John O'Donoghue -& his expenses

Started by Maroon Heaven, October 06, 2009, 11:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Heaven

Made me laugh. There is a facebook group which started this morning trying to get enough members joined to force him to resign.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146748563594&ref=mf

Declan

Leave poor old John alone- Shure isn't he a great lad

heineken_on_tap

Time for poor old john to resign. This kind of thing is common place and there is a culture of taking advantages of expenses but this lad has gone completly over board. I could understand *some* of his expenses when he was Minister for tourism but his expense bills as Ceann Comhairle which seem to match up with race meetings is prettly shocking.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on October 06, 2009, 11:39:31 AM
Leave poor old John alone- Shure isn't he a great lad

.....as were the financial regulator, the chief exec's/chairmen of aib/boi/anglo , the FAS top execs and HSE top people .....or so the state executioners think - nothing has or will be done about them
yet we have bank bailouts and now nama that are costing a fecking fortune - enough to keep us afloat and generate a kick start to the economy and stop people losing houses - butthe taxpayer is the last rung on the food chain !
>:(

deiseach

I think he's toast. When you're setting up meetings to "make detailed proposals", you're trying to put off the inevitable.

Donnellys Hollow

He'll probably try to buy himself some time for another week. If the Greens pull the plug at the weekend then he's guaranteed another stint as Ceann Comhairle.

Healy-Rae, Tom Sheahan and Cosaí MacGearailt in Kerry South will be pushing hardest for his resignation because South Kerry will essentially become a 2 seater constituency at the next General Election because O'Donoghue gets automatically re-elected. The sad reality of parish-pump politics in Ireland is that O'Donoghue would more than likely top the poll next time round in Kerry South if he does resign or is pushed now.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donagh

So why are the opposition parties not baying for his resignation? Looks like they've all been at it.

Declan

QuoteSo why are the opposition parties not baying for his resignation? Looks like they've all been at it.

Exactly Donagh - Remember their willingness to discuss reform of the unvouched expenses system!!!

orangeman

John like FF are survivors - he'll stay his ground I'd say. Sure didn't he fly up from Kerry yesterday again ?  ;)

no mo do yakamo

I wonder if he is in a position to pay them back? :-X
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

Can't believe he hasn't gone yet. The man hasn't a shred of decency. I enjoyed his humiliation today in the Dáil. Sure he can get a free pint and a taxi from Shamrock Rovers any time, he'll be sound.

mylestheslasher

Yer being awful hard on poor auld John. Sure only last week me and Mrs Slasher went to town and bought curtains for the living room for €15,000 and they were so big we had to hire a stretch limo to bring us home. Mrs Slasher was so tired by the whole trip we had to go to the wellness spa in inchydoney to chill out for a week.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 06, 2009, 10:34:12 PM
Yer being awful hard on poor auld John. Sure only last week me and Mrs Slasher went to town and bought curtains for the living room for €15,000 and they were so big we had to hire a stretch limo to bring us home. Mrs Slasher was so tired by the whole trip we had to go to the wellness spa in inchydoney to chill out for a week.
I hope you kept receipts for everything? Was it your brother's limo firm and he charged you 10 grand for the week as opposed to the going rate of 2 grand? Sure as long as you've kept the receipt ;)

Treasurer

He has resigned, effective from next week.