Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Compare all the feigning of injury and attempts to get men carded compared to the toughness of hurlers who don't lie down unless actually hurt!

tyrone08

Quote from: stringbean on August 05, 2018, 06:39:59 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 05, 2018, 06:35:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2018, 06:21:12 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 05, 2018, 05:33:25 PM
Joe mcquillan was a complete joke today. Never seen a more 1 sided display  in my life. Even the commentators asked how Donegal got a free at the end when colm was fouled.

Are you on the fuckin' windup?

First post and all!

Yes 1st post.....it happens when you post for the 1st time.

Mcquillian didn't black card McHugh which means Donegal wouldn't have scored the goal. He missed at least 1 if not 2 double hops which lead to scores. Last Donegal attach saw colm cavget fouled even commentators said it was a free out, mcquillian gave a free in. Please tell me what I have gotten wrong?

Your use of the English language?

Lol you know you have some one beat when they are correcting grammar. Bar a space I didn't puti n please enlighten me as to my mistakes.

dublin7

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2018, 06:51:28 PM
The histrionics and play acting was a joke today. Some of these Gaelic footballers should take a good look at themselves with the exaggeration and feigning injury. For a wannabe hard but Cavanagh does some amount of rolling on the turf but he's only one of many. Compared to the hurlingbthey are wimps.

Tyrone have been the masters of the dark arts for years. The Cavanagh brothers in particular have reached some serious lows in that department.

Having said that it's becoming just as common in hurling. A few Galway players went down like they'd been shot today after the slightest of touches to try and get players went off.

They've brought in suspensions for blatant diving in England for the football and it should be introduced here as well. The only problem with the GAA is enforcing the rule due to an antiquated and out of date rule book that sees so many clear suspensions overturned for farcicial/technical reasons

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2018, 06:55:53 PM
Compare all the feigning of injury and attempts to get men carded compared to the toughness of hurlers who don't lie down unless actually hurt!

Very true, it's a culture that is engrained in the game now and it's all teams that do it. It used to be the case that you would pretend that you weren't hurt even when you were in pain but that has long since disappeared.

Wildweasel74

There was a time when M Lyons hit u, u hit him bck, now u just lie down!

Throw ball

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2018, 07:01:19 PM
There was a time when M Lyons hit u, u hit him bck, now u just lie down!

If Mick Lyons hit you someone else had to hit him back because you weren't fit too !

red hander

Quote from: dublin7 on August 05, 2018, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2018, 06:51:28 PM
The histrionics and play acting was a joke today. Some of these Gaelic footballers should take a good look at themselves with the exaggeration and feigning injury. For a wannabe hard but Cavanagh does some amount of rolling on the turf but he's only one of many. Compared to the hurlingbthey are wimps.

Tyrone have been the masters of the dark arts for years. The Cavanagh brothers in particular have reached some serious lows in that department.

Having said that it's becoming just as common in hurling. A few Galway players went down like they'd been shot today after the slightest of touches to try and get players went off.

They've brought in suspensions for blatant diving in England for the football and it should be introduced here as well. The only problem with the GAA is enforcing the rule due to an antiquated and out of date rule book that sees so many clear suspensions overturned for farcicial/technical reasons

Did anybody get bitten?

Over the Bar

Enormous second half from Tyrone.  We must be doing something right when the Londonderry and Armagh bitches come on here start whining  Huge inferiority complexes from both. Brilliant to see them whine..... ;D ;D

WT4E

Didn't go to Ballybofey today due to the serious bad manners we received last day down their in the championship but I'd say the lads who did go really did enjoy it!!!!

Massive redemption for MOrgan - I was delighted for him after what happened that day and the abuse he got from the supporters - looks like he enjoyed it! :)

Jayop

McQuillin is simply awful. He rode Tyrone dry in the first half but in fairness we got the rub of the green a bit in the second. That free at the end for donegal was pure bizarre. I'd livewto know what he thinks he saw

trailer

Tyrone's fitness and bench got them over the line. Donegal had no answer in last 15. Felt Cavanagh was huge in the 2nd half, serious catch when Donegal lumped one into the square near the end. Lee Brennan is a serious baller. Great balance and feet. Harry Loughran just seems to score goals and what a crucial one it was. Tiernan McCann had a great game too.

McQuillan was just bad. Bad for both, indeed while Cavanagh could have walked, so could McHugh. Missed a lot of technical fouls too. His fitness lets him down.

Some feeling to have beaten Donegal in their own back yard.

cjx

Quote from: Aughafad on August 05, 2018, 05:19:22 PM
Joe mcquillan should never be allowed near a gaa pitch again
Now yer talking What a w@¥%er
5 Tyrone players clotheslined some not all yellow a series of stupid gormless panic decisions against both sides nearly wrecked a great game
but what about Lee Brennan?
The panic he spread and Peter Donnelly's work on conditioning physical
and mental won that with Brennan's drive, intelligence and free flowing skill.
All this DESPITE Mickey Harte! What is it with him and Lee The only thing I can think of
Is that Lee doesn't know the dickits of the Rosary off by heart! Nothing else could possbly
justify Lee's exclusion ( Maybe a word with Big Franny when he comes to Phoenix park or
Knock might be required? Like you know that Maradona fella?)

omaghjoe

Quote from: cjx on August 05, 2018, 09:23:04 PM
5 Tyrone players clotheslined some not all yellow a series of stupid gormless panic decisions against both sides nearly wrecked a great game
All this DESPITE Mickey Harte! What is it with him and Lee The only thing I can think of
Is that Lee doesn't know the dickits of the Rosary off by heart! Nothing else could possbly
justify Lee's exclusion ( Maybe a word with Big Franny when he comes to Phoenix park or

Ehhhhhh... Brennan has been out with a hamstring for a couple of months

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2018, 04:52:35 PM
I wonder will Micky Harte retire after this match

Post of the year!!  ;D  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

cjx

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 05, 2018, 09:32:04 PM
Quote from: cjx on August 05, 2018, 09:23:04 PM

Ehhhhhh... Brennan has been out with a hamstring for a couple of months

Brennan could have started against Dublin or at least came on early and
he should have started today and should have been a regular last season not just this one Again compared to soccer think Pele 1958