Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Quote from: ballinaman on March 02, 2015, 05:35:48 PM
Adam Johnson arrested

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31702374
That's mental right enough. They must have a right bit of evidence for him to be named??

theskull1

The continued news items about Jahadi feckin' Jon

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ludermor

Telford 'Jump' onlookers condemned by police
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-31903327
Witness Chloe Jones said about 20 people, mainly teenagers, but "some grown men", were filming the incident unfold.

"As we walked past, there were some youths shouting 'Go on, do it - jump'," she said.

"It made me feel quite sick, actually,and then a lot of them were filming it, but to see some grown men filming it... I just said to them 'What on earth are you going to do with that footage? Are you going to home and watch it if that poor man jumps?'"

She said she was shocked at how people could not see "the obvious state" the man was in.

"It was almost like a form of entertainment for them... kids were screaming, running to the other side to see if they could get a better view," she said.

"It was just so sad."

brokencrossbar1

Full of proud,  we've set a new record!!!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-mum-29-set-to-be-the-youngest-granny-in-the-uk-31068444.html

QuoteA north Belfast woman is to become Britain and Ireland's youngest known grandmother at 29 years old.

The mother-of-two discovered her 15-year-old daughter was pregnant late last year.

It is believed the woman, who had her first child at 14, will be the UK's current youngest grandmother when her daughter gives birth this summer.

After announcing the news of her pregnancy on social media site Facebook, the secondary school student wrote about how excited she was and added: "I can't wait to be a mum."

She also told friends on social media last month: "Just can't wait to hold him or her in my arms, relly (sic) don't think it's hit me yet."

While Sunday Life spoke to the soon-to-be grandmother, she said her family had no intention of speaking to the media.

The teenager's boyfriend, who is believed to be aged 17, also revealed his excitement online.

The couple, who are from opposite sides of the political divide, shared their news with friends and expressed their excitement at becoming parents.

Commenting under a picture of their unborn baby's scan, the dad-to-be revealed he was hoping for a baby boy while his girlfriend replied: "I know lv (love) hopefully, but we don't care as long as it's healthy."

Friends of the couple also took to social media to express their congratulations on their first baby together. One person wrote: "Woww im so excited." While another stated: "Gonna be a beautiful like its mummy".

The teenage boy's mother also added her congratulations.

Writing under the baby scan photo, she said. "My precious little bundle so proud of you an (dad's name) love u."

It is understood the girl's mother will be the UK and Ireland's youngest granny when the baby arrives.

In 1999, a Yorkshire woman became Britain's youngest ever granny in recent times aged 26.

In 2008, Cheshire woman Tracey Smith spoke of her joy at becoming one of Britain's youngest grannies. The 36-year-old, who became pregnant with her first baby at 16, became a gran when her youngest daughter, aged 17, had her first child.

armaghniac

QuoteThe teenager's boyfriend, who is believed to be aged 17, also revealed his excitement online.

Would that be the excitement as in Anglea's Ashes?

More seriously, was there not a story here about some soccer player banging a 15 year old girl and he got arrested, while this guy got one up the pole and that doesn't seem to be problem?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2015, 08:55:37 PM
QuoteThe teenager's boyfriend, who is believed to be aged 17, also revealed his excitement online.

More seriously, was there not a story here about some soccer player banging a 15 year old girl and he got arrested, while this guy got one up the pole and that doesn't seem to be problem?

You would think so.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

While it technically is statutory rape as she is under the age of consent the reality is that as this is clearly a case of 2 very consenting teenagers engaging in sex then it is highly unlikely that the PPS have the will to pursue such a case. Its not quite as clear in the other case. 

moysider

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 17, 2015, 09:28:21 PM

While it technically is statutory rape as she is under the age of consent the reality is that as this is clearly a case of 2 very consenting teenagers engaging in sex then it is highly unlikely that the PPS have the will to pursue such a case. Its not quite as clear in the other case.

Consent nothing to do with it. But nobody has reported a crime. Double standards of course but thats the way it is. Do you honestly think that these kids know what age of consent is/ means/ matters? What's anybody going to do? Educate them  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Lock them up ::) ::)

Plus, there is no money to be made on this one. No pro- soccer player to be hung out to dry or anything of interest. Just early breeders getting on with it like their parents before them. Nobody to destroy here so no story.

muppet

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/16/virginia-school-suspends-an-11-year-old-for-one-year-over-a-leaf-that-wasnt-marijuana/?postshare=9451426553517708

Virginia school suspends an 11-year-old for one year over a leaf that wasn't marijuana

By Christopher Ingraham March 16 

These are Japanese maple leaves, not marijuana leaves. Does your principal know the difference? (Flickr user Hideyuki KAMON, CC)
Earlier this school year, a sixth-grader in the gifted-and-talented program at Bedford Middle School in Bedford, Virginia was suspended for one year after an assistant principal found something that looked like a marijuana leaf in his backpack.

