AFL 2011

Started by Never beat the deeler, March 25, 2011, 07:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

First game of the new season - Aerlik's beloved Dockers vs my beleaguered Lions!

Its going to be a long season for the Lions fans, however I think they can get off to a good start. The evergreen Simon Black and Jonathan Brown will again have to shoulder most of the burden this year after the disaster that was Draft '10

Dockers are notoriously poor travellers, so hopefully we can start the year off the bottom of the table, although we will probably end up pretty close to the wrong end   :-\
Hasta la victoria siempre

Tubberman

How's Pearce Hanley looking for this season? Will he be in the reckoning for a first-team start?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

How are Hawthorns set up for this year lads, used to follow them when I was over in Australia, liked Brissy as a second team.

First game seems to be the Crows, actually kinda had a soft spot for the Adelaide lads too. So its an away game start in South Australia.

Hawthorns Fixture List.
ADELAIDE
MELBOURNE
RICHMOND
WEST COAST EAGLES
GEELONG CATS
BYEPORT
ADELAIDE
ST KILDA
SYDNEY SWANS
WESTERN BULLDOGS
FREMANTLE
GEELONG CATS
GOLD COAST
ESSENDON
COLLINGWOO
DBRISBANE LIONS
BYE
MELBOURNE
FREMANTLE
NORTH MELBOURNE
PORT ADELAIDE
CARLTON
WESTERN BULLDOGS
GOLD COAST
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Never beat the deeler

Hanley had a v good year last year after an injury-disrupted 2009. He started the year off in the reserves, and won a couple of Best-on-ground awards. By the end of the season he was back with the senior side and played the last few games.

Hopefully he can push on and make himself a permanent fixture. Those that know a lot more than me about the game reckon he has v good ball skills, exceptionally so for someone who took up the game so late a stage.

As for the Hawks, I think they will go alright this year - they've been keeping pretty quiet but I reckon Buddy Franklin is in for a massive year and could kick 100 goals.
Hasta la victoria siempre

SLIGONIAN

Aerlik will be happy with fremantles 2pt win, Collingwood looking good with 75pt hammering of port, Geelong squezed past kilda, carlton good win, glad its back on, love this game.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hardy

That's brilliant. I don't know why we don't allow that in our game. It's spectacular.

Aerlik

Not a bad catch when all is said and done but it was a one-on-one.  There have been some spectacular pack mark speckys this season.  Check out Natinoui (sp?) for Wet Toast v. Carlton.  Also there is a young lad playing for fremantle called Nat Fyfe.  This lad is on his way to superstardom.  Unbelievable hands, vision and can kick goals.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

DrinkingHarp

Anyone watching the Grand Final?

Magpies on a tear now, even first half.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Brian Hawkins can in as a sub for an injured player and turned the game around for Geelong in the 2nd half.

Geelong wins by 38.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ballinaman