Connacht Club Championships 2016

Started by revsperminute, October 07, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

FT in Galway

Corofin 0-16 Salthill 0-11

Jason Leonard with 0-9 in the final for Corofin. 0-5 from play. Army with 0-6 for Salthill. 0-4 from play.

GaillimhIarthair

Galway Junior Final

Oranmore Maree 4-16 St Gabriels 1-07

Syferus

Kilmore forced to fulfill the Connacht Inter semi-final fixture this morning even after the club president died over night - a request to postpone was refused.

John Prenty - you are a hateful, corrupt b**tard. This deserves to be picked up nationally.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Syferus on October 23, 2016, 05:38:07 PM
Kilmore forced to fulfill the Connacht Inter semi-final fixture thugs morning even after the club president died over night - a request to postpone was refused.

John Prenty - you are a hateful, corrupt b**tard. This deserves to be picked up nationally.
That's a disgrace.

muppet

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 23, 2016, 05:45:37 PM
Kilmore forced to fulfill the Connacht Inter semi-final fixture thugs morning even after the club president died over night - a request to postpone was refused.

That's a disgrace.

Disgraceful alright, if that is the full story.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on October 23, 2016, 05:48:07 PM

That's a disgrace.

Kilmore rang the CC this morning requesting the match be postponed and they were told their "request could not be accommodated". The Kilmore chairman was on Shannonside confirming all this so it's from the source. The club will be releasing a statement on it tomorrow.

This is the interview: http://www.shannonside.ie/sport/kilmore-knocked-out-of-connacht-championship/

galwayman

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on October 23, 2016, 05:23:53 PM
Galway Junior Final

Not sure what the other Connacht junior champs are like but that's a decent Oranmore side.
They will be hard beaten in Connacht anyway.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on October 23, 2016, 06:23:40 PM
Galway Junior Final

Not sure what the other Connacht junior champs are like but that's a decent Oranmore side.

Given their catchment area Oranmore should be way too good for junior football. Granted it's not all about population.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 23, 2016, 06:59:39 PM
Quote from: galwayman on October 23, 2016, 06:23:40 PM
Galway Junior Final

Given their catchment area Oranmore should be way too good for junior football. Granted it's not all about population.
Based on this years results they are a long way ahead of all other junior teams in Galway anyway.  They will be very competitive at Intermediate next year and based on what I see coming through their underage structures, they could very well be a very solid senior team in a couple of years. 

moysider

That's a disgrace.

I'd love to hear the reason for not awarding a postponement.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on October 23, 2016, 09:39:22 PM

That's a disgrace.

The real reason, or whatever guff Prenty is going to come up with as a response tomorrow?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on October 23, 2016, 10:10:41 PM

That's a disgrace.

The real reason, or whatever guff Prenty is going to come up with as a response tomorrow?
I know next to nothing about Prenty but I assume there are officials from each of the other counties with him, delegates or whatever. Now, if he is as big a bollix as you seem to think, how come the other officers on the board don't stand up to him. Are they all gobsites, after all he seems to be the one that bugs you since you first started posting here and that a few years ago.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

That's a disgrace.

If there is a response and if there is no doubt along the lines of fixture congestion.
Anyway just not good enough.

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 23, 2016, 10:24:18 PM

That's a disgrace.

I know next to nothing about Prenty but I assume there are officials from each of the other counties with him, delegates or whatever. Now, if he is as big a bollix as you seem to think, how come the other officers on the board don't stand up to him. Are they all gobsites, after all he seems to be the one that bugs you since you first started posting here and that a few years ago.

Our CB took a month and a bit to appoint a man everyone knew was the man for the job from day one. If you think they could stand up to the dark lord you're having a laugh, Lar. I was still very disappointed to see their total silence when the Inter champions were refused a postponement, nevermind their seeming silence today after yet another incidence of total unfairness, this time bordering on crulelty.

Prenty controls everything in Bekan. If he wanted to give Kilmore some breathing space for player safety, fairness or even for simple human deciency it would have happened.

The Connacht president seems to be there to smile and award trophies and cut ribbons - and I say that knowing full well the current president is a good, honest Roscommon man.

moysider

President is an honorary position.