FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50fiftyball

Took a last minute headstagger to head down to the game on Saturday and take the younger brother. Apart from Donedeal, the only tickets left through ticketmaster are right behind the goals, in the corner, or else upper tier east & west side.

Coming in at 120-170 euro for me and about 50 euro for him. Any recommendations on which of these positions to take? Or possibly if anyone has or knows of tickets!

AZOffaly

200 euro to go to an Ireland - Scotland qualifier? Good BeJaysus.

imtommygunn

Buy a season ticket next time - they're about 180 euros and nearly pay for themselves!!

Billys Boots

If you buy through the club-deals, the prices are about €70 and €20 - not sure if that deal is still available, probably not. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

illdecide

Dunno why people are thinking this will be a cracker...I  think it will be a boring draw (possibly 0-0) and I don't think Ireland will break Scotland down and Scotland will be happy with a draw. I hope i'm wrong though and i'd love either McGeady or McCarthy to score the winner. I think Shane Long is the key for this game and he needs to play up front with Robbie or in around him
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bingo

Some people (and in this case a lot of them) really need to have a look at themselves.

The media build up to this game seems to be on Johnny Giles not sitting on the panel for game! WTF. Even the Secondcaptains allowed it to dominate their build up yesterday evening. So what if someone doesn't get to talk before and after the match on RTE about it. We'll all survive if one of the 3 nodding puppies are missing and they don't get to agree with the others claim that Wes should win the Ballon D'or.

Saying that if Dunphy doesn't land drunk as a lord, throws the desk across the floor wearing a John Giles is God T-Shirt and justify it by saying that he "Loves football" and he's doing it for all the people in Ireland, like Liam Brady, John Giles, Henry Shefflin and Katie Taylor who all "love football".....I'll be very disappointed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 50fiftyball on June 11, 2015, 10:41:38 AM
Took a last minute headstagger to head down to the game on Saturday and take the younger brother. Apart from Donedeal, the only tickets left through ticketmaster are right behind the goals, in the corner, or else upper tier east & west side.

Coming in at 120-170 euro for me and about 50 euro for him. Any recommendations on which of these positions to take? Or possibly if anyone has or knows of tickets!

£70 for the All Ireland Hurling final.... 2 cracking games, full house, atmosphere electric, craic ninety and honest da feck sportsmen knocking their pan in for family friends clubs and counties... and your are willing to head down and watch what could be a 0-0 draw and ultimately no qualification in the end... deadication in the extreme..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 12, 2015, 10:20:15 AM

£70 for the All Ireland Hurling final.... 2 cracking games, full house, atmosphere electric, craic ninety and honest da feck sportsmen knocking their pan in for family friends clubs and counties... and your are willing to head down and watch what could be a 0-0 draw and ultimately no qualification in the end... deadication in the extreme..

I don't like making those comparisons. I'd happily pay €200 to watch a superbowl for example. Everyman to their own.

But maybe the next time you hear of people slating the GAA for being greedy with ticket prices, we should bear this in mind :)

imtommygunn

Ever the optimist MR. Have you heard of hope... As an antrim hurling fan you should know about it as well as anyone!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 12, 2015, 12:22:34 PM

Ever the optimist MR. Have you heard of hope... As an antrim hurling fan you should know about it as well as anyone!

Getting worse with age to Tommy, but yeah its different sports and whatever floats your boat.... been a while since I was at a EPL game but I think the tickets cost £45... how much for a Rugby international? Ravenhill costs 25 quid max for a decent game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Have never been to a rugby game in the aviva but think it would be round the 50 quid mark?

Myself and a few mates have season tickets for the ireland matches and it works out at 20-30 yoyo a game so not overly expensive. (although one is the fai cup final...)

I prefer the GAA but the soccer isn't bad either and generally a night out in dublin too.

Over the Bar

QuoteGetting worse with age to Tommy, but yeah its different sports and whatever floats your boat.... been a while since I was at a EPL game but I think the tickets cost £45... how much for a Rugby international? Ravenhill costs 25 quid max for a decent game

Hmm... Unless you are Peter Robinson,  watching Ulster games hardly qualifies as an International?!  The Autumn internationals (which are as close to a friendly as you'll get) in Lansdowne would set you back 70 euros!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: illdecide on June 11, 2015, 11:24:03 AM
Dunno why people are thinking this will be a cracker...I  think it will be a boring draw (possibly 0-0) and I don't think Ireland will break Scotland down and Scotland will be happy with a draw. I hope i'm wrong though and i'd love either McGeady or McCarthy to score the winner. I think Shane Long is the key for this game and he needs to play up front with Robbie or in around him

The last game was pretty tense and I'd imagine this will be much the same.  A draw would be a decent enough result for Scotland. Ultimately the biggest weakness in Strachan's Scotland team is the central defence and with Ireland throwing everything at it at Pairc Shepp Bhlatter I think there's a good chance that the 3 points will stay at home. Hopefully not though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 12, 2015, 08:36:17 PM
QuoteGetting worse with age to Tommy, but yeah its different sports and whatever floats your boat.... been a while since I was at a EPL game but I think the tickets cost £45... how much for a Rugby international? Ravenhill costs 25 quid max for a decent game

Hmm... Unless you are Peter Robinson,  watching Ulster games hardly qualifies as an International?!  The Autumn internationals (which are as close to a friendly as you'll get) in Lansdowne would set you back 70 euros!

You watched the last international?? And the closed game against N.I or boring as f**k... But hey its all about perceptions

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.