TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

So Line of Duty is back.

Thoughts?

Enjoyed it and was very much a scene setter with some pointed change from end of last season. No big Wow moments but can see why it 7 episodes with last nights not moving at rapid pace.

Highlight was "hould your whist"  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: Louther on March 22, 2021, 10:04:39 AM
So Line of Duty is back.

Thoughts?

Enjoyed it and was very much a scene setter with some pointed change from end of last season. No big Wow moments but can see why it 7 episodes with last nights not moving at rapid pace.

Highlight was "hould your whist;D

would the GB audience need subtitles for phases like that I wonder   ;D

LOD points you to one dodgy suspect and then the twist comes later when we find out there's someone else pulling the strings.

Same plotlines seem to be developing again.

nrico2006

Quote from: johnnycool on March 22, 2021, 10:23:20 AM
So Line of Duty is back.

Thoughts?

Highlight was "hould your whist;D

would the GB audience need subtitles for phases like that I wonder   ;D

LOD points you to one dodgy suspect and then the twist comes later when we find out there's someone else pulling the strings.

Same plotlines seem to be developing again.

Shows have become predictable by trying to become unpredictable.  Highlight someone as the bad guy and then suddenly there is a twist and the least likely is actually the bad guy.  Obviously now that I write this, I know rightly that in 6/7 weeks we will find out that she was in fact the baddie.

I actually cringe at some of these wee sayings they make Dunbar come out with, going out of his way for trending one liners. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 16, 2021, 02:33:08 PM
I gave up on it after four or five episodes.  Gleeson is great as usual, but the show had nothing else going for it IMO.

Finished out the first season.

I enjoyed it. Its no Sopranos or Breaking Bad, but a good show overall. Gleeson is brilliant! I'll definitely check out the second season.

Norf Tyrone

So Line of Duty is back.

Thoughts?

Highlight was "hould your whist"  ;D

I enjoyed it. However I thought some of the acting was woeful and the show didn't look the same. I am not sure if it's the fact it was filmed during lockdown.

On a similar theme. Does anyone watch Unforgotten on ITV? I think it's as good as LOD. The writing and acting are superb.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

An Watcher

Really enjoyed Lupin on netflix, looking forward to season two

pbat

Quote from: An Watcher on March 23, 2021, 07:15:44 PM
Really enjoyed Lupin on netflix, looking forward to season two

Thought it was excellent

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2021, 05:58:37 PM
I gave up on it after four or five episodes.  Gleeson is great as usual, but the show had nothing else going for it IMO.

I enjoyed it. Its no Sopranos or Breaking Bad, but a good show overall. Gleeson is brilliant! I'll definitely check out the second season.
Brendan's exaggerated Dublin persona did irritate me, he over-eggs it to taxi driver depths. He's a perfectly naturally aspired Dub, complete with a pleasant Dublin accent. i think he should have gone with that, just as Gabriel Byrne sounds the same on film as he does day to day.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2021, 05:58:37 PM

Oh good.  Glad you didn't pay attention to me!

Tony Baloney

Watched the first episode of The Flight Attendant. Seems promising.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2021, 10:52:28 PM

Halfway through... it's intense and slick and funny in parts I'm enjoying it though and the wife as well so that's always a bonus!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2021, 11:03:28 PM

Halfway through... it's intense and slick and funny in parts I'm enjoying it though and the wife as well so that's always a bonus!!
It's actually better than promising, it is very good and Kaley Cuoco is fantastic in it. I was ready for episode 2 but Mrs. Baloney took herself to bed and I was told not to watch it!

lurganblue

Onto the second series of Snowpiercer on Netflix. I believe there is a film but I've never seen that.  Still couldn't tell you if i'd go as far to recommend it but it's easy enough viewing.  A decent concept.  I have a feeling that it could become quite stale after a while...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 25, 2021, 09:37:49 AM
Onto the second series of Snowpiercer on Netflix. I believe there is a film but I've never seen that.  Still couldn't tell you if i'd go as far to recommend it but it's easy enough viewing.  A decent concept.  I have a feeling that it could become quite stale after a while...

Its fine, I'm not diving into it like others shows I'm watching but I think I'm up to date on it

I'm on the last one of Sense8

The concept is brilliant and so well acted, but the other story in it, could have been a better storyline to it. But its got enough nudity in it ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2021, 11:21:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2021, 11:03:28 PM

It's actually better than promising, it is very good and Kaley Cuoco is fantastic in it. I was ready for episode 2 but Mrs. Baloney took herself to bed and I was told not to watch it!

This why myself and the other half rarely watch stuff together. I can run through 3 or 4 episodes at the drop of a hat while one episode does her..... In fact if it was a lazy night in front of TV she'd watch single episodes of multiple different series back to back driving me insane  :o My poor wee brain can't compute more than one cliffhanger at a time.

Probably should have posted this on the what grinds your gears thread....