Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Next season will take of itself.

If United fans were given 2 cup finals and CL place secured this season they would have taken that all day, every day.

Let ETH now sort the squad out and if what I have been reading is even close to right he is heading in the right direction especially in terms of those heading for the doors.

Cup final out of the way, take over out of the way and a bit more clarity in terms of budget for the manager and let him do it.

Blowitupref

Quote from: statto on May 31, 2023, 10:34:16 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 31, 2023, 10:10:30 AM
No Striker this weekend unless we are still classifying Weghorst as a professional footballer. Martial pulled his hamstring in the appreciation lap at OT which is an indication of the amount of running and effort he put in all year.

If ETH wins two cups in his first year with this squad of shite he deserves the freedom of Manchester and his own statue.

United have got lucky that liverpool and chelsea have been way of the pace.  In the cup competitions, they draws have been incredibly kind all home games in both competitions to the semi final stage win one semi against a team just promoted and trying to stay up and the other on a penalty shoot out.  ETH has done a good job, but to say he deserves the freedom of Manchester is stretching it.  This isn't a Leicester 2016 story they have the biggest wage bill in the league ffs.

Statue no but has been a big improvement on the season before. Last season United was knocked out of the domestic cup competitions at home by West Ham and championship Middlesbrough.

From 6th place in league and 58 points to this season 3rd and 75 points and 70 points most seasons is normally enough for a top finish.

As for wages, United have a lot of averages players getting over paid  it hasn't made them better players more difficult to ship them out when on such wages.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Mason Mount? I suppose he's better than Fred
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 01, 2023, 12:42:16 AM
At what?

Anything...

I'm not sure what Fred actually brings to the team.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

In fairness I think one of the reasons managers love Mount is that he does seem to be tactically sound. I'm sure EtH has a role for him. If United get Kane it is a game changer.

Even with Poch I think Chelsea will be chaos. Liverpool still need players to be fully on form all year to do damage.
Unless they splash out a bit their squad isn't comparable to others.

Aresenal have so many young players who are getting better and more consistent but PSG are sniffing around Saliba. Either way they need more depth at the back.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Cunny Funt

62nd game of the season ends with expected FA Cup final defeat, City certainly deserved their win though could easily have been 2-2 with the big chance on 92 mins.  City's goals on 12 seconds and from their first shot of the 2nd half was Fred and Eriksen switching off and DeGea too slow to react on the 2nd goal.   Without 4 players due to injury that would have featured today didn't help matters and when you are bringing on Mctominay,Weghorst to rescue the match it highlighted how short United are on options and need a big transfer window this summer.

Turf

From the Bunker

Nice to see Ferguson present to witness history. A history that he said would never happen in his lifetime!

snoopdog

Fergie was sitting beside his buddy glazer. Ferguson isas much to blame as they are for the fiasco that is utd.  His ego and supposed horse ownership

Kidder81

Quote from: snoopdog on June 03, 2023, 05:30:52 PM
Fergie was sitting beside his buddy glazer. Ferguson isas much to blame as they are for the fiasco that is utd.  His ego and supposed horse ownership

Ferguson isn't going to rock the boat with his current cash cow the Glazers

AustinPowers

The goalkeeper was   the difference  yet again .

Need a new goalkeeper. and a striker . That's the absolute Minimum. , but  the most important  replacements needed

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 03, 2023, 05:34:19 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 03, 2023, 05:30:52 PM

Ferguson isn't going to rock the boat with his current cash cow the Glazers

18 years of the Glazers now!

gawa316

My oul boy said Fergie gets 200k or so a week from Utd...that can't be true is it? What was with the bucket hats?

snoopdog

Quote from: gawa316 on June 03, 2023, 06:37:57 PM
My oul boy said Fergie gets 200k or so a week from Utd...that can't be true is it? What was with the bucket hats?
Unfortunately it's true.