Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

AustinPowers

The GAA  should insist on Rory Gallagher  wearing a   mask on the sideline.  That constant spitting  would  put you off  your dinner . 

marty34

I think Croke Park has a huge bearing on these games.

A huge difference in playing Dublin in Celtic Park compared to Croke Park.

Plus it's home to the Dubs. A huge advantage in that alone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: marty34 on April 02, 2023, 03:29:35 PM
I think Croke Park has a huge bearing on these games.

A huge difference in playing Dublin in Celtic Park compared to Croke Park.

Plus it's home to the Dubs. A huge advantage in that alone.

Nope, Parnell Park is the Dubs' home ground  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 02, 2023, 03:24:11 PM
FT Dublin 4-6 Derry 0-11.  The Dubs haven't gone away. Back to drawing board for Derry as if they defend like that in the championship it will be early exit for them.

Ten Scores in 70 minutes. A soft penalty and a flukey Goal. They still have a lot of work to do. As usual they will be hard beat at home!

oakleaflad

I wouldn't be overly worried about the defense. McKaigue and McEvoy to come back in. If we don't have them this year we won't win anything anyway.
Had hoped to see something a bit different tried going forward as we had nothing to lose today but I'm not sure we have it in us yet.

Walter Cronc

Injuries more than the result the biggest worry after that! Could be few men missing against Fermanagh

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 02, 2023, 03:24:11 PM
FT Dublin 4-6 Derry 0-11.  The Dubs haven't gone away. Back to drawing board for Derry as if they defend like that in the championship it will be early exit for them.
Funny one for the Dubs. 0-4 in the first half, 4-2 in the second half. A low number of scores on a perfect day for shooting,  and I think two of the goals came from missed point attempts.
Happy enough with the display apart from the shooting, which is obviously a critically important aspect of the game. Shooting like that against the decent teams in the championship would spell certain defeat

weareros

Derry need to develop a kicking game. Apart from Glass who can execute an incisive kick pass, they wear themselves out on a big pitch like Croke Park in how they move the ball and that will leave them struggling against top 4 teams. That said, has been a good year for Derry and they will hold their own in Div 1, and indeed would have this year too. Con will be a handful for any defence in that kind of form but Dublin like Kerry in this moment have huge room for improvement.

marty34

Quote from: weareros on April 02, 2023, 03:40:34 PM
Derry need to develop a kicking game. Apart from Glass who can execute an incisive kick pass, they wear themselves out on a big pitch like Croke Park in how they move the ball and that will leave them struggling against top 4 teams. That said, has been a good year for Derry and they will hold their own in Div 1, and indeed would have this year too. Con will be a handful for any defence in that kind of form but Dublin like Kerry in this moment have huge room for improvement.

Today, Dublin kicked the ball twice as much as Derry.

An Watcher

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 02, 2023, 03:29:14 PM
The GAA  should insist on Rory Gallagher  wearing a   mask on the sideline.  That constant spitting  would  put you off  your dinner .

On fairness to him I seen him wipe his nose on his sleeves today so it wasn't constant spitting

befair

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 02, 2023, 03:16:01 PM
Derry deserved that.
You're losing by 5 with 5 mins to go and you still play 14 men behind the ball. Pure dross
Inexplicable, but many teams seem to do it, even in injury time. If you're behind, you have to go and get the ball.

sam03/05

Dubs should have had another 3/4 goals
Should have won by about 10-12 points
Derry one way to play & that's it

Walter Cronc

Quote from: sam03/05 on April 02, 2023, 04:02:43 PM
Dubs should have had another 3/4 goals
Should have won by about 10-12 points
Derry one way to play & that's it

We'll see how that goes in the Ulster Semi

Quarterbackk

Derrys reluctance to kick the ball is killing them. Solo solo solo turnback. Might win ulster but won't count in Croke Park. Gallagher has learnt little from last year. Look at Dublin 3 kicks and the balls on the net.