what sport is the Art of striking a dead ball between 2 Posts the most difficult

Started by Maroon Heaven, January 29, 2009, 06:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Heaven

I am having this argument on a betting forum and I would be interested in your opinions...

There seems to be a toss up between American Football or Rugby... Am I blind in thinking that a Lighter small Ball in American Football makes it easier, then the Rugby Ball. I wouldn't even have American Football in the Top 3, (Rugby, Gaelic, Hurling)

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Gabriel_Hurl

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 29, 2009, 06:16:09 PM
Takes more skill to do it in Hurling without out a doubt IMHO

No Chance - Small Heavy Ball, Its only distance that makes it difficult

Maroon Heaven

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 29, 2009, 06:16:37 PM
I wouldnt have hurling in the top 3!

Why ???

Kicking a ball off the ground is one thing,but rising the ball off the ground and hitting it in mid air and still getting the direction right is much harder IMHO..
Jaysis even rising the ball is a skill in itself
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maguire01

The Real Laoislad

Why would American Football be a option?
Are all them kicks not straight in front of the posts?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

I don't play hurling but like everyone else I'm sure have a stick in the house. I would be confident of knockin it between the posts from 50 yards out. Definitely easier than the footballing equivilant.

Reported.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 29, 2009, 06:24:48 PM
I don't play hurling but like everyone else I'm sure have a stick in the house. I would be confident of knockin it between the posts from 50 yards out. Definitely easier than the footballing equivilant.

I doubt it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Actually Rugby would probably be tough enough,I have never tried it in Rugby but would probably be one of the toughest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

My ability or the fact that its easier?  I can hit a ball theres not a problem there. Strking a ball off the ground its something very few people can do.  You have much more control over something using your arms in comparison to your legs.

Reported.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 29, 2009, 06:24:48 PM

maybe you should change your name to sidelinepoc then..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

SidelineKick

f**k naw I couldn't hit a sideline in hurling, you're opening up a whole different can of worms!

Reported.