Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 23, 2015, 01:03:40 AM
Seem to have hit a nerve !!!!!

Look - I don't want to go down this road again. I know the history very well and am entitled to my opinion that he should not be playing for Mayo. Ye have plenty of good players within your county.

A nerve maybe, but you did call him a cnut.

Fair enough end of, lets keep it football related.

maigheo

It is Sligo's call as to where the game will be played and they would be crazy to play the game anywhere else but Salthill.Mayo have a lot of injury concerns with  the two O Connors ,Andy Moran Tom Cunniffe and Alan Dillion not playing for there clubs at the weekend.In fact D.O Connor has a fractured bone in his  wrist so he could be  a doubt for final.There is another round of championship games in Mayo this weekend so that may reveal more as to how serious  the injuries the above players are carrying.

highorlow

With our record in Salthill and the distance Sligo have to travel I would say that the Sligo CB will run with Castlebar. Salthill could be crowded on the 19th with the skywhale.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

moysider

Quote from: highorlow on June 23, 2015, 10:48:01 AM
With our record in Salthill and the distance Sligo have to travel I would say that the Sligo CB will run with Castlebar. Salthill could be crowded on the 19th with the skywhale.

Cripes!
Maybe the Breffni Park murmurings were not so silly after all!

Goin Down

Quote from: moysider on June 23, 2015, 11:06:27 AM
Quote from: highorlow on June 23, 2015, 10:48:01 AM

Cripes!
Maybe the Breffni Park murmurings were not so silly after all!

If its a good day on the 19th July Salthill would be jammers either way I'd say.

Dont really mind where it is, get up to Galway early and wait a while after for the traffic to die down - theres worse places one could be looking to kill a few hours!  :P
Remember This.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 22, 2015, 11:03:50 PM
Regarding Markievicz Park I don't know what the exact capacity is but a quick look around after the announcement of the attendance left me wondering where you would fit a couple of thousand more. So assuming the attendance announced was accurate, I think 12,000 would have the place jammed completely.

Salthill is a pain but as Sligonian says it is a pain we're delighted to have. Might have to go the night before and stay with a buddy of mine in Salthill. As moysider mentioned, PJ's is a grand spot and there are many others. Bring it on.

Football wise - it will be very tough to stop the 5 in a row. Mayo are seasoned All-Ireland contenders and we are early in this teams development. I hoping that we kick on from the last day and rise a good challenge.

As for Parsons - I wouldn't take the cnut back for anything. I heard strong rumours that he was being courted about 16 months ago and it made me sick. If we win I'm sure the Curry lads can put a bonfire outside his house!!!!

Won't make the night before, but could you be persuaded to stay the Sunday night? Salthill is a pain to get to and home from, but if you are staying, there is nowhere better.  :D
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Salthill is actually a strange venue for a provincial ground that will be busy in summer months, when traffic around Salthill is already jammers. Surely Tuam would have been better to redevelop?

sligoman2

We need to come up with a plan for midfield, best we can hope for is to break the ball and pick up the breaks.  We probably got more out of our fast running midfielders than we would get from big slow high fielders.
Let's keep the discussion on track, we are delighted to be in a Connacht final and very happy with the massive underdog tag.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ballinaman

Mutterings that it's going to be Castlebar. Expect a 12 angry men scenario tonight before it's announced no doubt.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on June 23, 2015, 12:56:45 PM
Mutterings that it's going to be Castlebar. Expect a 12 angry men scenario tonight before it's announced no doubt.

Feck it. Castlebar will only cause ill feeling and we d be better off going neutral. I heard about the Castlebar thing yesterday and I dunno. Heard Sligo team were open to the idea but I can t figure that.
If our board sell out by giving up future home fixtures they should be roaded. Ransoming future teams and managements is not on imo.

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on June 23, 2015, 01:03:42 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 23, 2015, 12:56:45 PM

Feck it. Castlebar will only cause ill feeling and we d be better off going neutral. I heard about the Castlebar thing yesterday and I dunno. Heard Sligo team were open to the idea but I can t figure that.
If our board sell out by giving up future home fixtures they should be roaded. Ransoming future teams and managements is not on imo.
True, not bothered where's it's played and I know our lads don't care either, just want to get the job done.
O Hara tweeting about wanting to go to the "lions den"...give over will ya.
Waterford playing Tipp in Thurles and nothing is being made of it.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 23, 2015, 11:50:05 AM
Salthill is actually a strange venue for a provincial ground that will be busy in summer months, when traffic around Salthill is already jammers. Surely Tuam would have been better to redevelop?

Had to suit both the footballers and hurlers and Tuam is not really a hurling heartland being well away from the denizens of south and south-east Galway. Most of whom would have minimal interest in the fortunes of the Galway footballers themselves let alone football in general. I guess redeveloping Pearse was seen as a compromise. Pearse is a great ground in itself. Just a bad location. Should have sold Pearse and they would have made an absolute bomb from it and developed a green field site on the eastern side/outskirts of Galway city. Been said many times since unfortunately.

weareros

Syferus

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 23, 2015, 12:54:49 PM
We need to come up with a plan for midfield, best we can hope for is to break the ball and pick up the breaks.  We probably got more out of our fast running midfielders than we would get from big slow high fielders.
Let's keep the discussion on track, we are delighted to be in a Connacht final and very happy with the massive underdog tag.

Agree with that to a point and doubt we can go with the same kickout strategy on our own kickouts but my biggest concern is AOS. Good and all a player as McDonnell is I think we need a plan to nullify him as best we can when he is in at FF. A scary good player.

Interesting to note that even though we were well beaten overall on winning kickouts (43%:57%), we did shade the total possession stat (51%:49%).