Author Topic: A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.  (Read 307142 times)

Armagh18

• View Profile
Re: A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.
« Reply #3690 on: October 16, 2022, 12:07:37 PM »
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/alliance-party-votes-against-call-25267176#l9b8qmx7w0f7pwn3nig

Posh Unionists.

They do have plenty of decent people involved. Hopefully this is a wake up call to them and to all voting for them.

AustinPowers

• View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: October 16, 2022, 12:34:48 PM »
If you can pull up where I said I enjoy it or happy enough funding it then go ahead. Knock yourself out.. Making stuff up that I said doesn't make your post any better..
I said you might enjoy it, no need to thank me for clarifying.

If you care to look then you'll see I've said I'm not a royalist, can I understand people who are? Yes they feel they want that head of state to be a monarch and are happy enough to pay for that, if there was an opt in or out for their contributions you will defo getting plenty of 'Royalist' opting out on the fly ;) so that they can save their money and spend it on other millionaires playing football
Fair play to you for understanding the royalist psyche, like I said I canít get my head round it - particularly people from working class backgrounds swooning over incredibly wealthy people that hate themÖ now adulation for millionaire footballers I find easy to understand, especially when many of the players themselves are from working class backgrounds; and unlike the Windsors footballers have actually earned their money, however overpaid they might be.

You prefer democracy, that's great, last time I heard this place was a democracy with voted in politicians (as useless as they are at present) but there is a big cohort that love that monarch thing and are willing to wave flegs at it, that's ok, it has no authority in policy making, just accept that in the UK there won't be an abolishment of that, certainly not in your tax paying or children's tax paying days
The UK is not a true democracy, a monarchy is the antithesis of democracy. You say the crown has no authority in policy making, you might want to read a little further into exactly what the English royal family are able to do in terms of interfering; and what they have done in the past when it comes to lobbying and vetting laws before they are passed.

Yeah , anyone  who thinks the royals have no power or  influence are extremely naive

AustinPowers

• View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: October 20, 2022, 04:56:41 PM »
Jimmy Nesbitt graffiti in Portrush  after he was  at the United Ireland debate.  Iím surprised it took so long

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-63325994

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 17, 2022, 11:11:06 AM »
There will never be a United ireland who in there right mind would pay to see their GP, the NHS blah blah blah. Oh wait

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 17, 2022, 11:12:29 AM »
There will never be a United ireland who in there right mind would pay to see their GP, the NHS blah blah blah. Oh wait
If the NHS is your argument against a United Ireland then you havent much of a leg to stand on these days!

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 17, 2022, 11:16:34 AM »
If the NHS is your argument against a United Ireland then you havent much of a leg to stand on these days!

Exactly it doesn't stop the idiots that keep insisting on using it as some sort of positive when it is clear to see that it has been on its knees for yrs esp in NI

AustinPowers

• View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 17, 2022, 12:11:42 PM »
I think the  inevitable deliberate disentegration of the nhs will hasten  support for a united ireland.  For all itís faults and struggles,  the nhs in terms of free* medical care is one less cost for people,  but if itís taken away then  itíll be the same as the south in terms of private health insurance for  a huge swathe of the population .

By the way ,  what would be the average cost of annual health insurance in the south for the average person?

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 17, 2022, 12:15:37 PM »
Read a good soccer analogy from a unionist perspective yesterday ref. the GFA and any border poll ...

Nationalism are playing the golden goal, unionism are defending the goal, nationalism only has to score once and the game ends. 

That pretty much sums up the current situation.

AustinPowers

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 17, 2022, 12:30:45 PM »
Read a good soccer analogy from a unionist perspective yesterday ref. the GFA and any border poll ...

Nationalism are playing the golden goal, unionism are defending the goal, nationalism only has to score once and the game ends. 

You could say Unionism has been  defending the goal since 1922.  Nationalism just couldnít get a sniff  of  the  ball until now

smort

• O.A.S.I.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 17, 2022, 12:35:26 PM »

You could say Unionism has been  defending the goal since 1922.  Nationalism just couldnít get a sniff  of  the  ball until now

And actually have more players on the pitch

Result = inevitable

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #3700 on: November 17, 2022, 12:56:32 PM »
I think the  inevitable deliberate disentegration of the nhs will hasten  support for a united ireland.  For all itís faults and struggles,  the nhs in terms of free* medical care is one less cost for people,  but if itís taken away then  itíll be the same as the south in terms of private health insurance for  a huge swathe of the population .

By the way ,  what would be the average cost of annual health insurance in the south for the average person?
You don't actually need private health Insurance but it saves a lot of waiting if you have a non lifethreatening ailment.
Cost of PHI.... like how much is a car.... depends on what you buy.
Cheapest with some private hospital cover  around  Ä700 to Ä850 for adults.
Dearest prob Ä5k.
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: November 17, 2022, 01:14:08 PM »

For decades Unionism had the referees on their side and they also had a numerical advantage. That numerical advantage has now gone and it is a level playing field. In the years ahead Unionism will be at a numerical disadvantage but instead of changing their tactics they simply retreat further into their hardline defensive shell. Rinse repeat.     

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: November 17, 2022, 03:15:09 PM »
Re the health thing, NI is much worse then England, and it is going down the tubes in recent years

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: November 17, 2022, 05:13:35 PM »

You don't actually need private health Insurance but it saves a lot of waiting if you have a non lifethreatening ailment.
Cost of PHI.... like how much is a car.... depends on what you buy.
Cheapest with some private hospital cover  around  Ä700 to Ä850 for adults.
Dearest prob Ä5k.

I have PHI for the fam and I am in the North. £80 odd a month.

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: November 17, 2022, 06:25:54 PM »