Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Not having read it - sounds to me that watson's article might be more case of bad journalism than a slant on Liam Watson.

I've made my feeling on McManus known but the notion that he is to blame for the disintegration of our county team is absurd. It's blaming our best players for not being better. If we had more of them like graffin & McAuley we would be in a better place.

So as regards those who could be better along side them - the absentees - I think it's important to note that this is something tha exists in the bog-ball code also.
Why does a county - at best mediocre - have such an issue getting players to play?
No other county has this issue annually across the board!

MoChara

Here's a photo of the article in question

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

cfclg

Is Sleeping Giant actually Liam Watson? I have my suspicions................  ;)

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: cfclg on July 24, 2015, 01:12:07 PM
Is Sleeping Giant actually Liam Watson? I have my suspicions................  ;)
Nah, the spelling is too good.

Sleeping giant

for what?  Speaking a bit of truth?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 24, 2015, 03:51:10 PM
for what?  Speaking a bit of truth?

.... enough to suit your own ends with not much of an effort softening language in an attempt to try and lessen divisions. Fanning flames isn't going to help

Sleeping giant

What language needed softed?  I asked a few questions that's yet to be answered and I agreed with anything watson said and also said he should have gave solutions. 

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 24, 2015, 05:15:47 PM
What language needed softed?   

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 23, 2015, 10:26:13 PM
Sure Captain fantastic is laughable to most outside of your own little town. There, he is high and mighty and truth be told, he's been there yes, but what the f**k has he ever done that's so outstanding for antrim hurling??

::)

Sleeping giant

Ok.  What has he ever done that's so outstanding for antrim hurling?   That better??

theskull1

Can anyone understand the relevance of such immature classless comments other than to just sling mud? Just in case I'm missing something?

Sleeping giant

Ok. Say or believe what you want.  Am all for antrim hurling.  But it works both ways.  Give respect get respect.  JJ and his buddies can come on and rip club mates of my own to shreds with there sarcasm and no all attitudes.   be there from the start. Don't play soccer. Injuries, transfers to dublin and all the dung he was spouting  when he's been there he's been an asset and to me would still be an asset.  We all agree that the size of our county we need the best 15 on the pitch and pulling the same way.  But the man that lives for the headlines is every bit as much to blame as watson,  but JJ thinks it fine because he's been there consistently,  so he can say and do what he wants.  BALLS TO THAT!!!!

Jesusjones

Ah Sleeping Giant, it gets worse. Take a look back over my posts the last few days, the last few months or even years. We need Watson and several others from Loughgiel turning out for Antrim. Loughgiel have many great players. I'd have at least 4 or 5 on the county team in an ideal situation but lets get real here. Neil Mc Manus is one of the very best hurlers in the county. You can like him or loath him on a personal level but have enough class to admit he is one of our best. I want Watson, Eddie Mc Closkey, O' Connell, Odhran Mc Fadden and a few others playing for our county. Could we not pull together here? Could you not bring yourself to admit some of the Cushendall lads have a contribution to make too? Would it break your wee heart? 

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 24, 2015, 09:33:06 PM
Ah Sleeping Giant, it gets worse. Take a look back over my posts the last few days, the last few months or even years. We need Watson and several others from Loughgiel turning out for Antrim. Loughgiel have many great players. I'd have at least 4 or 5 on the county team in an ideal situation but lets get real here. Neil Mc Manus is one of the very best hurlers in the county. You can like him or loath him on a personal level but have enough class to admit he is one of our best. I want Watson, Eddie Mc Closkey, O' Connell, Odhran Mc Fadden and a few others playing for our county. Could we not pull together here? Could you not bring yourself to admit some of the Cushendall lads have a contribution to make too? Would it break your wee heart?
no it wouldn't.   It would delight me to see them all pull together and do the best they could for one another and the county.   I don't loath him at all.  But can you admit that both party's have to answer for the state were in and the shit that is never ending way back to when we won our first championship in many years??

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 24, 2015, 09:41:53 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on July 24, 2015, 09:33:06 PM
no it wouldn't.   It would delight me to see them all pull together and do the best they could for one another and the county.   I don't loath him at all.  But can you admit that both party's have to answer for the state were in and the shit that is never ending way back to when we won our first championship in many years??
I haven't seen McManus coming out & criticising anyone in the papers or on Twitter like others have.