Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

From the Bunker

Really, most of the Rangers (and Celtic) players don't know what can be misinterpreted from celebrations they do.

Most are young lads from another country with little or no knowledge of history/culture and just get caught up in the moment making a wild gesture.

paddyjohn

Lennon should be hunted down the road and be sharing the taxi with Lawell.. Operation down size has commenced. We have a squad who are far better than Rangers yet we've got found out twice this season against them. We are absolute dog meat. McGregor, Ajer & Forrest have all went back under Lennon. Time to go Lenny before the top tier is covered in those lovely banners again.

tonto1888

Football fans are so fickle aren't they

ned

Truth is Celtic were poor today and have been for past 3 weeks. That said, should have drawn that game. Apart from their goals they really had no other clear cut chances. Their second goal from the corner was a goal kick to us.
Commentary and analysis on Sky and radio was odd. Look at the highlights package and match stats and you will see a relatively even match.
This time last year they were even on points with us after beating us. Let's hope for a similar result at end of season.

Milltown Row2

Listened to it on five live, decent commentary I thought. The stats can be misleading at times, by all accounts from ones that watched it Rangers were the better team.

Should they win their match in hand it'll be an interesting run in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Rangers the better team. Momentum now with them and can see them winning the league. Celtic who have a far better squad in (lets face it) a farmer's league have been awful. No heart. No belief. No will to win. They should really have the league all but won at this stage. Celtic pay almost 60m on wages Rangers just over 20m. The fact Rangers are even close says everything. If I was a Celtic fan I'd be extremely worried.

marty34

Without stats, most important thing to look for is intent and aggression - Rangers dominated the game, very on the front foot from the first whistle.  You'd have thought at half-time, Lennon would have read the riot act for being too passive and expect a bit of fire at the start of the second half...but no, Rangers dominating again (away from home with a handful of supporters behind them).

There is a pattern emerging in games V Rangers - second best and being bullied out of it.  Then he comes out with usual...."we've got to be more...in games like this".  Too late - it's the same pattern in big games like this.  Celtic, before they play Rangers again, need to watch these 2 recent games back to back...without a break!!

Best thing now is to get knocked out of Europe and concentrate on 9iar.  As I said yesterday, this hopefully will focus Lawell's mind on splashing out on a few quality players in Jan.  NL talking about getting quality in - hopefully that's code to put pressure on Lawell.  Lennon knows what's at stake.

By the way, where is Sinclair these days - he'd be better than the young lad Johnson in games like this: experience, a bit of trickery and chips in with goals in important games. 

Milltown Row2

It's seems there is a fear of losing to Rangers which may be a mindset they are bringing into the games. They'd need the optimistic view of some of the posters on here before playing these games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2019, 09:40:57 AM
Listened to it on five live, decent commentary I thought. The stats can be misleading at times, by all accounts from ones that watched it Rangers were the better team.

Should they win their match in hand it'll be an interesting run in

The commentary and analysis on Sky was awful. They were creaming themselves at the thought of rangers beating Celtic. This wasn't like a game from the 90s where we battered them and lost 1-0. We weren't robbed (although the corner for second goal was contentious) and they weren't better than us other than possibly their apparent desire. We can play better than yesterday but I believe they are at maximum. Can they maintain it?

whitey

Celtic are a lot like the New England Patriots— great team with wholly unlikeable and obnoxious supporters

bannside

illdecide

The way i see it Celtic are a better team than Rangers but are lacking a bit of desire atm for some strange reason. Celtic have the more flare players but if you're in their faces and putting them under pressure they don't like it and put them off their game, this for me is the reason why we were beaten yesterday. Hunger and desire will win ten times out of ten against fancy Dan footballers who don't like to mix it up but let them have their own way and they'll tear you a new arse...(that's my opinion).

I think we need a LB (i would prefer JH to Bollingoli), we need a Centre Half and def need a striker. I've been saying this for a while (might be wrong as i don't see too many others criticising him) but i'm not convinced with Ajer and Leigh Griff seems to have lost everything. Hopefully after Christmas Jozo Simunovic will be fit, id like to see how he partners Christopher Jullien.
Hatem Abd Elhamed seems to be a hardy hoor and don't think if he'd have been playing he'd have shied away from any of it yesterday so to have them two defenders back in Jan will be priceless even though we Frimpong hasn't done much wrong TBH but is good competition. A left back and a striker is essential...buy quality.

Now the dust has settled and the angry head is away NL got his 3 subs spot on, the 3 that got hooked were the 3 worst players on the field so at least he got that right. Just a pity he didn't replace them earlier, it is a big wake up call for Celtic and 2-3 quality signings (no expense spared) should do enough but it'll be tight and the last two Derby matches will determine where the league goes in May not to mention the Scottish Cup as there is no doubt we'll meet them in the cup at some stage.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

under the bar

Quote from: trailer on December 30, 2019, 11:08:27 AM
Rangers the better team. Momentum now with them and can see them winning the league. Celtic who have a far better squad in (lets face it) a farmer's league have been awful. No heart. No belief. No will to win. They should really have the league all but won at this stage. Celtic pay almost 60m on wages Rangers just over 20m. The fact Rangers are even close says everything. If I was a Celtic fan I'd be extremely worried.

They've only dropped 8 points this season while Rangers have dropped 7.  How could they have the league all but won in those circumstances?

Applesisapples

Lennon got his team wrong. They played much better with N'ctham, Mikey Johnson was lost. Also thought the back 3 worked better. Gerrard has Lennon's number I fear.

bannside

100% we were out battled all over the pitch and that was the difference. Was exactly the same as three weeks ago in the BetFred. I put it up here before the game that Celtic have been playing dreadful stuff recently, getting away with it because of one nil or two one victories that papered over the dross!

Yet before the match yesterday Lennon was interviewed talking about how magnificent Celtic have been recently. He certainly wasn't watching the same mediocre as me that's for sure...and most of all that's what worries me most....that when you are so closely involved you dont actually see the wood for the trees.

But as long as Dermot Desmond has his finger on the pulse I'd be optimistic that this poor run of form will trigger a bit of spending in the places we need it most.