Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2015, 08:16:10 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 24, 2015, 08:12:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 24, 2015, 07:15:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2015, 07:05:30 PM
The difference is a single senior AI.

Indeed. We beat Kerry in an All-Ireland so until Mayo do that, we'll always be one ahead. Otherwise we are both just living on long past glory.

Is that the last time ye beat Kerry? Besides Syferus is correct there is only one AI in the difference, no matter how yuppidy uppidy Mayo folk think they are. Really this argument is like two baldy lads fighting over a comb!

But it is a fun fight, isn't it?

I have a Cavan Neighbour who continually jibes me about Cavan having won a more recent AI (1952) than Mayo (1951). He adds that Cavan have 5 AI titles! To which I return we'd have 4 each only for the short final of 1948! But once again this is back to the Baldy analogy.

sligoman

Carew has agreed a new two year deal. O'Hara really went to town on him during the week, some of it with merit and some over the top. He's had a nice bit of rebuilding to do with the age profile of the squad he took on so hope he kicks on from here. How many of the minors will progress to the seniors next year do we think? Would probably say Cummins and McGuinness are two best physically equipped. No real standout club players not involved right now excluding those who didn't make themselves available like McIntyre.

moysider

Quote from: sligoman on August 14, 2015, 10:20:07 PM
Carew has agreed a new two year deal. O'Hara really went to town on him during the week, some of it with merit and some over the top. He's had a nice bit of rebuilding to do with the age profile of the squad he took on so hope he kicks on from here. How many of the minors will progress to the seniors next year do we think? Would probably say Cummins and McGuinness are two best physically equipped. No real standout club players not involved right now excluding those who didn't make themselves available like McIntyre.

What's the sense in that?

sligoman

Quote from: moysider on August 14, 2015, 10:26:53 PM

He had a go at him for dropping McDonnell and accused him of scapegoating him as well as his tactics. I don't think O'Hara is one of those people who will ever be satisfied which might not necessarily be a bad thing either.

Really don't see Sligo improving beyond their current level in the coming years. We just don't have the size and it was the same with the minors. Paul Durcan is 10 years gone from the county scene now and we still haven't replaced him.

The two games to end the year were very disappointing and hopefully Carew will take something from them, I think he's done a reasonable job of freshening things up though.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman on August 14, 2015, 10:36:09 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 14, 2015, 10:26:53 PM

He had a go at him for dropping McDonnell and accused him of scapegoating him as well as his tactics. I don't think O'Hara is one of those people who will ever be satisfied which might not necessarily be a bad thing either.

Really don't see Sligo improving beyond their current level in the coming years. We just don't have the size and it was the same with the minors. Paul Durcan is 10 years gone from the county scene now and we still haven't replaced him.

The two games to end the year were very disappointing and hopefully Carew will take something from them, I think he's done a reasonable job of freshening things up though.

His preparation of the U21s was a bit of a disaster too.