Recent posts

General discussion / Re: Car Insurance!!!!!
Last post by David McKeown - Today at 07:34:26 PM
Quote from: general_lee on Today at 07:06:38 PMAny men in here work in insurance?
Had someone hit my car in a carpark last month. He left a note and his number but there was no visible damage on my car, so I left it at that and text him telling him not to worry and thanks for being decent enough to leave a note. He never replied and thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to Friday there and I've my insurance company calling me asking me more questions than the RUC about an incident I didn't even witness and where no damage was caused. I told them as much, I asked would this affect my premium next year and couldn't get a straight answer. Conversation was made all the more difficult with it being someone for who English was not their first language. All I could get from her was that the incident was being recorded and when I went for renewal I could get better advice then.

Are the f**kers likely to increase the premium based on this? 

Yes my sister in law and I have both had something similar happen and it's resulted in big premium increases come renewal time. I'm sorry to say
General discussion / Re: The Many Faces of US Polit...
Last post by Itchy - Today at 07:22:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on Today at 02:49:00 PMWhoever that woman is, this type of speculation is what ends up with people getting hurt or worse.

No doubt there are internet "sleuths" busily trying to find out who she is and release her personal info. Next thing some deluded or deranged psycho could arrive at her house or place of work, looking to take the law into their own hands.

And the psycho could be from either the "false flag/inside job" OR the "liberal government/deep state conspiracy" ends of the spectrum.

Agreed, I hope her family aren't on gaaboard as it could be very distressing for them.
Last post by AustinPowers - Today at 07:16:00 PM
Are you sure it was definitely your  own insurance  company that phoned you? I've never had mine phone  me even if I've been in an  accident

Sounds a bit iffy.  Could  this be a new scam?
GAA Discussion / Re: All-Stars 2025
Last post by David McKeown - Today at 07:07:02 PM
Quote from: trileacman on Today at 01:40:18 PMMorgan really deserves one. Has been head and shoulders above the 8 keepers in the qfs in kick outs and outfield play.

Certainly in out field play but in terms of kick outs, Hughes accuracy and nous has been instrumental for Armagh. Don't see Morgan ahead on this metric
Last post by general_lee - Today at 07:06:38 PM
Any men in here work in insurance?
Had someone hit my car in a carpark last month. He left a note and his number but there was no visible damage on my car, so I left it at that and text him telling him not to worry and thanks for being decent enough to leave a note. He never replied and thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to Friday there and I've my insurance company calling me asking me more questions than the RUC about an incident I didn't even witness and where no damage was caused. I told them as much, I asked would this affect my premium next year and couldn't get a straight answer. Conversation was made all the more difficult with it being someone for who English was not their first language. All I could get from her was that the incident was being recorded and when I went for renewal I could get better advice then.

Are the f**kers likely to increase the premium based on this? 
General discussion / Re: The Many Faces of US Polit...
Last post by Tony Baloney - Today at 06:43:08 PM
Have the conspiracy theorists moved on from Jay Slater being kidnapped by the cartel now that his body has been found after most likely a fall.
General discussion / Re: Movie recommendations
Last post by Tony Baloney - Today at 06:40:12 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 10:25:29 AMI thought the new Beverley hills cop movie was rubbish.
Judge Reinhold has gone ott on the botox which didn't help.

It was all a bit too simplistic, but I suppose from a nostalgia point of view, it'll get the viewers.
I thought he was Mickey Rourke when he first appeared!
General discussion / Re: Euro 2024
Last post by Milltown Row2 - Today at 06:34:53 PM
Long season for all those players...

England got a handy draw as things panned out, that lead them to a team with a higher ranking which ultimately beat them.

Said before, this is nowhere near the best English team for many a year.

Not sure if Southgate will do anything in the PL
General discussion / Re: Euro 2024
Last post by Capt Pat - Today at 06:17:23 PM
Foden, Kane and Bellingham were all way below par and the question is why? Was it the long seasons they all played or injurues they carried into the tournament?
GAA Discussion / Re: All Ireland Final Armagh v...
Last post by JoG2 - Today at 06:04:01 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on Today at 05:12:05 PM
Quote from: maddog on Today at 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 04:37:56 PMSeen somewhere that only 13k tickets to each county? Surely not right is it?

Always starts like that then 2nd allocation usually on the Thursday

Have had the season ticket for the last few years, and seriously pondered whether to get it again at the start of this year, as the benefits seemed to be getting less with having one.  Thankfully I did get it again, and at last get the serious benefit of an All Ireland Final ticket.  You have to have purchased tickets for at least 6 championship games before the final to be eligible.

Jump through hoops and they'll be thousands there taking in their first and last game of the year