Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on June 27, 2015, 08:49:08 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 25, 2015, 07:48:55 PM
Going to be tackling this bad boy next week!

Lacets De Montvernier

Don't want to sicken your happiness but you know the French Air Traffic Controllers are acting the bollix again, next week too. Same shite every year.

No way! What are they at?

JimStynes

Just remembered I fly into Geneva so I should be ok!

bennydorano

Everything over French airspace effected. Cant see anything online about it atm but there was an article on yesterday's Times(uk). Co-ordinated Flights & Ports approach for maximum annoyance.

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on June 27, 2015, 10:57:37 PM
Guys just when you're on the topic of shorts...is there really a difference in the different brands. From I got my new bike my arse is wild sore. The shorts I'm using are just muddy fox from sports direct but I assumed shorts were shorts

It could take a while to get used to the new saddle but I would also get some decent shorts. Especially that you are looking to up the miles. I use assos chamois cream as well. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/assos-chamois-cream/

How is the new bike going?

ludermor

Nico Roche has been confirmed for the Sky team for the Tour but no place for Deignan.
Really looking forward to the race this year!

illdecide

Its going well but every time we go out someone has to get back early for something and we're always under the 50 mile barrier. Hopefully next week we can hit Newcastle and up the miles a bit. Yeah I think the seat will be grand after a while, it wasn't as bad yesterday so I'd imagine the more I use it the better it'll be. The last two outings have been a bit below par TBH especially on the hills as my breathing was a bit heavy and a bit of flame in the chest...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thewingedlady

Lads, doing the Etape this year and was thinking of squeezing in one or two sessions of altitude training in a local gym. I know generally this would be seen as a good idea but with less than three weeks to go I'm wondering could there be any downsides (i.e. too much exhaustion too close to the event). Any thoughts?

Mayo4Sam

RIP to that man in Sutton

Despicable act by the hit and run driver
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ludermor

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 01, 2015, 12:10:13 PM
RIP to that man in Sutton

Despicable act by the hit and run driver
Crazy, one of mates was right beside it along with about 30 other witnesses. How the driver thinks they will get away with a hit and run like that is lunacy

maddog

Guys just when you're on the topic of shorts...is there really a difference in the different brands. From I got my new bike my arse is wild sore. The shorts I'm using are just muddy fox from sports direct but I assumed shorts were shorts

to break it to you gently, muddy fox stuff is pure garbage. Try a range called "funkier". They are dearer but you get what you pay for to an extent. Assos stuff is the real top of the range but i would say not actually worth it. Castelli is good gear as well. If you read most cycling forums they will advise buy the best shorts you can afford. Its like shoes and your leaba, don't scrimp - you spend a lot of time in them. But use this stuff - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Udderly-Smooth-Chamois-Chaffing-Butter/dp/B002DR4ISI

your problem will be solved.

illdecide

Quote from: maddog on July 01, 2015, 03:06:12 PM

to break it to you gently, muddy fox stuff is pure garbage. Try a range called "funkier". They are dearer but you get what you pay for to an extent. Assos stuff is the real top of the range but i would say not actually worth it. Castelli is good gear as well. If you read most cycling forums they will advise buy the best shorts you can afford. Its like shoes and your leaba, don't scrimp - you spend a lot of time in them. But use this stuff - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Udderly-Smooth-Chamois-Chaffing-Butter/dp/B002DR4ISI

your problem will be solved.

I hope your right chief ;)...I just invested in a pair there £40...Hope I've got the size right as ordered them online.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

oakleafer

anyone bought a bike from plant x? Don't know a whole lot about bikes, but thinking about upgrading, and the Carbon Shimano Ultegra 6800 looks like good value?

DennistheMenace

You cyclists are a crazy bunch of bastards!

bennydorano

Quote from: oakleafer on July 03, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
anyone bought a bike from plant x? Don't know a whole lot about bikes, but thinking about upgrading, and the Carbon Shimano Ultegra 6800 looks like good value?
Yeah, I got that Ultegra deal last year, great value. I part traded mine in for a different yoke this year but i am considering getting another one, they are fantastically  light, probably  not stiff enough for racing but very sportive friendly . You should also check out Ribble for bikes, they have similar C2W targeted deals.

redzone

Who will win the tour this year lads. Anybody new to look out for,any Irish in it