TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Anyone stick with taboo? I quite like it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Megaman

Quote from: square_ball on February 05, 2017, 04:58:05 PM
Anybody still watching suits since it's come back on? It's so shit now but going to stick with it as I really want it to get back to its better days. I can't see how it will yet.

is it really that bad, i love suits but havent had time to start watching the new series yet.

Gonna watch it anyway.

johnneycool

Quote from: bennydorano on February 21, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
Watched SAS - Rogue Warriors (3 episodes on BBC iplayer), very interesting. Concentrates on their formation and only deals with WW2 Activities. Paddy Mayne was certainly an interesting character / leader. Thinking of buying a Biography now.

The hero of Newtownards.

JoG2

Quote from: trileacman on February 21, 2017, 08:52:49 PM

Really enjoying it, great TV

Suits (mentioned above), the worse it's getting, still watching it though !

Watch a couple of episode's of The Grand Tour, must say, it's a good watch

Esmarelda

Yeah I'm about five episodes in. It's good enough but not great I think.

NAG1

Quote from: JoG2 on February 22, 2017, 12:31:09 PM

Really enjoying it, great TV

Suits (mentioned above), the worse it's getting, still watching it though !

Watch a couple of episode's of The Grand Tour, must say, it's a good watch

It was a slow burner to be fair, first couple of episodes took a bit of getting used too. It would be fair to say if you didnt like them on Top Gear you wouldnt like them on this either, but for me it is easy watching.

lurganblue

The walking dead is slow as f*ck at the minute.  It needs condensed into fewer episodes like game of thrones. Less filler, more thriller

nrico2006

Always been the way with this show, no need for it.  Could easily cut the 16 odd episodes down to ten and cut out all the shite thats in every season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2017, 12:17:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 21, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
Watched SAS - Rogue Warriors (3 episodes on BBC iplayer), very interesting. Concentrates on their formation and only deals with WW2 Activities. Paddy Mayne was certainly an interesting character / leader. Thinking of buying a Biography now.

The hero of Newtownards.

Was there talk around his death after he'd crashed his car, no one went to help him because of his bad repitation around the town?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Started the OJ story on Netflix last night. I was a bit too young at the time to appreciate the madness and magnitude of it but against the backdrop of the Rodney King killing I can understand how they let him off even though they shouldn't.

I read he's in jail for kidnapping and armed robbery at the minute. He must be a crazy bastard!

quit yo jibbajabba

Minder

The ESPN documentary OJ Made in America is great and I would recommend it to anyone that is interested in the story

It's about 8hrs
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on February 23, 2017, 10:10:30 AM
The ESPN documentary OJ Made in America is great and I would recommend it to anyone that is interested in the story

It's about 8hrs

It's on BBC iPlayer at the minute!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04st1yv/oj-made-in-america-part-1

Will watch it after I finish the Netflix one

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on February 23, 2017, 09:55:57 AM
Started the OJ story on Netflix last night. I was a bit too young at the time to appreciate the madness and magnitude of it but against the backdrop of the Rodney King killing I can understand how they let him off even though they shouldn't.

I read he's in jail for kidnapping and armed robbery at the minute. He must be a crazy b**tard!

Yes noticed this was on Netflix last night. I think it will be next on my list.  Still ploughing on through Power on Netflix. Decent show in fairness.

lurganblue

Oh and i recently watched The Seven Five documentary on Netflix too about the corrupt NYPD officer Michael Dowd in the 80s. Really good doc.  The ease of the corruption would make you think that it had to be (and i suppose still is) so common place.