The student, the 11-year-old son of two school teachers, had to enroll in the district's alternative education program and be homeschooled. He was evaluated by a psychiatrist for substance abuse problems, and charged with marijuana possession in juvenile court. In the months since September, he's become withdrawn, depressed, and he suffers from panic attacks. He is worried his life is over, according to his mother, and that he will never get into college.

The only problem? The "leaf" found in the student's backpack wasn't what authorities thought it was -- it tested negative for marijuana three separate times.

[DEA warns of stoned rabbits if Utah passes medical marijuana]

All of this is laid out in detail by Dan Casey in a column in the Roanoke Times today. While the juvenile court dropped its case against the student after the tests turned up negative, the school system, in a community located midway between Roanoke and Lynchburg, has been far less forgiving. That's because stringent anti-drug policies in school districts in Virginia and elsewhere consider "imitation" drugs to be identical to real ones for disciplinary purposes.

The school's lawyer, Jim Guynn, is quoted in the Roanoke Times article defending the policy on the basis that "it's a pretty standard policy across the Commonwealth." In 2011, for instance, four seventh-graders in Chesapeake, Virginia were suspended over bringing a bag of oregano to school. A quick Google search suggests similar policies are in effect in many other states as well.

It doesn't matter if your son or daughter brings a real pot leaf to school, or if he brings something that looks like a pot leaf -- okra, tomato, maple, buckeye, etc. If your kid calls it marijuana as a joke, or if another kid thinks it might be marijuana, that's grounds for expulsion.

[Marijuana may be safer than previously thought]

The Bedford sixth-grader has been allowed to return to school starting today. But he has to attend a different school, separate from his former friends and peers, and he's still under strict probation until this September. The terms of his original suspension letter state that he'll be searched for drugs at the beginning and end of every school day until his probation is over.

It's unclear what exactly transpired before the assistant principal discovered the leaf in the Bedford student's backpack. School authorities say the student was showing it to other kids and telling them it was pot. The student's parents say he never would have done such a thing, and that it was planted there as a joke by another kid.

Either scenario raises troubling questions given the severity of the punishment. Kids, especially at that age, joke about things all the time. When I was in sixth grade my friends and I would dump out Pixy Sticks on our desks and arrange the powdered sugar in neat little lines, like cocaine, although I don't think any of us was dumb enough to try to snort it. We only knew what cocaine was because of D.A.R.E., the ineffective school anti-drug campaign of the 80s and 90s.

Under rules in place today in Virginia and elsewhere, we would have been considered possessing "imitation cocaine" and subject to expulsion.

The Bedford case is a microcosm of drug policy -- especially marijuana policy -- at the national level. Most of the harm associated with marijuana use comes not from using marijuana, but from getting caught up in the  strict punishments meted out by the criminal justice system for using it.

The harm that the Bedford school district inflicted on this boy is far greater than any harm he could have incurred by eating an actual marijuana leaf, or even smoking it, or even smoking a dozen leaves.

Fortunately, kids are resilient. With any luck the student will start to bounce back once his year of probation and mandatory pat-downs is over. But as the parent of two boys, the prospect of this sort of ordeal terrifies me.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Pretty f*cked up

Craigslist attack: Unborn child taken from pregnant woman

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31968673

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on March 26, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2015, 09:59:08 AM
Video is on page NSFW but web page is sound.....

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/25/university-lecturer-shows-new-students-naked-video-of-her-urinating-and-masturbating-on-stage-5120301/

Great craic  ;D
Reminds me of 1st year in UCD....had to do an elective module so went to Women's studies for a week...because A) Wanted a scope B) Exam looked handy
Class consisted of 8 lesbians/ Erin Brockovich type characters with faces like a bag of chisels et moi sat in a circle for 2 hours discussing modern Ireland from a woman's perspective, and giving out to me for being alive basically ......
I didn't go back.... ;D

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on March 26, 2015, 10:54:35 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2015, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: laoislad on March 26, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2015, 09:59:08 AM
Video is on page NSFW but web page is sound.....

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/25/university-lecturer-shows-new-students-naked-video-of-her-urinating-and-masturbating-on-stage-5120301/

Great craic  ;D
Reminds me of 1st year in UCD....had to do an elective module so went to Women's studies for a week...because A) Wanted a scope B) Exam looked handy
Class consisted of 8 lesbians/ Erin Brockovich type characters with faces like a bag of chisels et moi sat in a circle for 2 hours discussing modern Ireland from a woman's perspective, and giving out to me for being alive basically ......
I didn't go back.... ;D

Coward  ;)
Any bet they sat around the next class....Yeah, knew it...TYPICAL MAN!