FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on February 18, 2018, 08:36:42 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on February 18, 2018, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: cornetto on February 18, 2018, 07:11:08 PM
midfield is a problem area for Galway at the minute and I'm afraid after today we still are in trouble.

Ronan Steede is an extremely mobile midfielder and is an excellent kick passer of the ball, with Corofin getting to the final now it's probably going to curtail any chance to get into the team though.
He doesn't win ball in the air though.
He could get into the squad on the basis of there not being much depth in terms of backup for midfield.
Ciaran Duggan is miles off county standard.

He breaks ball rather than catching it clean usually, can win his fair share though. It's more his usage of the ball, how comfortable he is on the ball and his kick passing is brilliant. He put it some shift yesterday, I'd say he covered every blade of grass in Tullamore. Agreed on Duggan, he had a great year with Annaghdown but I think he's out of his depth now.

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2018, 08:14:47 PM
And if Heaney had blasted a fourth goal instead of a point we probably wouldn't have managed it.
Entertaining meaningless game but sure twas nice to win it.
Always good to bate your bigger neighbours and hopefully we do likewise in June whichever if them well be playing.
Wonder how many of today's 40 or so players will send Summer action?

Rossie arrogance at full throttle I see  ;)

Orchard park

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 18, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2018, 08:14:47 PM
And if Heaney had blasted a fourth goal instead of a point we probably wouldn't have managed it.
Entertaining meaningless game but sure twas nice to win it.
Always good to bate your bigger neighbours and hopefully we do likewise in June whichever if them well be playing.
Wonder how many of today's 40 or so players will send Summer action?

Rossie arrogance at full throttle I see  ;)

Don't think predicting a defeat of new york or perhaps leitrim can countenance as arrogance

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Duine Eile on February 18, 2018, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 18, 2018, 08:36:42 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on February 18, 2018, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: cornetto on February 18, 2018, 07:11:08 PM
midfield is a problem area for Galway at the minute and I'm afraid after today we still are in trouble.

Ronan Steede is an extremely mobile midfielder and is an excellent kick passer of the ball, with Corofin getting to the final now it's probably going to curtail any chance to get into the team though.
He doesn't win ball in the air though.
He could get into the squad on the basis of there not being much depth in terms of backup for midfield.
Ciaran Duggan is miles off county standard.

He breaks ball rather than catching it clean usually, can win his fair share though. It's more his usage of the ball, how comfortable he is on the ball and his kick passing is brilliant. He put it some shift yesterday, I'd say he covered every blade of grass in Tullamore. Agreed on Duggan, he had a great year with Annaghdown but I think he's out of his depth now.

From the games against Castlebar down the years Steede has struggled aerially against Barry Moran but he given how FOC & Flynn have performed in the middle the last few years you'd think he deserves a chance. Look at Ian Burke, has been consistently overlooked and not given a chance yet aged 24 put back to back very impresssive displays against Donegal & Kerry last July.

I thought Powers kickouts were of far better quality than Lavelle's, has the ability to change direction just as he's about to kick it out too something which Lavelle can't do.

Thats a huge blow for Roscommon with Mullolly going to the states, was very impressed with him against Mayo the first game last summer.

Rossfan

And Niall McInerney dropping out for the rest of the NFL to concentrate on his studies.
2 more victims of being amateurs in what is in effect a Professional sport.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2018, 10:56:20 AM
And Niall McInerney dropping out for the rest of the NFL to concentrate on his studies.

All the best to Mul and Niall Mc in their exams.

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2018, 10:56:20 AM

Niall McInerney is hardly a victim . hes doing the right thing for himself and his future.
The  team if any one are the victim here but ill try and not lose any sleep over that
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cunny Funt

Not good news for Roscommon to lose two good individual defenders in McInerney,Mullooly but study,career and some time off is needed for young fellas and would be foolish for any manager to stand in their way. I presume Ultan Harney had another injury setback. He played no part in the game yesterday even though he was named to start? if at all possible Roscommon need a player of his quality fit and in form.

5-28 scored in the final the few that attended got their moneys worth however i can imagine it will be the last FBD Connacht league final played in February.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 19, 2018, 12:45:04 PM
Not good news for Roscommon to lose two good individual defenders in McInerney,Mullooly but study,career and some time off is needed for young fellas and would be foolish for any manager to stand in their way. I presume Ultan Harney had another injury setback. He played no part in the game yesterday even though he was named to start? if at all possible Roscommon need a player of his quality fit and in form.

5-28 scored in the final the few that attended got their moneys worth however i can imagine it will be the last FBD Connacht league final played in February.

Harney warmed up fine. Precautionary. No reason to risk him in the fecking FBD.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on February 19, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

Why name him then. He has a slight strain again but nothing serious I'm told

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on February 19, 2018, 11:00:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 19, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

Why name him then. He has a slight strain again but nothing serious I'm told

Team was named on Wednesday..

Blowitupref

The FBD league becomes a knock out competition next year.

First named team at home

Preliminary round Sunday 6th Jan

Leitrim v Mayo

Semi finals Sunday 13th Jan

Galway v Leitrim or Mayo
Roscommon v Sligo

Connacht U17 championship for 2019 will remain a Round Robin format but a slight change in that the team that tops the group qualifies for Final. 2nd & 3rd Teams qualify for a Semi Final and 4th & 5th Teams qualify for B Final

Round 1          `                               Round 2

Leitrim  v   Mayo                              Galway  v  Sligo                                                                                                     

Roscommon  v  Galway                     Mayo   v  Roscommon

Sligo Bye                                         Leitrim Bye

Round 3                                                Round  4

Roscommon  v  Leitrim                           Mayo  v  Galway

Sligo  v  Mayo                                        Leitrim  v  Sligo

Galway  Bye                                          Roscommon  Bye

Round 5   

Sligo   v  Roscommon

Galway  v Leitrim

Mayo Bye

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

So it's hardly the Connacht FBD LEAGUE any more?
Agree with the tweak in the Minor format -there should be some reward for topping the table.
Only downside might be a semi final winner with an intense knock out game under their belt.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Will the FBD final be in a neutral venue? Or will it be played in Bekan?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 26, 2018, 09:25:04 PM
Will the FBD final be in a neutral venue? Or will it be played in Bekan?

FBD league matches have always been played home/away when counties play each other. Don't now why you think that would change.

If it's a Ros-Mayo final it will be in McHale Park seven days before both teams meet at the same venue in the league as this year's match was in the Hyde.