FIFA Corruption arrests.

Started by topcuppla, May 27, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

I wonder are these arrests deliberately timed to influence the vote on Friday? Would love to see Blatter get kicked out.

Wee Roddy

I can remember at the time that the WC was awarded to Qatar upon seeing Prince Williams face, thinking to myself that Blatter, who hates the FA, is messing with the wrong type of people to be in charge of a mere football operation. I wonder were the Brits behind this?

StGallsGAA

If we can get the finger out Casement could yet host the World Cup!!

OakleafCounty

The FBI and Swiss authorities are carrying out the investigation. The CONCACAF headquarters in Miami are also getting raided now. It's great to see such a rotten organisation finally starting to face the consequences of corruption.

magpie seanie

Round up all the corrupt fcukers. They make FF look like an ould ones knitting circle. I would love to see Blatter in jail.

Shamrock Shore

Blatter et al are stains on world football. But some of the blame are lies with the organisations and individuals that kept this shower in power for so long. Self interest is the keyword in this and I'll rear up if John Delaney starts pontificating on how the FAI always wanted change....yada yada yada.

World Cup in Qatar - you may as well be having the Olympics in Ballymahon.

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 27, 2015, 11:22:22 AM
Blatter et al are stains on world football. But some of the blame are lies with the organisations and individuals that kept this shower in power for so long. Self interest is the keyword in this and I'll rear up if John Delaney starts pontificating on how the FAI always wanted change....yada yada yada.

Sure once ye have the Centre Parcs who knows what ye will get!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bensars

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 27, 2015, 08:22:20 AM
I wonder are these arrests deliberately timed to influence the vote on Friday? Would love to see Blatter get kicked out.

Heard on radio, Switzerland have an extradition arrangement with States. This made it handy to have them all in one place, arrest en masse and avoid any extradiction complications in other parts of the world.

Billys Boots

There was a routine FIFA meeting scheduled in Geneva for today - I guess this swoop has been planned for a while. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ludermor

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 27, 2015, 11:22:22 AM

Delaney obviously has a lot of influence in UFEA http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32891267
Delaney said the FAI will also back Prince Ali and that Blatter should step down for "the good of the game".
"If he was doing the right thing by football, which he says he cares and loves, then he should step aside and let somebody else come forward and improve the image of the world game," added Delaney.
"Uefa's image is very good, which is run by a good friend of mine Michel Platini. "I can go to Uefa and ask 'can we increase the Euros from 16 teams to 24' which I did, they get that.

AZOffaly

John Delaney is some gobdaw.

stew

Unfortunately I have little to no faith in my fellow man and think this w**ker will get elected again despite this aptly timed happening in Switzerland.

The house of cards is collapsing and it cannot happen quickly enough, I would love to see that bastard Blatter behind bars.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

Is the House of Blatter about to fall?

UEFA have called for the postponement of FIFA presidential election and says it may boycott congress altogether.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 27, 2015, 03:15:00 PM
John Delaney is some gobdaw.

;D ;D ;D

"If he was doing the right thing by football, which he says he cares and loves, then he should step aside and let somebody else come forward and improve the image of the world game," added Delaney.
"Uefa's image is very good, which is run by a good friend of mine Michel Platini. "I can go to Uefa and ask 'can we increase the Euros from 16 teams to 24' which I did, they get that.

After reading his 2nd line, I think Delaney should listen to the advice in the first himself.
MWWSI 2017