London 14/1

Round 1 fixtures

Saturday 28th

Wexford v London
Carlow v Wicklow

Sunday 29th

Leitrim v Waterford
Sligo v Laois

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

When was the last time that Sligo and Wicklow had managers from the same club?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sligoman2

Very disappointing to see only one Tourlestrane player on the county panel.  Hopefully some will be drafted/will agree to join as the league progresses.  Having said that, this is overall a very young panel which bodes well for the future and a good few of the U21 connacht winning team in there.  Tough first game for us v Laois.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 19, 2023, 03:39:25 PM
Very disappointing to see only one Tourlestrane player on the county panel. Hopefully some will be drafted/will agree to join as the league progresses.  Having said that, this is overall a very young panel which bodes well for the future and a good few of the U21 connacht winning team in there.  Tough first game for us v Laois.
Unfortunately that has become a rather famiiar tale for the last few years now. It is remarkable that a team that has been so totally dominant in the county for the last decade or so is contributing so little to the county setup.

Big game on Sunday, you'd imagine Laois really should get promotion with little hassle but they've been in a bit of a rut over the last while so it mightn't be too easy to turn that around, and there are a few teams fancying a shot at getting out this time compared to the more predictable outcome that we had last year. Win that and we'll be in a good place, problem is you couldn't confidently bank on them beating any team, save maybe Waterford. The last game in Carrick is likely to be a crucial tie for one or both of the teams re the promotion race.

Farrandeelin

I can't believe Laois are in Division 4. Used always be a solid Div 2 team or so I thought.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rodney trotter

Enda Lynn the former Derry player named in the London team for the weekend.

twohands!!!

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 27, 2023, 03:01:13 PM
Enda Lynn the former Derry player named in the London team for the weekend.

33 years old I believe

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 26, 2023, 09:00:56 PM
I can't believe Laois are in Division 4. Used always be a solid Div 2 team or so I thought.
Derry were there not so long ago. They returned to D2 last year.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Good result for London away to Wexford. 1-9 each goal in the 4th minute of injury time

Carlow Wicklow a draw also 2-10 each.

laoislad

Good win for Laois in Sligo
0-11 to 2-11
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sligoman2

Quote from: laoislad on January 29, 2023, 04:11:34 PM
Good win for Laois in Sligo
0-11 to 2-11
Good away win for Laois indeed.  Our old habits of giving away the ball too easily returned and we got caught out a number of times.  Still hopeful that we can produce a better result the next day. Not the start we hoped for especially playing at home.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

One result tonight. Carlow 1-11 Waterford 0-10

Blowitupref

Unlaoised

Laois have had a good start but and in real transition and this division I think will be won by Sligo despite the 1sr day results
LAOIS ABÚ