Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

In Paris at the weekend and wondering where would be the best place to watch France England game?

seafoid

Hands down is a weird phrase for skiing imo. Hands down and face down
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

No1

For the skiing experts!  Do you reckon someone with a serious fear of heights could cope with a skiing holiday?  Thinking of mountains, ski lifts etc.  Apologies for the stupid question!

PMG1

Quote from: No1 on December 07, 2022, 02:22:59 PM
For the skiing experts!  Do you reckon someone with a serious fear of heights could cope with a skiing holiday?  Thinking of mountains, ski lifts etc.  Apologies for the stupid question!
I would t be brilliant with heights myself but want skiing this year for the first time and it never bothered me, everything is white so you don't notice too much

seafoid

You end up looking at the mountains and there is no risk of falling out of the ski lift
Otherwise stick to the ground lifts.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

When I first went skiing (and it wasn't a car bonnet down a hill at home) heights weren't the issue on the ski-lifts, you've a bar in front of you, it's getting off the fecking things without getting milled on the head by it..

JimStynes

Where is a good warm place to go in February midterm. The Canaries is a ridiculous price for what it is. Was thinking Dubai but don't know much about the place. Any recommendations?

mouview

Quote from: JimStynes on December 09, 2022, 01:12:25 PM
Where is a good warm place to go in February midterm. The Canaries is a ridiculous price for what it is. Was thinking Dubai but don't know much about the place. Any recommendations?

Madeira?

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: mouview on December 10, 2022, 09:27:27 PM

Madeira?

Would also recommend Madeira, a great spot.

JimStynes

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 11, 2022, 12:05:02 AM

Madeira?

Not the warmest in February though

Saffrongael

Teachers eating out of bins and taking second jobs according to the teaching unions, and the boul Jim away to Dubai  ;)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JimStynes

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 11, 2022, 10:58:19 AM
Teachers eating out of bins and taking second jobs according to the teaching unions, and the boul Jim away to Dubai  ;)

I've a second job though 🤷🏽‍♂️

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JimStynes on December 11, 2022, 10:34:09 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 11, 2022, 12:05:02 AM

Madeira?

Not the warmest in February though
Thailand or UAE

JimStynes

Booked flights to Dubai earlier. Need to get a hotel sorted. Anyone any good recommendations of areas to stay in for 6 nights?

galwayman

Quote from: JimStynes on December 11, 2022, 08:43:36 PM
Booked flights to Dubai earlier. Need to get a hotel sorted. Anyone any good recommendations of areas to stay in for 6 nights?
Personally I prefer the Jumeirah Beach Residence area. Purely because there are plenty of places to eat etc within walking distance along The Walk and you are also right on Jumeirah Beach.
A friend of mine stayed around the La Mer area recently and liked it also.
Lots of people like the Palm - but it's a long way from other areas.
But lots of people happy to stay on Atlantis there for the duration of their holiday.
Expensive spot to stay tho