Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: sans pessimism on July 23, 2015, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 23, 2015, 06:20:34 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 23, 2015, 06:11:23 PM

It was a nice limousin heifer too Muppet. Nearly bought a ticket. Great to see that kinda carry-on.

Can she play full back?
played full forward on Sunday

T'was a heifer sans p. Not a bull in a china shop. The Sligo fb line would have been safer in this game  :o

Limousin coloured bull as well.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on July 23, 2015, 10:01:00 PM
I recall reading somewhere that Mattie had 10 Connachts.
As always in a team game he didn't win them on his own.

But he is on his own winning the 10 titles! And he's safe enough from all quarters with the 4 AI medals for a Connacht man!

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 23, 2015, 11:11:36 PM

But he is on his own winning the 10 titles! And he's safe enough from all quarters with the 4 AI medals for a Connacht man!

Cillian will match him by the time he is thirty , golden era from Mayo on its way now . All we need to do after we win Sam this year is change the culture in Mayo and that starts by banning supporters who don't have the belief required.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Cluxton has 11 Leinsters, which has to be the Leinster record.
I wonder are there Kerrymen with a dozen or more Munsters?
Shef must have some haul of Leinster hurling championships

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hound on July 24, 2015, 07:00:06 AM

There is a crew of 5 Kerry players from the "Golden Years" team who have 8 All-Ireland's so I'd assume they must have a dozen or so Munster titles.

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 24, 2015, 08:23:27 AM
Quote from: Hound on July 24, 2015, 07:00:06 AM

There is a crew of 5 Kerry players from the "Golden Years" team who have 8 All-Ireland's so I'd assume they must have a dozen or so Munster titles.

Michael Kavanagh and Shef have 13 Leinster titles.

Spillane has 12 Munster, not sure if it's the record!

Shrewdness

Magpie Seanie's post above really highlights the difference between Mayo and Kerry. Some Mayo players are being lauded for having 8 provincial medals (good achievement), whilst there are Kerry players with 8 All Ireland medals (Great achievement).. The difference is called tradition.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 24, 2015, 09:35:06 AM
Magpie Seanie's post above really highlights the difference between Mayo and Kerry. Some Mayo players are being lauded for having 8 provincial medals (good achievement), whilst there are Kerry players with 8 All Ireland medals (Great achievement).. The difference is called tradition.

Ah, sure that's the way of the world there are teams always at the Top, teams always in the middle and teams always at the bottom.

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 24, 2015, 09:35:06 AM

Very good, now can you tell me the difference between mayo and Roscommon while you're at it.

Rossfan

Roscommon can't pick from their whole County while Mayowestros pick from Counties other than Mayo.  :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

The difference is a single senior AI.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2015, 07:05:30 PM

Indeed. We beat Kerry in an All-Ireland so until Mayo do that, we'll always be one ahead. Otherwise we are both just living on long past glory.

larryin89

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, more to inter county than winning all Ireland's  but sure if it makes you feel you're nearly as good as us, fire away. You know, I know and the GAA world knows . 15 year anniversary for ya next year , what's it going to be like for ye when they're out on the pitch being honoured as past greats and ye still haven't managed to beat us. Foo kin muppets.

From the Bunker

Quote from: weareros on July 24, 2015, 07:15:17 PM

Indeed. We beat Kerry in an All-Ireland so until Mayo do that, we'll always be one ahead. Otherwise we are both just living on long past glory.

Is that the last time ye beat Kerry? Besides Syferus is correct there is only one AI in the difference, no matter how yuppidy uppidy Mayo folk think they are. Really this argument is like two baldy lads fighting over a comb!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 24, 2015, 08:12:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 24, 2015, 07:15:17 PM

Is that the last time ye beat Kerry? Besides Syferus is correct there is only one AI in the difference, no matter how yuppidy uppidy Mayo folk think they are. Really this argument is like two baldy lads fighting over a comb!

But it is a fun fight, isn't it?