NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Armagh 5 up at half time. Tipp down to 14

Erne Man

Great win for Fermanagh in Letterkenny - came from 5 down, to win by 3.

J70

Donegal, 4 points up at HT, proceed to lose by 3 to Fermanagh.

Good old Letterkenny!

spuds

Quote from: J70 on February 24, 2019, 03:44:06 PM
Donegal, 4 points up at HT, proceed to lose by 3 to Fermanagh.

Good old Letterkenny!
Donegal finished with 13.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

Well done Fermanagh. Hope they push on and get promoted.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Erne Man on February 24, 2019, 03:43:44 PM
Great win for Fermanagh in Letterkenny - came from 5 down, to win by 3.

Wow, savage result

Owen Brannigan

Still a very tight table......

thejuice

Yeah all that can change in the next three games. We'll have to be at our best for the next few weeks. The only thing might be if we win the next two we might not need a win against Fermanagh to go up.

We have a few injuries from last night that might not clear up by Sunday so we could be without the 2 McEntees, Brennan and O'Sullivan. That will really hurt our chances if at least three of them aren't fit next weekend.

That said we owe Kildare some beatings for the last few results so I hope the lads are fit and fired up to deliver.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Throw ball

Was disappointed in Tipperary today. Most of their scores were frees and Armagh were in control for most of game. The sending of didn't help. To be fair to Jamie Clarke he made nothing of the punch in the ribs - the crowd reacted and it was right in front of linesman.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Throw ball on February 24, 2019, 09:27:13 PM
Was disappointed in Tipperary today. Most of their scores were frees and Armagh were in control for most of game. The sending of didn't help. To be fair to Jamie Clarke he made nothing of the punch in the ribs - the crowd reacted and it was right in front of linesman.

We were a wee bit nonplussed by the sending off and thought it had something to do with the tackle on Aidan Forker, just prior to the red card being shown. Agree with your point about Tipp - they cannot have scored too many from play, although their free taking was excellent. It's rare I say this, but Armagh never looked remotely like losing that game, once the Tipp lad was sent off and that led to a very lethargic performance for the rest of the match where a lot of Armagh's play was ponderous in the extreme, with slow build up, misplaced passes and awful shot selection. The final whistle was met with relief. 

tonto1888

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 25, 2019, 08:01:04 AM

We were a wee bit nonplussed by the sending off and thought it had something to do with the tackle on Aidan Forker, just prior to the red card being shown. Agree with your point about Tipp - they cannot have scored too many from play, although their free taking was excellent. It's rare I say this, but Armagh never looked remotely like losing that game, once the Tipp lad was sent off and that led to a very lethargic performance for the rest of the match where a lot of Armagh's play was ponderous in the extreme, with slow build up, misplaced passes and awful shot selection. The final whistle was met with relief.

He punched Clarke. As the person above said Clarke made nothing off it. In his OTB interview the guy was asking him about his sending off against Clare. Clarke said he wouldn't ever make a meal of anything on the pitch and to be fair to him he didn't. Some players may well have gone down

illdecide

I agree Rufus, it's been a long time from i was at an Armagh match where I kinda knew from early on that Armagh would win that match comfortably. The sending off don't think would have made no difference to the result.
Fermanagh have almost certainly threw the cat among the pigeons by beating Donegal, I believe Armagh are there on Sat nite (correct me if i'm wrong) and that's now a real 4 pointer. If Armagh beat Donegal they can win their last two games but our record against Donegal recently is brutal so not holding much hope plus the game will almost certainly be in Ballybofey where Donegal seldom lose. Tight division all the same and will go down to the last game for both relegation and promotion (except Cork who look doomed, sorry Cork men but that's how it looks)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on February 25, 2019, 09:31:46 AM

I agree Rufus, it's been a long time from i was at an Armagh match where I kinda knew from early on that Armagh would win that match comfortably. The sending off don't think would have made no difference to the result.
Fermanagh have almost certainly threw the cat among the pigeons by beating Donegal, I believe Armagh are there on Sat nite (correct me if i'm wrong) and that's now a real 4 pointer. If Armagh beat Donegal they can win their last two games but our record against Donegal recently is brutal so not holding much hope plus the game will almost certainly be in Ballybofey where Donegal seldom lose. Tight division all the same and will go down to the last game for both relegation and promotion (except Cork who look doomed, sorry Cork men but that's how it looks)

Yes Saturday night. Hotel booked and all

FermGael

Fantastic result yesterday.
Fermanagh deserved the win and had too much for Donegal in the second half.
Defensively we were excellent and Donegal only scored twice from frees in the second half.
Our attacking play is improving. 
From last years team we are missing Seamie, the Corrigan brothers, Barry Mulrone and Michael Jones plus Eoin Donnelly out injured.  Rory as unearthed a few gems.  Cassidy at corner back, Kelm as wing half back and Ciaran Corrigan at wing half forward.
Donegal being reduced to 14 so early helped our cause. 
The black card for verbal abuse to the Donegal corner back was also crucial .  Did it in front of the linesman so he can have no complaints.
Donegal lacked real leadership in the second half.  Seemed to run out of ideas up front.  Fermanagh got on top of the kick outs by pushing up.  Donegal keeper then resorted to thumping it long which suited Fermanagh as we won the majority of midfield and break ball.
Clare up next. 
If results go our way next weekend then we could be in a very strong position to go up.
We have beaten the two promotion favourites in the league this year.
We have Armagh away and Meath away to play after Clare so 2 points is crucial this weekend.
Hopefully Meath can push on and leave the last game a dead rubber for them.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Quote from: FermGael on February 25, 2019, 09:54:35 AM
Fantastic result yesterday.
Fermanagh deserved the win and had too much for Donegal in the second half.
Defensively we were excellent and Donegal only scored twice from frees in the second half.
Our attacking play is improving. 
From last years team we are missing Seamie, the Corrigan brothers, Barry Mulrone and Michael Jones plus Eoin Donnelly out injured.  Rory as unearthed a few gems.  Cassidy at corner back, Kelm as wing half back and Ciaran Corrigan at wing half forward.
Donegal being reduced to 14 so early helped our cause. 
The black card for verbal abuse to the Donegal corner back was also crucial .  Did it in front of the linesman so he can have no complaints.
Donegal lacked real leadership in the second half.  Seemed to run out of ideas up front.  Fermanagh got on top of the kick outs by pushing up.  Donegal keeper then resorted to thumping it long which suited Fermanagh as we won the majority of midfield and break ball.
Clare up next. 
If results go our way next weekend then we could be in a very strong position to go up.
We have beaten the two promotion favourites in the league this year.
We have Armagh away and Meath away to play after Clare so 2 points is crucial this weekend.
Hopefully Meath can push on and leave the last game a dead rubber for them.

Fair play Fermgael, didn't expect this from Fermanagh but in saying all that I knew they were capable of it after last summer beating Armagh and Monaghan which was no fluke...I'm sure you won't mind me saying this but u lot are poison to play against... ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch