Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on October 17, 2016, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 17, 2016, 07:03:09 AM
Tubber looking ominously good.

Didn't see it but heard Garry off the pace from the start?

Didn't see it either. The scoreline brought back memories of the hiding they gave us in the semi 2 years ago though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 17, 2016, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 17, 2016, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 17, 2016, 07:03:09 AM
Tubber looking ominously good.

Didn't see it but heard Garry off the pace from the start?

Didn't see it either. The scoreline brought back memories of the hiding they gave us in the semi 2 years ago though.
Yeah. They got a run on ye that day as well.

Farrandeelin

Intermediate Semis see Kiltimagh go through on a 1-12 to 2-8 win over Burrishoole. Shrule/Glencorrib and Westport have to do it all again after drawing 1-8 apiece.

galwayman

Conor & Trevor back with Shrule.

sinabhuil

Conor and Trevor did not play as registration not fully complete. Should be available for the replay. Could do with them. Whilst 2 Ronaldsons did well the smaller lighter forwards could not make any progress against a physically strong Westport side. Roundy had to move out to midfield in the second half. Shrule Glenc were well beaten in midfield in the first half. Keegan and Keane are two tanks of men. Keegan has massive pace. Shrule Glenc backs improved immensely in the second half. Dont think Westport scored from play in second half. Great game with a massive crowd. Half of South Mayo were there. I seen people from Ballinrobe, Holly, The Neale, Kilmaine, Clonbur and Tourmakeady.

ballinaman

Well done Knockmore, mighty.

maigheo

big win for Knockmore today with Robbie H missing a 45 to tie it up near the end of the game.

macdanger2

Super stuff from Knockmore. Well worth the 2 point win by the sounds of it

maigheo

Well worth the 2 point win but Breaffy seem to me to be poorly coached and look like a team that just came together before the game..Hard to see Knockmore coming within 6 or 7 points of Castlebar next week

macdanger2

Yeah, Castlebar will be hot favourites for the final. Hopefully we'll manage to keep the ball kicked out though  ;)

Farrandeelin

Massive win. The backs were excellent, snuffed out a lot of the Breaffy attacks by throwing their bodies on the line. The O'Sheas are hard to fathom. I thought their attitude was poor today. Anyway enough about them... It's nice to win a semi final at last. Hard to see them coming close to the Mitchels next week, but that's for another day.

bucko

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 23, 2016, 05:08:22 PM
Massive win. The backs were excellent, snuffed out a lot of the Breaffy attacks by throwing their bodies on the line. The O'Sheas are hard to fathom. I thought their attitude was poor today. Anyway enough about them... It's nice to win a semi final at last. Hard to see them coming close to the Mitchels next week, but that's for another day.
Watched it on livestream, Knockmore very well set up defensively, always had numbers back anytime Breaffy were within 30-40m of goal. Colm Reape seemed to play well at CHF, was involved in a lot of Knockmore scores. McLoughlin's distribution with the foot was excellent at times, comfirmed to me he's the best kick passer in the county. I think the final with Castlebar might be tighter than people think.

ballinaman

Anyone have any more info on the row after the match?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2016, 10:41:40 PM
Anyone have any more info on the row after the match?

Not sure who started what but it was a continuation of the Keane/O'Shea saga. Then the usual one in, all in.

Mayo4Sam

By all accounts Breaffy were lucky to beat a poor Crossmolina team in the quarter final and struggled to beat Davitts in the final group game so I'm not sure this would give me all that much confidence

But it is great to be back in a county final, thought it was around 2012 for the last one, WTF happened to 7 years or for that matter the 19 the Kiltimagh game. I remember Peter Hughes saying before the '96 final that we were lucky in Knockmore we always got a go at a county final every 3-4 years, those days are long gone, you'd miss the buzz
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me