The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Dominated from start to finish.

Bobby just out of this world.

How did VAR not award a pen for the challenge on Matip?

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on September 14, 2019, 02:29:09 PM
Dominated from start to finish.

Bobby just out of this world.

How did VAR not award a pen for the challenge on Matip?
That was ridiculous, shouldn't have even needed VAR it was a clear a peno as you could have.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebuzz

Can't believe Liverpool are 5 points up on City and 1 up on goal difference. Hope they can keep it together for a good while to heap more pressure on them.

Have to hand it to Norwich. The son went over for his first Liverpool match today. Some experience.

J70

Quote from: thebuzz on September 14, 2019, 10:18:47 PM
Can't believe Liverpool are 5 points up on City and 1 up on goal difference. Hope they can keep it together for a good while to heap more pressure on them.

Have to hand it to Norwich. The son went over for his first Liverpool match today. Some experience.

Liverpool have an extremely tough run of matches coming up now.

I'll be amazed if they're still five points ahead by the time it comes to an end with the game against City.

supersub

Tough in what regard though?

If it's because they play Chelsea, Utd, Spurs in that time I wouldn't be overly worried. Not going to win every game and would be more concerned about 'silly' draws than matches against the 'bigger' teams. City aside, don't think too many of the top teams would trouble us at the moment, simply as they are all attacking minded and leaking goals.

J70

Quote from: supersub on September 15, 2019, 10:37:25 PM
Tough in what regard though?

If it's because they play Chelsea, Utd, Spurs in that time I wouldn't be overly worried. Not going to win every game and would be more concerned about 'silly' draws than matches against the 'bigger' teams. City aside, don't think too many of the top teams would trouble us at the moment, simply as they are all attacking minded and leaking goals.

Next seven league matches:

Chelsea (a)
Sheff Utd (a)
Leicester (h)
Man Utd (a)
Spurs (h)
Villa (a)
City (h)

Midweek game  just about every week too.

Like I said, I'll be very surprised if we go into that City game with a five point lead. Be very happy to be level with them, to be honest. Yes, Liverpool COULD beat all those teams (although our records against United and Chelsea suggest its unlikely), but with the Champions League games, I don't see the winning run lasting. Remember, there's f**k all room for dropped points these days if you want to win the league!

dec

LINE-UPS

Napoli v Liverpool (20:00 BST)

Liverpool:

Adrian,
Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson,
Henderson, Fabinho, Milner,
Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Wijnaldum, Lovren, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Kelleher.

I would have expected to see Wijnaldum instead of Milner but all the rest is predictable.

laoislad

And we go again...The 6 times patch looks good on the jersey  :D

yewtree

Looking good at half time if we could sneak one that would be a serious 3 points to get. The drive for back to backs is on but we need a goal soon.

Hound

Napoli are a very good side. We're not quite at it. Waiting for someone to make the killer pass.

Looks like Red Bull Salzburg are good too, so not necessarily a two horse group.

markl121

laoislad

If this ends in a draw you'd have to be happy enough with the point.
Could still go either way at this point though.
Adrian having a great night so far, some brilliant saves.

Harold Disgracey

Ridiculous decision to allow that penalty to stand.

imtommygunn

Not too fond of staying on their feet these boys.