination of both!!

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Whacked the boss around the back of the head with the golf clubs once. Closest I've gotten.
Testing Accessibility

gerrykeegan

Once. Green was above us so no one knew, we searched behind the green for a good while, then someone checked the cup! it was on the nearest to the pin hole also! just about won it!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

maco

Once - summer of 2006. I had a lesson a few weeks earlier and was hitting it long and straight. 178m with the wind helping, hit a 6 iron, 1 bounce and in. Haven't been within an ass' roar of one since!

The Watcher Pat

Closest I have got is about 6 inches..

On the first hole of the par 3 course in Craigavon...

Someones bound to come in with something funny now about the 6 inches...

Bring it on!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

illdecide

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 14, 2009, 09:37:05 PM
Closest I have got is about 6 inches..

On the first hole of the par 3 course in Craigavon...

Someones bound to come in with something funny now about the 6 inches...

Bring it on!!

Alright...I heard you nailed Nail Loney with a 6" hole in one...saan. Although he claims it was more like 6cm ;D

As for Golf i'm happy the ball moves off the tee as i'm prone to the odd air shot...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mylestheslasher

I'd say i've got around 10.

1 on a pitch and put course and 9 on crazy golf

Puckoon

The luck required to make the damn ball drop is fierce. I've hit the pin a couple times.

Closest I came was on a downhill par 4. Drove the green ( not a big deal on this hole) and watched in amazement as my ball rolled right up to the lip and stopped. The boys were ready with the high fives, but she never dropped. I'll never have an easier eagle putt however.  

Shamrock Shore

No.

I am useless at golf. Amazingly landed a ball on the grass middle of a dual carrigeway at the Spawall pitch and putt in Templeogue.

My best snooker break was 24.

And in my entire GAA career I scored 1 point (that said I spent most of it as goalie or corner back).

So - no shit Sherlock, I am pretty useless at all sports.

new devil

frank only hole you got was that wee fat thing you were riding in NY last summer  :D :D

David McKeown

Got one once on the 9th hole at the par three course at craigavon.  Was playing a few holes to warm up before a competition and hit a 5 iron into the whole.  Thought Id put it into the trees when I hit it.  Played like shite that tournament and pretty much since. 
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Chrisowc

A hole in one?  Straight in no kissing.  No better feeling.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

Quote from: Chrisowc on May 15, 2009, 11:45:36 AM
A hole in one?  Straight in no kissing.  No better feeling.

Does he enjoy it as much as you?  :P
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Billys Boots

I chipped in for an eagle on a par 4 about 20 years ago in Deerpark, Howth (from about 90 m) - can that count?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...