Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Many people going to get this in PPV?

What do you think the outcome will be?

lfdown2

does anyone know whether you can stream this legally online if you are not a sky customer (in the north) - illegal streams are not exactly dependable.

beer baron

Like to see Manny win,not sure if he can though, think hell need a knockout in the 1st 6 rounds if he is to do it and hard to see that happening, the longer it goes the more Mayweather will pick him off. I expect either a late ko for Mayweather or him to win on points most  likely. 

Some of you lads that'd have better memories than me, was Freddie Roche over De LA hoya when they fought 7 or 8 years back? That was a hell of a fight and if Roche can work out another plan you never know...?

beer baron

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 28, 2015, 10:09:02 AM
does anyone know whether you can stream this legally online if you are not a sky customer (in the north) - illegal streams are not exactly dependable.

I presume if you buy it on box office you could stream it on skyplayer. Im in Dublin for the weekend, anyone know where it'll be shown? Pal of mine told me there's a place regularly stays open for late sports but the name escapes me?

gallsman

Quote from: beer baron on April 28, 2015, 10:13:19 AM
Like to see Manny win,not sure if he can though, think hell need a knockout in the 1st 6 rounds if he is to do it and hard to see that happening, the longer it goes the more Mayweather will pick him off. I expect either a late ko for Mayweather or him to win on points most  likely. 

Some of you lads that'd have better memories than me, was Freddie Roche over De LA hoya when they fought 7 or 8 years back? That was a hell of a fight and if Roche can work out another plan you never know...?

Yup, he brought him in after the palaver over the fact that Floyd Sr. had previously been his trainer.

gallsman

Quote from: beer baron on April 28, 2015, 10:16:37 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on April 28, 2015, 10:09:02 AM

I presume if you buy it on box office you could stream it on skyplayer. Im in Dublin for the weekend, anyone know where it'll be shown? Pal of mine told me there's a place regularly stays open for late sports but the name escapes me?

The Woolshed perhaps?

nrico2006

I am going to pay for it.  Don't think that it going 12 will hinder Pacquaio, his endurance is never an issue.  I still reckon De LaHoya at least drew that fight with Mayweather and in Pacquaio Roach has a better fighter to carry out a gameplan.  Maidana is nowhere near Pacquaio's level yet he wasn't too far away from Mayweather in a lot of the rounds in their two fights, hopefully Pacquaio's huge workrate, southpaw stance and speed can inflict more damage on Mayweather than Maidana did.  If Mayweathers legs are going, this could be the fight that shows it, he is 38 after all.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 28, 2015, 10:43:20 AM
I am going to pay for it.  Don't think that it going 12 will hinder Pacquaio, his endurance is never an issue.  I still reckon De LaHoya at least drew that fight with Mayweather and in Pacquaio Roach has a better fighter to carry out a gameplan.  Maidana is nowhere near Pacquaio's level yet he wasn't too far away from Mayweather in a lot of the rounds in their two fights, hopefully Pacquaio's huge workrate, southpaw stance and speed can inflict more damage on Mayweather than Maidana did.  If Mayweathers legs are going, this could be the fight that shows it, he is 38 after all.

Id agree there nrico. Would have given a draw in the De La Hoya fight and a draw at least in the first Maidana fight. Many boxing fans Ive spoken to since reckon Maidana won the 1st bout. Read an interview with De La Hoya last week and he isnt happy with the choice of referee. Reckons the ref will not let Paquiao work in close, will break the fight continuously, much like Cortez did when Hatton fought Mayweather. To that end it could be a seriously frustrating fight with many shouting "ah ffs ref, let them get on with it!" If the ref doesn't let Pacquiao work in close, then there can only be one winner, Mayweather. Hopefully I'm wrong

Johnnybegood

Put all your money clothes and even your Mott on mayweather
Bigger stronger and a much better defensive and counter puncher than Marquez who gave PAC man a torrid time

Declan

NAG1

Draw anyone?

Both walk away with millions and their records intact  ;)

DennistheMenace

I wouldn't rule out the draw but my head says Mayweather win and heart wants Pacman to win. It's nearly the good v bad scenario.

Will be interesting to see if Mayweather has slowed down any (doesn't look like it) and with Pacman's footwork he might be able to get inside much more than any previous fighter. Mosley has fought both and said that Pacman punches are harder, I can definitely see him hurting Mayweather but still fancy him to win a decision.

JoG2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2015, 01:06:03 PM
Draw anyone?

Both walk away with millions and their records intact  ;)

18/1 !

JoG2

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 28, 2015, 11:44:54 AM
Bigger stronger and a much better defensive and counter puncher than Marquez who gave PAC man a torrid time

eh? Marquez won 1 out of their 4 bouts, the 1 he did he was behind in the scorecards up until the knock out. You may be right, but I'd hold onto your cash if that's your basis to put the kitchen sink on Mayweather

ludermor

Quote from: JoG2 on April 28, 2015, 01:44:16 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 28, 2015, 11:44:54 AM

eh? Marquez won 1 out of their 4 bouts, the 1 he did he was behind in the scorecards up until the knock out. You may be right, but I'd hold onto your cash if that's your basis to put the kitchen sink on Mayweather
And there was no question marks over the bouts that Pac won?