Machines that gives you notes back for yer loose coppers

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 02, 2007, 03:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Anyone ever use those machines that gives you back notes for all your loose change? How trustworthy are they im sure it be very easy get ripped off by them
I have two of  the big Celebration chocolate sweets tins full of loose change and have no interest in pilling it all out on the floor to count and bag etc
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

give them to charity - they might take them off your hands, and you'd never miss them, although it wouldn't surprise me if the charity would tell you to keep it - too much hassle for them etc...

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 02, 2007, 03:52:22 PM
Anyone ever use those machines that gives you back notes for all your loose change? How trustworthy are they im sure it be very easy get ripped off by them
I have two of  the big Celebration chocolate sweets tins full of loose change and have no interest in pilling it all out on the floor to count and bag etc
They are ok if you happy loosing between 9.5% and 19 %
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Kerry Mike

I had the same issue recently, went to the banks and they would not count it so I gave a big bag and tin of coins to Trocaire in Cork, they have a counting machine and will issue a receipt if you need. There was €137 to my surprise in it so thats my good deed done for the next few months, and as Bogball says you dont miss them.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on May 02, 2007, 04:07:59 PM

Nearly 20% feck no,Im guessing there could be over a grand between the two tins
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 02, 2007, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on May 02, 2007, 04:07:59 PM

Nearly 20% feck no,Im guessing there could be over a grand between the two tins
Pay a young necce or nephew 20 - 30 to do it for you . Or if you know anyone in retail such as Dunnes , they have coin sorters.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Square Ball

In work we have jars on the tables for "Coppers for Kids" our charity committee come round  every so often and lift the money, they have raised a lot of money this way.

Give they away
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

magickingdom

told my nephew i'd give him 10% if he counted two loads i had... turned out to be E1,870!! he counted it in 3 hours so go with the min wage...

An Gaeilgoir

They dont give you money back...They give you a credit note for the shop that the machine is in!!!!